Status: In Progress, Please Comment!

Mozart, Metallica, and Me...Wynnie

Best Friends

CC's expression of horror made me giggle.

Well, that and the buttermilk icing that I'd smeared down his nose. He took the napkin from beside him, giving me a goofy grin, and wiped his face as the woman helping us pick a cake returned to the room.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Here's the full sampling plate." She shook her head, her face still holding a small smile.

I nodded while shyly ducking my head and proceeding to try the little square cuts of cake that the woman, named Sherri, pointed out to us. CC kept looking up at me from where his head was ducked across the table. I giggled silently.

"So, do you have a favorite?" Sherri asked us at the end.

CC looked at me.

"I'm kind of caught between the chocolate mint chip, the pink champagne, and the chai spice…" I bit my lip, speaking quietly. She seemed to hear me as she took notes. "And you?"

"The pink champagne, the Irish cream fudge, and the golden rum." He chuckled.

I sighed.

"So, the pink champagne definitely for the top tier." She nodded. "We can do a different flavor per tier." She informed us.

I bit my lip.

"How many tiers were you thinking?"

I looked at CC who shrugged.

"There's a total of…" He tried counting in his head.

"Two-hundred-fifty invited." I sighed. He had a big extended family. His aunts and uncles had several children each and it went on from there. I had my whole family invited to try to balance it out, but we were considerably smaller. Plus, his close friends and mine, and he was clearly just a social butterfly with all of his friends. Realistically, though, with a wedding across the country, we didn't expect more than a hundred. Our closest friends and our very closest family.

One-hundred…my God that's so many people.

"Okay!" She smiled, "Then I'm thinking something like this ." She slid a sketch over to us. I nodded and CC did as well.

"So about six full tiers and then a seventh that's split up a little." She smiled with a nod. "What's your theme?"

I blushed and hid behind my hands.

"Um…it's difficult…to explain." CC chuckled. "It's kind of a modern-victorian theme…lots of red…and black?" He scratched the back of his head, laughing. "Kind of…halloween? Gothic almost."

She smiled and nodded.

"Can I see your invitations?"

I groaned quietly and reached into my purse for one of the only two invitations I'd made with the help of Lindsey. We'd finalized our theme colours, but not our invitation design. So, both invitations had separate designs.

This was our favorite at the moment.

"What are your bouquet flowers going to be?"

We'd already informed her that this was a wedding that was almost a year away. Our consultation was only because he was about to go away for six months…and then we'd have about four months before the wedding, where he'd be recording Black Veil Brides' next album and I'd be doing a mini-tour with Lindsey and a few other instrumentalists that was mostly west coast only. We'd have no time except for our current trip and previous trip to the area of Sleepyhollow.

"Maybe roses." I bit my lip. "They're my favorite."

"Okay!" She nodded. "I think I have something." She smiled at us. "How about we email you our ideas." She offered. I nodded. "And for the flavors," She flipped back a page. "Seven tiers and you picked five flavors. Do you want to do two of the pink champagne? That would bring us to six."

"And one of the mint chocolate chip." CC smiled. I blushed and nodded.

"Awe, that's sweet." She cooed. "Okay, that sounds good!" She stood up and we followed suit, shaking her hand as she bade us well and promised to email us shortly.

"We still need to pick a caterer." He reminded us as we left after signing things and deciding on icing. I sighed, we had had absolutely no luck finding anyone on our previous trip and I was feeling irritated at the thought of trying again.

"We need to try." He prodded.

I nodded as we walked down the street to the next restaurant on our list.

***

"That went better." He commented as we left. I nodded in agreement. We'd just miraculously managed to finish finding a caterer and a shop to do our cake. I mean, it took over a week to find the caterer, and half a week to find a bakery, but still. It must have been record time.

"That leaves us the rest of the day." He pointed out. I bit my lip and nodded. Tomorrow we'd need to start arrangements with the people renting us the mansion. They'd be showing us the location. We'd kindly picked their vendors as far as food went, now we'd have to figure everything else out.

They were letting us use the grounds outdoors because of the number of guests. They were gorgeous, so I wasn't complaining. Hopefully it didn't rain, though.

I should probably make a mental note to get tents.

"What do you want to do?" He wrapped his arm around me.

"I'm trying to think about what we still need to do." I hushed him.

Wedding pictures.

Photographer.

Fucking fuck...

"We need a wedding photographer." I sighed.

"We'll talk to them about that." He nodded. "Maybe they can point us to someone around here."

"We need our photos done." I frowned at him.

"We could do them post…that way you could wear the--no." He sighed, looking at my face. "Wynn, neither of us are going to be home really, past this week."

"We could do everything tomorrow." I said quietly, hoping.

"Visit the mansion, book a photographer, catch a flight back to LA, and book a photographer back in LA?" He asked me, looking at me as if I were crazy. "Wynn, that's insane."

I bit my lip.

We stood there, just looking at each other, for a few moments before he sighed.

"Call Sammi, maybe she's actually available." I nodded and frantically fumbled in my pocket for my cellphone. I dialed the number and held it to my ear. CC tapped his foot impatiently, because I'd given him my purse.

"Hey, how's New York?" Sammi asked. I checked the time, okay it was around two there so I wasn't fucking terribly much with her schedule, I hoped.

"Great, are you busy?" I asked nervously.

"No, I'm taking a break." She sounded relaxed so she definitely wasn't lying about that. "I'm home, why?"

"Tell my brother to shut that awful racket up." I groaned, violin doesn't travel well over the phone. She laughed and relayed the message. I heard a sarcastic response in the background, but I couldn't make out what he'd said.

"What do you need?"

"Um…so…I forgot about pictures." I started.

"Wynn, I'm your guest, don't make me work." She groaned.

"No, not at the wedding…" I sighed.

She paused for a moment.

"You don't want to just do them post?"

"We should have gotten them done when we got engaged." I pointed out.

"True, but you do have that one shoot--"

"Those are all portfolio pictures, though." I reminded.

"Point taken." She paused. "When do you need them?"

"If we come home tomorrow night--" CC groaned behind me. I made a face at him and he made a mocking one back. I giggled. "Would you be able to do it before he left again?"

There was silence.

"I--I have a few portfolio things for a few people I need to do…" She seemed to think. "Yeah, I think I can probably get you guys in." She agreed. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you. I'm so sorry it's late--"

"Yeah, yeah." She laughed. "I'll try to make it work, I can't guarantee a full shoot or anything, but I can fit in something."

"Thanks." I said again.

"Welcome!"

We said our good-byes and hung up.

Thank you, big brother, I have never been so thankful for who you've married before now. No offense to her, she's one of my only friends, I love her to death anyways.

Just, I mean…my brother…yeah.

I shook my head to clear my mind and looked up at CC.

"We catch a flight tomorrow afternoon." I told him, "We should head to the hotel…book something."

He groaned.

"All I wanted, was a calm afternoon," He complained jokingly as we entered the hotel after calling a cab to come get us. "Maybe some sex, you know? Something nice. And I have to book a flight back to LA to do a damn couple shoot with you." He stuck his tongue out teasingly and I shook my head, amused.

"We need it." I whined. He sighed.

It wasn't terribly long before we were on our way back to the hotel in a cab.

***

"Done! Done! Done!" I cheered as I finished packing my bags.

"I've never seen anyone so happy to pack before…"

He leant over to press his forehead to mine. I smiled softly as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"We're done. It's all planned. We're finished ." I whispered. "You get to go on tour, I get to finish my ballet and then tour with Lindsey."

He chuckled and brushed his lips against mine before pulling back a little.

"Don't you ever get…lonely?" He asked. "Home all of the time? Sammi and Lindsey both travel a ton. You're the only one…home."

"No." I shrugged, "I have my work." I looked back into his eyes and he nodded.

"Well, you've planned most of this alone." He pointed out. "So you had even more work."

"I…Lindsey's been out here twice, to figure out about decorations." I pointed out.

"She was touring the East Coast!" Which had always been a dream of hers, she had to work up enough money for it.

"And she stopped here to help plan things because you and I couldn't get out here." I stuck my tongue out. "What have your boys done?"

"Wedding planning is woman's work!" CC announced before running from me as I'd picked up a pillow and whacked him over the head for his comment.

We both burst out laughing.

"Sammi's taking some of her time to take pictures of us before she leaves and before you go back." I stated as well. "Lindsey puts her number down for half of the things they need a number for. I think they're doing more than I am. I came out here to eat cake with you!" I teased. He chuckled.

"Have we evened out the numbers yet?" He asked after a moment. I sighed and laid down on the bed.

"No." I bit my lip. "I only have two."

"It's not like I've asked anyone, so we can cut whomever we like from it." He said easily.

"Did you want to do two best men?" I asked. He'd been struggling to chose between one of his best friends when he wasn't on tour and one of the guys.

"If I did two, you could do two maids of honor, which I know was bugging you." He replied. "It solves that problem."

"Well, yeah…" I bit my lip. "Who was going to be your best man from the band?"

"I thought maybe Jake, but--"

"Then we just put Ashley and Andy together. According to Sammi, the fans think it's true anyways. We could just only release pictures of them." I'd decided I wasn't releasing anything of the wedding, but I'm not missing an opportunity to mess with someone.

"Your brother's right," CC chuckled, "I've rubbed off on you way too much."

I frowned.

"Not in a bad way." He laughed at my expression.

"I could ask Sandra…" I though out loud. I hadn't spoken with her in ages until she jokingly called CC up to ask why she wasn't aware of his engagement, the night after the party. She's been fun to…I guess I silently followed her around. She tried to involve me in the band the time I went to visit. She was nice.

"I suppose, I mean we've hung out a lot…" He shrugged.

"I have no friends." I sighed.

"You have great friends!" He argued.

"They're both, well all if you count the fact Sandra invites me when she hangs out with you, in music! You have friends outside of it! You have millions of friends!"

"But you're my best friend." He chuckled, laying down and kissing my temple.

"And you're mine." I agreed.

"As it should be."

We laid for for a little while.

"We need to catch a plane."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, VOTING IS STILL OPEN.

I only got two votes. Essentially, that's why I waited so long to update. I was hoping to get more so I could just say she got the dress and then she can pick the bridesmaid's dresses and such.

And, I really am not looking forward to this. I'm like planning a wedding minus the budget and actually having to call people. This shit is stressful. I'm like panicking as to how to balance the bridesmaids and the groomsmen...it's a fucking fictional wedding and I'm worried about this shit. It's ridiculous!

Oh, speaking of marriage and people who never will marry (i.e. me) and have tons of cats instead, I'm sorry for typos, my cat is sitting on my head.

ANYWHOO!

Thank you starbabyekj and PoIsOnIvY0212 for voting!

PoIsOnIvY0212, also thank you for your lovely compliment. It brightened my day!

Thank you all for the three shares this story has! :)

That is all, please comment!

TO SEE THE DRESSES, GO TO THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!

Love ya'll!