Status: Working on sequal

Changing the Girl

Finally

“Hey…” Damien whispered as he walked onto my bus. I was the only one there, and I was lying down on the couch. My boys had gone out to party with the other bands, but I just needed to lie down. Fucking cramps.

“Hi.” I said, uncomfortably. I shifted, trying to find something less painful.

“How are you Rebs?” Damien asked in the same soft voice. He sat next to me, and softly moved some hair from my face.

“In pain.” I groaned.

“Oh, poor Rebsie!” He cooed, causing a smile to go to my face. “I brought Tylenol, girl stuff, ice cream, war movies, mocha coolattas, and ten cans of whipped cream!” He tried to make me feel better. It worked!

“Awww! That’s so sweet!” I said, pushing myself up. I looked at the bag. I seriously thought he was joking about the girl stuff…but he wasn’t. “Damien…you actually went to the store and got these?”

“Yeah…I knew the others wouldn’t want to and I didn’t want you to have to go…so I got them for you.” He said, blushing a little.

I kissed his cheek, bringing more redness to his face. Damien cleared his throat lightly, and gave me a mocha. Then he placed two Tylenol in my hand. I took them and leaned against Damien, breathing his comforting scent in. Damien was my best friend. Just as much as Max was.

“Thank you.” I said. We sat in silence, until they kicked in. The thing about taking two Tylenol: my body numbs all over. Or, most pain. Unless it’s this horrific pain, then it still hurts. But the pills worked for this. “Ice cream?” I asked.

Damien put a tub in between us, pulling a few cans of whipped cream up as well. He popped the top to the cookie dough ice cream, and emptied half a can of whipped cream on top. Damien gave me a spoon, plastic of coarse (metal is gross!), and put one on the seat next to him. The young rocker got up and put “We Were Soldiers” into to DVD player. Then pressed play and sat next to me. War movies were my favorite.

The movie started, and we scooped whipped cream into our awaiting mouths. A few minutes into the movie, I looked to Damien. He quickly flashed his eyes to the screen. Obviously, he had been staring at me. How cute! He also had whipped cream on his lips.

I leaned up, and poked his face. “Yeah…?” Damien asked, looking at me concerned.

“You’ve got whipped cream on your lips.” I said looking at his with a lopsided smile. Damien quickly licked the cream off his lips, and gave me a small smile. Then a look crossed across his face. He reached behind him, and shut the TV off with the remote. I swallowed. He put the ice cream box on the ground, all the while looking into my eyes.

Damien shifted, and I turned to face him also. He placed his hand on my left cheek, and I curled my fingers around that wrist. He tentatively leaned in, and pressed his lips to mine. It felt nothing like Lysander’s kiss, but it was nice. Comfortable.

Damien pressed himself slightly closer, and moved his lips. I synchronized mine to his, and he made a soft sighing sound. Lysander said to be happy, and if I could: to find love. He just wanted me to be happy. Just then, Damien softly pulled away. “I’m sorry…” He whispered.

“Why?” I said just as quiet.

“I know you were in love with him,” At that time I still was, “And I don’t know if it’s too soon…”

“It’s okay.” I told him. He leaned forward and kissed me again. I kissed him back, and tried to feel. I liked him. I knew that much. He was good to me, and the guys liked him. I decided to be with him. Maybe get on with life; no matter how much I didn’t want to. Damien pulled away and smiled, I grinned back.

“Izzy Jay, will you be my girlfriend?” He asked with a goofy smile.

“Only if you ask the real me.” I said nervously.

“What do you mean?” Damien asked, worriedly. I took a small breath.

“You know what I mean.”

“Elizabeth Rosaline Gaskarth, will you be my girlfriend?” Damien asked with a slight smile. I gave a thinking face, but smiled sweetly.

“Yes Damien.” And he kissed me passionately.

You might be wondering about his girlfriend Veronica? Yes? No? Well, Damien broke up with her back in Nebraska a week before this. They got into a fight over the phone, and he ended in. I was happy for him; she sucked.

We spent the next ten minutes making out, talking, and somehow laying so Damien was on top of me. I was giggling at something cute he said (Damien was a total closeted romantic) when we heard laughter. Right. Outside. The. Door. Fuck!

I shoved him off, and Damien landed in the ice cream. The door opened, and the boys stumbled in laughing. Then they saw us, shell-shocked-deer-in-head-lights-crazy-eyed-guilty-sittin-on-a-couch-and-in-a-bucket-of-ice-cream, and Max pointed. “What you do?” He asked goofily.

“We were making out on the couch.” I answered bluntly.

“Psh yeah right!” Seth waved it off. The guys laughed.

“Good one Izz.” Commented Jeremy, and they all went into the back room.

“Hey, clean up the mess!” Called Zeke.

Damien and I looked to one another, and grinned. “I think I love you.” Said Damien, with a huge smile.

“I love you too!” I said, and jumped on top of him. He squeaked, and I kissed him. Laughing, I detached our lips and stood. “See you later, Love.” I said with a wink. I walked to the bunk room, and as Max and I passed each other, I distinctly heard Damien say one thing. One thing, that made my statement partially true. I might not have loved him as much as Lysander, but I loved him close.

“Finally.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's realitively short, 1,005 words.

Last chapter about Max and her kissing was taken from something Pete Wentz said.

Another update! Yahooooo!

Twitter me! izzyjay5 Izzy Jay

Love ya!