Status: Active, with updates every other week.

I Get Around

BASED ON S.E. HINTON'S NOVEL THE OUTSIDERS

Katherine "Kit-Kat" Joanie Curtis is a sweet and sensitive girl who hides her emotions behind her dolled up face after her parents' death. Wild and reckless, she'll do anything to feel the love she had when her parents were alive, including sleeping with nearly any boy who comes her way; anything to feel a spark of love, however superficial it may be. When her older brother and guardian Darry finds out what she's doing, she stops for the most part, and when school starts up again, she meets her first serious boyfriend, a boy from San Francisco, the city that she's only heard of, the city that sends thoughts of peace and love running through her mind. But she remains weary of him, as he's from the rich side of town, and the Socs, as they're called, aren't known to be nice to greasers like her.
The Sixties is a decade of change on all levels: political, social and economic, and Katherine is caught in the middle of it. Not only does she have to deal with international problems, such as TV programs being interrupted by footage of the war in Vietnam, but she's caught in the middle of a local war: the never ending one between the Socs and the greasers.

Author's Note:
I own nothing in this story besides 99% of the plot, Katherine Curtis, Michael Andrews, and select other characters. All other characters belong to S.E. Hinton. I apologize in advance for too much dialogue. Also, I plan on making this as historically accurate as possible, so there will be mention of events that happened during that time. Don't hate because the girls only wear skirts or dresses, that's how it was during the time.
Thank you, and enjoy the story.
WAIT. This is rated R for sex outside of marriage that doesn't always include love, rape, swearing, abusive relationships, violent deaths, underage drinking and smoking, and war. This is also posted on fanfiction.net under my username goldensunsets-midnightskies, so don't send me messages saying that I plagiarized.
  1. Chapter One
  2. Chapter Two
    Sex. You have been warned.