Status: When inspiration hits.

Screwed

#CalmBeforeTheStorm

Vending Machine coffee sucks ass. #hospital

In all honesty, I'm really not all that tough.

The tats, abs, and the piercings make me look unbeatable. Carrying your only friend in the world into a hospital passed out cold and burning hot in your arms is not easy. Two hours of sitting here between wackos, and vile smelling prostitutes alike in this stuffy ass ER waiting room in the early hours of the morning just waiting; was harder.

I slipped my blackberry back in my pocket before taking another sip from the foul tasting cup in my hand. Pulling hard on my roots I turned my eyes to the ceiling tiles praying to any god that would listen I was overreacting.

But, christ o mighty she had relapsed, she hadn't had a seizure in over two years, she was so careful.

No bright video games, flashing lights, or concerts. Took her medication every day. I made sure, I was there for her last seizure.

It's not something you ever want to go through.

"Um, Sir?" a girl with with a high pitched nasal voice tapped my shoulder, voice irritated.

"What?" I spat through my teeth, not bothering to look at her.

"Your not allowed to be here with your shirt off." She scolded chomping down, and popping the gum in her mouth.

My blood boiled, my fucking bare chest had jack shit to do with any thing, I wasn't bothering anyone. I looked up to a blonde bimbo with her hair in a messy bun, and extremely low cut, hot pink scrubs wearing to much eye shadow.

"Yet, they let you walk around with your tits dragging the floor?" I shook my head slamming the coffee down on the table next to my seat,"Whatever, fine."

I brushed past her, a disgusted gasp left her lips, and I strode for the gift shop.

These dumb ass nurses where going to send me to an early grave.

Shirtless, and fucking cold, I am going to tackle the next nurse who sent me another degrading look. Over two hours ago without a word from any-fuckin-body, and they where one to many weird looking fuckers for them to be homophobic.

My phone buzzed in my pocket as I strode in the large gift shop.

Starships where meant to flYyy. Reach up and touch the skYyy.

Shit. I pulled my phone from my pocket and opened my inbox with one hand while striding over the men's section and plucking a random shirt from the small rack.

From: J. Hutch June 2 2012 7:03 AM

Is Angel okay? She never texted me back.
She said she was feeling off?


Shit I forgot to call him.

I swore softly under my breath, walking over to the check out counter and handing the young girl more than enough money before walking away slipping the white v-neck over my head.

"Sir! You forgot"

"Keep it, Doll face." I yelled dismissing throwing up a hand and texting with the other. Plopping back down on the hard metal chair I pressed send with a quiet sigh.

"Is anyone out here family of Angel Chanel Taylor?" A new dark skin nurse called over the rumble of voices, from behind the front desk.

I all but leaped out of my seat and ran for her desk.

" Yeah that'd be me, I'm her brother, Is she okay?" I lied easily, rushing out my words in one breath.

The nurse smiled kindly," I don't know much, she's been transferred to the third floor room 317, Honey, you can go see her now."

I nodded a bit uneasily, "Thank you so much."

A&J.

From: T. Raynes June 2, 2012 7:07 AM

I'm so sorry, man. I'm freaking out of my mind right now.

She's in the ER. Dumb fuck nurses haven't said a word.


I was rushing in my bed room and pulling a hoodie over my head and sunglasses on my face before I could think.

I didn't even want to know how bad she was, I just wanted to be there for her.

"Keys, Keys, Keys. Shit, where are my fucking-." I patted my empty pockets before I realized the keys to my motorcycle where in my hands," Oh."

I picked up my phone off the coffee table sending Tanner a quick reply before shoving my iPhone in my pocket and sprinting down stairs towards my garage keys in hand.

I'd pressed the automatic unlock button on the keys, and no sooner had I turned the ignition I was gunning down the driveway in the thick morning air; past the gates.

A&J.

From: J. Hutch June 2 2012 7:18 AM

I'll be there in twenty minutes.


"Your beau says he'll be here in a few, Honey." I murmured lightly to my best friends sleeping form tucking a few stray hairs behind her ears.
Angel looked like shit.

It looked like her cheeks had lost a bit of there color, she had a few bruises from the seizure,but aside from that, she looked pretty peaceful, normal.

The goddamn doctor still hadn't made an appearance, and I was about to flip shit. I couldn't think of a single thing that could've made her this sick.

"Sir?" A soft, low voice spoke from the door, and I swear my knees would've been knocking together right about now if I hadn't been sitting.

Tall, blonde brown eyes and a Black Sabbath shirt and skinnies under his white lab coat.

"Ya." I managed raising my eyebrows expectantly.

"I'm Dr. Anderson." He smiled politely striding forward and extending his hand, which I firmly returned. I fought the urge to shiver.

My eyes darted down to Angel and back to him as we drop hands unable to put my thoughts into words.

"Miss. Taylor should be fine, but we still want to keep her over night to be sure. Her blood pressure was through the roof when you brought her in, although she's regulated now we need to keep an eye on her." He explained calmly his dark eyes staring into mine," We increased the dosage on her epilepsy medication now that she's relapsed. I'll give her a prescription for that when she's released."

I nodded, a soft sigh slipping past my lips, my mind eased considerably. Then my eyebrows scrunched as I remembered the initial reason I brought her in.

"You have any idea what caused her throw up?"I asked weakly rubbing my left arm. Mentally cursing myself when it left my lips.

Damn I should've used a smarter word. Throw up? Fuck.

He pressed his lips together dipping his shaking head to the right.

"Nothing set in stone yet," he looked down at Angel and bit his lip tentatively," I have suspicions but, It could be anything from type one diabetes to an allergic reaction to her medications..."

"Do you know what kind of meds she takes?" He asked suddenly throwing me off guard.

I reached down onto the floor and picked up my black leather messenger bag pulling out the large plastic bag filled with her pill bottles.

I handed them to him hesitantly, explaining as he sat the bag on Angel's bed table examining them" I thought she might need them when she woke up."

"Sweet of you." Dr. Anderson murmured distractedly, underlying tone of disbelief in his voice," These medications completely contradict themselves."

"Huh?" I replied, confused.

"Basically?" Dr. Anderson looked up from the bottles he had lined on the table," Her medicine regimen for depression, and epilepsy cancels out any benefits of her birth control. Her daily tylenol recommendation screws up her epilepsy meds."

I was dumbfounded.

"Your saying that she's not taking her pills because she takes them together?"

He nodded unbelievably looking down at Angel as she started to stir her eyes cracking open, and letting out a deep breath.

"Hey, how are you doing, Angel," Dr. Anderson asked lightly," I'm Dr. Anderson. Are you feeling alright?"

A&J.

This was not my room.

I really do not like waking up in places I didn't fall asleep in. I let my eyes flicker from the man in a white coat standing above me, to Tanner, and around the hospital room.

My entire body ached, muscles tense and sore I looked down and saw the random bruises that covered my pale skin in the weirdest of places.

I closed my eyes with a small shake of my head as my stomach lurched roughly and I gripped white knuckled at my sheets.

"Where does it hurt, and how bad would you say on a scale from one to ten?" Dr. Anderson asked calmly, and I felt Tanner grip my hand.

"Everywhere," l moaned softly, voice cracking," about a 5. My stomach...8."

I opened my eyes and he nodded curtly shooting me a rueful smile.

"I'm so sorry," he patted my wrist lightly with his ice, cold hand," I'm going to have to go see if your blood cultures done before I can give you anything. Think you can hang in there for twenty mins or so?"

I nodded lightly, and he left the room quickly.

Taking my hand from Tanner I pressed the up button to lift me into a sitting position as Josh ran through the door.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked breathing deeply, voice full of concern.

His short brown hair stood up every which way on his head, tight and wrinkled black hoodie, aviators on the top of his head, as handsome his face scrunched in empathy.

"I-I-I think I'm going to throw up again." I spoke muffled pressing my hand tight over my mouth. A wide eyed Tanners quickly handed me the small trash can beside the bed. No sooner was it on my lap I was griping the side of it becoming violently sick.

Josh was at my side in an instant rubbing circles on my lower back while Tanner squeezed the finger tips of my free hand. Josh pulled a tissue from a box on the bedside table and I accepted it wearily sinking back into the stiff bed.

"Hi, Iron man." I managed a smile.

Tanner silently pulled the trash can from my lap, and back on to the floor. He pointed toward the door with a sly, tired smile and left with a wink.

The corner of his lip tugged upward,"I thought I told you I was Spiderman?"

I laughed hoarsely glad that he wasn't fussing me about what just happened.

"If I'm going to be your girl-love interest type person," I corrected myself quickly blushing lightly," I'd much rather be Pepper Potts than Mary Jane."

"Valid point, but doesn't that mean you'll have to start wearing nerdy glasses and, y'know be my verbally abusive girlfriend?" He looked into my eyes and confidently took my hand, making it clear it was meant as a request.

My cheeks scorched red hot, and I could only imagine the terrible scarlet that hued my cheeks flushed my cheeks, as I nodded," I'd love to be your verbally abusive girlfriend."

Josh laughed leaning down and giving me the best hug you can imagine from someone standing to someone in a hospital bed.

I pulled away from him suddenly. The wide smile I plastered on my lips contradicting my hard stare.

"Now go make me a sandwich, Stark."
♠ ♠ ♠
Good? Bad? Ideas for Improvement?

Sorry, for the wired cut off It just fits nicely in to what I plan to happen next.