Sequel: Live In Reality
Status: All done...for now! Maybe an epilogue if you lovelies would like one! Comment and let me know!

Not So Honest Perfection

Chapter 8 (edited)

Not So Honest Perfection

“Send these out to print ASAP. These need to go back to editing; the format is too much of an eyesore,” Lenore instructed Chantal. “Oh, and Chantal? Thanks, I wouldn’t be able to do this without you.”

The dark-skinned girl smiled. “Of course, Len. What are best friends/assistants for?”

“Take your lunch. I’m going to go take mine,” Lenore said.

“Oh?” Chantal smirked. “With a certain Canadian hockey player?”

“That’s not being very specific, is it? What hockey player isn’t Canadian?” she laughed. “And before you say Ben Lovejoy, I am going to lunch with Sidney. Happy?” Chantal wouldn’t admit it, but she had a thing for the American hockey player.

“Exceedingly. Go have fun. You’re coming back though, right?” Chantal picked up her purse.

Lenore nodded. “Until 5. Then I’m headed to the studio.”

“Any plans tonight?” Chantal asked. Her eyebrows were arched in a way that suggested she meant it in a very specific way.

“I might,” Lenore smirked. “We’ll have to see.”

“Not too worried about Jason then?” Chantal asked.

Lenore cringed. Hearing her former fiancé’s name sent shivers down her spine, and not in an I’m-still-so-in-love way. “If I were to tell the truth, I would say I’m terrified. But since I’m going to lie, no, I’m fine.”

“Don’t hide from it,” Chantal advised. “I’ll see you in an hour, yeah?”

Lenore nodded. “See you.”

********

“And if it isn’t the ever mysterious Lenore Chambres,” Sidney laughed.

Lenore was ducking out of her car with her sunglasses on and was holding a newspaper over her head to try and stay dry.

“Umbrella?” he asked. Sidney was holding a massive one that was covered in a bunch of little Penguins logos.

“Please,” Lenore nodded before tossing the damp newspaper back into the car. “And isn’t this a little obvious?”

“What? The umbrella? I guess. But it’s the only one I had in my car!” he laughed.

“Fair enough,” she shrugged. “C’mon. I’ve only got an hour.”

*******

“So can I expect you tonight at the game?” Sidney asked hopefully as the two stood outside the restaurant 50 minutes later.

Lenore shook her head sadly. “No. I’ve got to go back to the office, then the studio. Stephenie is coming in so I can evaluate her. But, do you have plans after the game?”

“It was my turn to throw the party after,” he said. “We’re all tired of going to clubs. You’re welcome to come.”

“I’d love to. Text me your address and I’ll be there after the game. Around 11?” Lenore smiled.

Sidney’s lips parted to reveal his teeth. “11 should work. I’ll see you then.”

“Mmhm. Talk to you soon, Sidney,” Lenore nodded. And then she did something that was pretty much on impulse. She kissed him. And this time, it wasn’t a kiss on the cheek. It was real. “See you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So lots of dialogue. Are you guys okay with this one? I thought it came out pretty good, I had this one cranked out in about 15 minutes. I'm going to try and update at least once more today!The next chapter will include some more insight into Lenore's thoughts and what's going through her mind. The chapter after that will focus more on Sidney. Let me know what's on YOUR minds, lovelies!

What Lenore Wore