Status: In Progress, Please Comment!

Mozart, Metallica, and Me...Wynnie

Girls in White Dresses

"I love you." His face grinned, despite the exhaustion I could hear in his voice.

"I love you, too." I smiled back. "Now, get some sleep, CC."

"I want to talk to you, we haven't spoken in forever." He shook his head.

"You come home in two days." I assured.

"Then I leave again in a week." He reminded.

"But that's still a week to catch up." I promised. "Please, get some sleep. And stay safe."

"You, too." He sighed.

I blew him a kiss and he caught it, his eyes growing more droopy by the second.

"I love you." I said again.

"I love you more." He chuckled, but I could hear it in his voice that he really needed sleep. He gave me another tired smile and we hung up.

When Sammi had told me Skype would be my best friend…I hadn't thought she'd been serious. But, any sort of immediate communication is always difficult when he's in another time zone. Thankfully, the east coast is only three hours ahead.

Tomorrow, Lindsey and I were going dress shopping, and Sammi would meet us about halfway through the day. I don't understand why the two of them were so set on going so soon. I had a year still, before the wedding. I didn't think dress shopping should have been my main concern when I still needed to work on finding caterers.

Which, was happening while CC was here to help me this upcoming week, and any weeks in the future if we don't choose one this time.

But, caterers are so much more difficult to find than dresses. I can shop all I want for dresses. Caterers actually need to be scheduled.

I closed my laptop with a sigh and made my way into bed, curling up amongst the black comforter and sheets.

***

"Wynnie! Wake up!" I'd forgotten Lindsey had a key to my house, to watch the pets when CC and I were both gone.

I blinked, rubbing my eyes until she finally came into focus.

"Come on, we're getting an early start!" She encouraged. I groaned and tousled my hair.

I allowed her to drag me out of bed and drank coffee, my only option for the morning as it's usually a choice between coffee or tea and there was none of the latter in the house.

"Let's go!" She cheered as soon as I was ready. I followed her into her car and we drove off to the first boutique.

Which, looking at the amount of dresses they had, would be my only for the day.

I actually had an appointment for dress-trying here, as Lindsey informed me. I didn't even know you could do that.

"Of course, do you know how difficult it is to get help if you don't schedule?!" She looked at me like I was crazy.

"No, this would be my first wedding." I pointed out quietly and allowed myself to be bustled into a dressing room moments later where I let Lindsey communicate with the woman helping us and I texted CC. I knew he wouldn't be up yet, and when he was, he'd be busy, but I needed someone to talk to.

Do you know how impossible it is to get into a wedding dress? I'd only tried on two before Sammi got there! It took me close to three and a half hours for two dresses.

The first was really flashy. It was sparkly and form-fitting to the flare and showed off boobs that I didn't really have. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have boobs, they're there, I wouldn't have my job if I didn't. They're just not as big as what I think the dress is meant to show off. I didn't like it, it was stiff. I felt like I wasn't moving and it really irked me where the dress came to under my arms.

The second was similar as far as the design of the top. It was the same sweetheart neckline and the same uncomfortable stiffness, but the bottom looked like cotton candy and feathers. I looked like an ostrich. I shook my head.

"Hey, I just---what are you wearing? You look like an ostrich." Sammi laughed. I smiled a little.

"This is dress number two." Lindsey informed her.

"Number two? It's been like…four hours, I thought?" She made a face.

"Yes, it has." She agreed.

"I couldn't get the other one on." I said, embarrassed.

"You can't put wedding dresses on alone, it's impossible. Where's the woman who's helping us?"

"Getting more." Lindsey shrugged.

She came back with more, alright. There were almost a million of them.

Dress number three I could move in, at least. It was a lot more comfortable. But, I wasn't liking the slim fit look. Though, the design was admittedly more attractive than the other two.

Number four I liked the skirt of. However, the top was near see-through and I didn't like it.

"Do you just not want strapless dresses, Wynn?" Sammi asked, trying to narrow down the process.

"I don't know." I was stressed now. I knew I shouldn't have started dress shopping, yet, I wasn't ready.

Unfortunately, we took it back to my least favorite bodice for the next one I let them stuff me into. I should have just opened my mouth and admitted I hated it.

Slowly, the options got better. The proceeding dress had much more of a flow to its design. It was comfortable and it was pretty with flowers adorning the tulle of the skirt. It looked like a cloud, and it was a lot more flattering on me overall.

"Better or worse?" Lindsey tugged the skirt out so I could see it better as she asked me compare to the dress prior to it.

"Better." I said.

"Good!" The woman who was helping us. She ran back to get more as Lindsey and Sammi helped me back into the room and out of the dress. This was getting really repetitive really fast.

This one was getting much further into my comfort zone. It was classy, but something about the top still threw me off and even though I liked the skirt, I wasn't really feeling it.

"There are other places, guys--" I began quietly when we got back to the dressing room and they both cut me off with noises of disagreement.

"This is the best shop here." Lindsey shook her head. "Everyone I know loves these dresses."

"Except, you, of course." Sammi agreed with her, but looked pointedly at me. "We don't have to buy anything, but can't we at least stay until we get a feel for your style?"

I nodded.

"How very…Princess Kate of you." Sammi commented at the next dress.

"It looks amazing on you, Wynn." Lindsey commented.

"I agree, this one is the best." Sammi nodded.

"I think we're getting what flatters you." The woman agreed. "How do you feel about it."

"It's my favorite right now." I said quietly.

Lindsey and Sammi high-fived each other and included me in a group hug.

The lacing at the top was gorgeous, but just the over all elegant simplicity was probably what I was looking for in a dress.

The next one looked so simple that it could easily be a fancy night-gown, but I kind of adored it, too. It was an A-line and it had a natural waist, which was cute on it.

The second A-line had a shorter skirt. I wanted something long, but at least this reached the floor. The bunching was adorable.

And of course, the woman had to add on a fourth dress that I was in love with now. It was almost old-fashioned, and it had lace sleeves. This one was much more Princess Kate looking, which Lindsey pointed out this time. The woman helping us informed us that it was an inspired replica. I nodded, not surprised, but it was so pretty.

I had no idea what to do, the last four I tried on were my favorite and I'd now been in the shop for six or seven hours.

Thankfully, the dresses were able to be ordered and I had time to do so, and I walked out of the boutique still trying to figure out what I liked best.

"As we have four options and it's been…seven hours," Lindsey checked her phone, "I think we should not only call it a day--"

"But not even bother looking at other shops." I finished, nodding. "I'm bad at making decisions, but it's definitely one of those four."

"What color is your hair going to be for the wedding?" Lindsey asked.

"I don't know, maybe I'll go natural." I shrugged. "I dyed it like this for that one shoot."

"You dyed your whole head? For a shoot?" Lindsey made a face.

"Yeah." I shrugged.

"Let's all go out to dinner." Sammi offered.

"Where's your car?" I frowned as she stepped into the car with us.

"Took the bus today." She shrugged.

"Yeah, dinner sounds good." Lindsey agreed and we made our way to a restaurant.

***

"Venues." CC sighed, looking at the pamphlets I was scattering around the table.

"I don't know what to do." I sat down next to him to look at all of the options.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, skimming through different places before he stopped and turned to look at me, taking my hands in his.

"Where is the one place you always wanted to get married?"

I bit my lip and thought for a second.

"Sleepyhollow," I said honestly, "In New York. We went when we were on vacation one year, when I was a kid. The mansions are gorgeous on the river and there's just such history in the area and the churches are beautiful and quaint, mostly, and--"

"Then that's where we'll have it." He said simply.

"CC, that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard." I groaned. "It's across the country."

"So?"

"We have to get our guests and our wedding party there and--"

"We can do it." He promised.

"Where have you always wanted to get married?" I frowned, crossing my arms.

"I'm a guy, you think I've ever thought about marriage before I met you?" He chuckled, kissing me softly. "Find a venue in Sleepyhollow."

I nodded and went to find my laptop.


I was on a plane to meet CC in New York. He'd stayed there at the end of their tour and I was meeting him.

We'd just landed, so everyone was bustling to get their carry-on. I pushed through the crowd slowly as we finally left the plane and searched the people waiting there for my fiance.

You don't know how much getting used to it had taken me to finally call him that.

"Wynnie." Familiar arms wrapped around me and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"CC," I stood on my tiptoes to kiss him. "How was tour?"

"Great, as always." He smiled, "I missed you."

"I missed you, too." I smiled back.

"So, if you're up for traveling, we're going to drive upstate tonight to get to Terrytown where we're staying."

Tomorrow we started trying out caterers. It was going to be crazy, fall weddings are always difficult to plan. Thankfully, we'd been fortunate enough to book the church and the mansion (for the reception) almost two years in advance.

I nodded.

"Come on, I've got a cab, so let's go get your luggage."
♠ ♠ ♠
Starbabyekj - awe yay! I'm glad you liked Jinxx's pov and I've never been proposed to and I feel like that was a slightly unrealistic way of going about it but my friend got proposed to at a horse show, her now husband braided the ring into the horse's mane when she went to get a drink after she showed and then she found it when she started unbraiding...so I figured anythings possible. :p And, I know, I'm such a dork for that last sentence XD

SO KIDS! A little bit of fun...you guys get to vote on the wedding dresses.
I only have four of the links open in tabs right now (wedding dresses were taking over my browser for forever) but you're free to vote for whatever your favorite is.

These are Wynnie's favorites:
1
2
3
4

But all dresses are fair game. So, vote! Basically, if it's one of these four: vote "1" "2" "3" or "4" and if it's any of the others, post the link (which are available within the story.

And comment too! XD But votes are submitted via comments so, you kinda have to at least say "dress _______"

Yup Yup! Thanks for reading! Enjoy!