Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

THIRTY-FIVE

Rays of light seeped their way through the opening of the curtains in front of the window that placed itself in the guest bed room of the Burrow. Adara stretched her arms above her head and let out a yawn. She tensed up when the sound of a rhythmic snore reached her ears. She moved her eyes to the left and smiled as they met the freckle dusted face of George Weasley. Adara suppressed a laugh; feeling foolish for forgetting that he’d stayed the night with her. She shifted herself closer to George and rested on her side; studying his face. Adara lifted her hand up to George’s face and pushed back the strands of hair that feel in front of his eyes.

“Good morning, beautiful,” George groggily spoke as his eyes opened.

“How did you sleep?” Adara spoke smoothly as she gazed back at the man that lay beside her.

“Marvelous. You make sleep much more pleasant,” George smirked as he closed his eyes as he felt Adara caress his cheek.

“I have to go back to Hogwarts today,” Adara groaned as she remembered that dreaded truth.

“No, you don’t.”

Adara shot George a glance and furrowed her brow, “Um, yes, I do.”

“No, you don‘t,” George repeated himself and shifted to his side; now parallel to Adara. “You’re accompanying me to my brother’s wedding.”

“George,” Adara began to speak until he put a finger to her lips to silence her.

“Let me finish, love.” George spoke; his accent came out thick.

Adara nodded her head while the famous Malfoy smirk sketched itself upon her lips.

“You don’t technically have to be at Hogwarts until tomorrow.”

"Yes, but the arrangements for my departure have already been made," Adara reminded George as she rubbed her eyes; attempting to rid herself from her sleepy state.

George's mouth formed into a grin and he pushed himself out from underneath the covers; leaning back on the bed's wooden head board. "They have been made, but will not be ready until after the wedding."

Adara rested her head back on the pillows and looked up at George, who was smiling down at her.

"That's clever, Weasley," Adara spoke with a wink.

"I'd prefer to be called by my first name," George replied, a stern look resting upon his face.

"And what if I believe otherwise?" Adara replied as she raised her eyebrow.

"Then there is only one thing I can do."

"And what would that be, Weasley?"

"Torture."

Adara squealed with laughter as George began to tickle her sides.

"Say you will call me by my first name and I'll stop," George spoke as he watched Adara kick and squirm beneath him. The sight caused him to laugh as well.

“Never,” Adara replied between giggles. Her dark hair fell across her face as she attempted to push George off of her.

Adara managed to wiggle herself just far enough over to the side where she could escape George’s tickling clutches. The feeling of victory only lasted for a second before Adara let out a shriek and fell off the side of the bed.

“Comfy?” George asked as he poked his head over the side of the bed and stared down at Adara, who was lying on the ground.

“Very much so, George,” Adara replied with a laugh before she stood up then rubbed the back of her head.

"There it is," George spoke as he rolled over on his back and looked up at Adara from upside down.

Adara rolled her eyes and sat beside George. "Don't get too caught up in the satisfaction of winning."

"It's too late for that," George expressed between the kisses he placed on Adara's cheek.

A soft knock came from outside the door and George jumped off the bed to go answer it; he nearly tripped over himself in the process.

Adara walked into the bathroom and picked up the spare took brush Mrs. Weasley had set out for her on top of the counter and began to brush her teeth.

"Ginny has some clothes for you to borrow for Bill and Fleur's wedding," George spoke up as he began to walk into the bathroom, but he paused in the doorway and leaned against its frame.

Adara finished brushing her teeth then blotted her mouth with a towel, she looked over at George, who had been staring at her. "What?"

"You," George answered as he took three steps towards her and smiled.

"What about me?"

"You're pretty," George's words came out with such an innocent sincerity that caused Adara's heart to melt.

"Even after I've just woken up and I'm dressed in my pajamas?" Adara smirked as she wrapped her arms around George's neck.

"Especially then," George whispered into her ear.

“George,” the voice of Arthur Weasley called out from the hallway.

“I’m in here, dad,” George called back and parted from Adara; quickly kissing her lips.

“Ah, there you are,” Arthur announced as he stepped into the room, “Good morning, Adara.”

“Good morning,” Adara greeted back.

“George, your brothers need you to help set up the tent out back.”

“Alright,” George answered, “I’ll see you later, Adara.”

“Have fun,” Adara smiled and watched George and his father exit the room.

Adara placed her hands on her hips and looked around the room, quickly deciding to find Ginny and the outfits she had apparently picked out for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe :)