Sequel: Live In Reality
Status: All done...for now! Maybe an epilogue if you lovelies would like one! Comment and let me know!

Not So Honest Perfection

Chapter 7 (edited)

Not So Honest Perfection

“But that’s just me,” Lenore shrugged. She had been telling Sidney her pet peeves, a subject he had shared his thoughts on over lunch.

“You’re a very sensitive person,” he teased as they walked along the river.

“I am, I’ll admit that. But sensitivity is good for business and dancing,” Lenore defended.

“Dancing?” Sidney asked.

“I own a dancing school,” she said plainly. Did it need explaining?

“That’s cool. One of Mario’s daughters dances, she’s pretty good,” he nodded.

“I know. She’s enrolled with me now,” Lenore smiled. How could this mindless chatter make her so happy?

“You want to sit?” Sidney asked gesturing to a bench.

With a nod, the two took a seat. Shivering against the wind, Lenore unknowingly leaned into the hockey player. Surprised by her actions, he glanced down at her. Her eyes were observing the water intently, she didn’t notice him. But he honestly didn’t mind.

********

“I had a lot of fun today,” Lenore smiled as the two pulled back into Mellon Arena.

“So did I,” Sidney agreed. “We should do it again.”

“We will,” she nodded. “I’m free tomorrow for lunch.”

“I am too. We’ve got a game tomorrow night, you’re welcome to come out with us after,” he hinted.

“We’ll have to see what time I get out of work. I’ve got meetings and I have to evaluate Stephenie,” Lenore sighed. “But lunch definitely. Same place?”

“Same place,” Sid nodded. Unsure of what to do next, he relied on impulse and adrenaline. He kissed her. Granted, it was on the cheek, but it was still a kiss. “See you.”

Lenore grinned. “See you.” She turned around then, towards her car. A few feet away, she turned around. Sidney didn’t say anything and neither did she. Lenore just simply smiled and waved before returning on her way. The day had been perfect.

*******

“You what!?” Chantal’s voice shrieked that night over the phone.

“I went out to lunch with Sidney Crosby and I have plans with him tomorrow,” Lenore shrugged holding the phone away from her ear.

“You can’t do that! The board will flip shit if they find out that you’re mixing business with pleasure!” Chantal warned. She really was concerned for her friend.

“Okay, four things. One, I am CEO, and therefore, chairwoman of the board. Two, I don’t give a shit about what the board thinks. Three, they didn’t care when Noelle dated that guy on the Pirates for a few months, why am I any different? And four, I DON’T CARE!” Lenore explained.

“Technically that’s three,” Chantal chuckled lightly. “But still.”

“Do I need to repeat myself? I don’t care what the board has to say on the matter,” she said.

“But your dad,” her friend sighed.

“My dad would be proud about the way I’ve been handling my life,” Lenore protested.

“The partying?” Chantal asked. “The flirting? Everything?”

“He’d be glad that I broke things off with Jason, no matter what the aftermath was like,” Lenore said defiantly. “Jason… oh, shit.”

“Jason? What about Jason?” Chantal asked taking on a concerned tone.

‘What the hell am I doing?’ Lenore asked herself. She honestly didn’t know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh. She's starting to realize what a deep hole she's dug herself. What do you think? I'm writing this for a contest, so I'd really appreciate your thoughts on any of this! I think I see this going maybe 10 more chapters. It all depends on how quickly I can get things moving. Are you liking this? Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!