Sequel: Live In Reality
Status: All done...for now! Maybe an epilogue if you lovelies would like one! Comment and let me know!

Not So Honest Perfection

Chapter 6 (edited)

Not So Honest Perfection

Chantal walked ahead of Lenore at a brisk pace. Moving quickly to catch up with her friend in the large arena, Lenore called out to her.

“Chan? Why are you going so fast? We have time,” Lenore puffed.

“You should be there early. The Pens want to start a new ad campaign. This meeting is so important,” Chantal explained. She slowed briefly so that her friend could catch up. “Come on, Suite 66 is this way.”

******

Walking into the personal suite of Mario Lemieux, Lenore was glad to see she had dressed just right. Not wanting to overdo it, she had chosen a pair of crème lace shorts, a gray tank top, purple cardigan, gray suede wedges, and her gray tote bag. On her head, she had her large black sunglasses, something she never left home without.

“Miss Chambres,” Mario greeted. “Hello!”

“Hello, Mr. Lemieux. It’s good to see you again. May I introduce my best friend and assistant Chantal Dubois? She’s the reason I’m here on time,” Lenore smiled gesturing to her friend.

“Hi, Mr. Lemieux,” Chantal smiled shaking hands with the hockey great. “It is true. She’d never get anywhere without me.”

“We all need those special people behind us for help and support, don’t we?” Mario smiled. “Take a seat. We’re just waiting on a few others.”

*******

A few others indeed. Minutes later, Jordan Staal, Marc-Andre Fluery, Kris Letang, Billy Guerin, Max Talbot and Sidney Crosby all walked into the suite.

“Mon cheri!” Kris grinned as he kissed Lenore on both cheeks. “Good to see you!”

“Bonjour, Kristopher,” Lenore smiled. “Hello everyone.”

Greetings were exchanged, and soon, everyone was seated.

“So, Lenore,” Mario began. “What do you have in mind for these buffoons?”

Lenore smiled. “Well…”

*******

Two hours later, Lenore and Chantal were walking out of Mellon Arena. Having secured times for a photo shoot and interviews, everything was settled.

“I’ll see you tomorrow morning,” Chantal waved. “You’ve got to review progress reports.”

“I know, Chantal,” Lenore huffed. “I’m not totally inept.”

“You know I didn’t mean it that way, sweetie,” Chantal smiled slowly. “I’ll see you then.”

As she watched her friend drive off, Lenore leaned against hercar. Shaking her head, Lenore sighed. Her friend was always a little controlling. But somehow, it made her love the dark-skinned girl all that much more. Her best friend was always there for her.

“Hey!” a voice called out. Lenore turned to see Sidney jogging towards her. “Wait up!”

“What’s up, Sidney?” she asked stepping away from her car.

“I, uh, I was wondering if you maybe wanted to grab lunch and then go down by the waterfront? You could go home and change if you want. Your shoes aren’t exactly for walking,” he said.

Lenore looked down at her feet and then back up at the hockey player. “I’d love to. And I’ve got a change of shoes and stuff in my car. Where did you have in mind for lunch?”

“There’s a little coffeehouse a few blocks from here that sells really good paninis, if you’re interested,” Sidney offered.

“Sounds fine to me,” Lenore assured him. “Do you want me to follow in my car?”

“You could ride with me,” he said. “Or do whatever you like.” So this was the nervous Sidney.

“I’ll go with you,” she smiled. “Just give me two seconds.” Lenore walked to the back of her black Audi and popped the trunk. She exchanged her wedges for a pair of sandals and her cardigan for a hoodie. “There. Much better. You ready?”

Sidney nodded and extended his arm. Giggling at the old-fashioned notion, Lenore took it with a smile. Sidney Crosby was pretty damn perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooooo.... do you guys like it? I'm not crazy about this chapter myself, I feel like I could have done better but I don't know on what. Is anyone curious about how Jason returning will affect her relationship with Sidney? Any guesses? Let me, lovelies! Drop a comment!

What Lenore Wore