Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Twenty-One

“Ten days till the schools dance performance. Seventeen days till the competition Mr. and-”

“Ugh! Would you stop! You’ll do fine!” Candice exclaimed as she got her bag from her closet.

“Did I say that out loud again?” I sighed biting my lip a bit.

“Yep!” She laughed a bit and tangled her arm with mine and we headed down to our first hour warm up class. I apparently even kept track of how many days I had out loud. Great.

We walked into the studio and began to warm up beside Chace.

“I’m taking it I am definitely not going to be your dance partner anymore huh?” Chace said with a weak smile. I gave a small sigh and nodded.

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. It’s okay. You’re looking better and better every day.” He said with a big smile. I was? “Oh and don’t give me that confused look. Damon seems to bring something out of you that I never could.” He chuckled giving my shoulder a small bump. I laughed quietly and looked down at my legs out in front of me and blushed.

“Mind if I join you?”

The three of us stopped and looked up to the voice. Damon.

“Speaking of the devil! Of course you can sit!” Candice replied with a smile and scooted over toward Chace, leaving the space beside me open.

“So…you guys were talking about me. Hope it wasn’t all bad.” He chuckled with a small smirk and just sat there not stretching. He glanced at me as I quickly looked away focusing on my stretches.

“Yep!” Candice spoke with a smirk. “We were wondering where you were planning on taking Desera tonight.”

“Candice!” I yelled shooting her a look that could kill.

“What! It’s an innocent question!” She laughed rolling her eyes and looked back at Damon.

“Actually, I was wondering if you were free tonight Desera…” He turned to face me and I sat there a bit surprised. Three nights in a row?

“Yeah she is!” Candice answered for me.

“He was asking Desera, with a D. Not a Candice with a C.” Chace laughed shaking his head.

“So glad you’ve finally caught up with your ABC’s!” She smirked giving Chace a playful punch.

I focused my attention back to Damon and found him still waiting for my answer. How could I say no to those gorgeous black eyes of his? That’s right, I couldn’t.

“Yes. I’m, free.” I said with a weak smile.

“That’s good to hear.” He said with a smile of his own.

The instructor came in and clapped her hands; that was our key to get in our lines and begin.

So we did as we were told.
~~

By the time we started our after school dance practices for the competition, I was exhausted. The happy couple had killed us today with perfecting everything in the choreography. It appears that we weren’t all on the right counts after practicing the dance for more than two weeks. Go figure.

I walked into the studio after going to the bathroom to put my hair in a better bun and put my things down.

“Where’s Mrs. Stevenler?” I asked Damon and Mr. Stevenler.

“Right here!” She said coming in from the back entrance holding a bag. “Time to change out of those work out cloths and into something a little more loose!” She gave me the bag and I stood there confused.

“Uh…why may I ask?”

“It’s time to shake that booty!” She giggled clapping her hands and wrapped her arms around her husband.

Oh boy. Now I was DEFENITLY afraid to see what was in this bag.

“What about Damon.” I said frowning a bit.

“He’s fine the way he is.” Mr. Stevenler said with a small chuckle as he saw my pout. No fair, I thought and went to the bathroom to change.

It wasn’t too bad. It was a loose skirt that was a bit too small and moved at every movement I made with my hips. The shirt I put on showed a bit of my stomach. I rubbed my temples and wondered what in the hell we were going to do. I took a deep breath and made my way back to the studio.

Damon was the first to look at me and he blinked a couple times. I bit my tongue and contained my blush back.

“Great, you’re here!” Mr. Stevenler said, realizing I was back in the room. “So, as we all know, we have to do a Latin piece. And this time around, we are doing Bachata!” He smiled. Looks like someone enjoyed this dance a lot.

I had seen this type of dance many times and it looked simple. Of course, I tried to stay away from trying it since it involved heavy hip moving and as we all know, I am stiff at the hips.

“Now, these are the steps.”
~~

An hour or two later, we took a mini break and came back to the dance floor.

“Alright, now together.” Mrs. Stevenler smiled and gestured us to partner up.

I met Damon’s dark eyes and gently took his hand. He placed a soft yet muscular arm around my waist and held me.

“Nope. That’s not going to do. Closer guys. Come on.” Mr. Stevenler instructed.

I stiffened a bit and felt Damon pull me a bit closer till my head rested right around his neck.

“Relax Desera.” He whispered against my ear. I closed my eyes a bit and slowly felt my body relax again his. Being this close to him made me realize how well our bodies fit with each other. How well our lines looked. And how well we were proportioned.

“Much better.” Mr. Stevenler said and pushed play. The song Te Extrano by Extreme came on and I looked up at Damon. He tiled his head down and gave me a sweet smile.

“Ready?” He asked. I couldn’t help but smile and nodded my reply.
~~

“Go with red! It’s sexy!”

I rolled my eyes and chuckled a bit.

“Ugh, you’re no fun!” Candice replied as I picked up the purple shirt.

I decided on a cute purple spaghetti strap shirt and a loose black skirt. Damon did say casual. This was casual enough right? I decided on no makeup and left my hair down.

There was a soft knock on the door.

“No later than two in the morning missy.”

“Yes mom!” I laughed shaking my head at Candice and walked out of the room.
Damon looked handsome as always and greeted me with a smile.

“Are you going to tell me where we are going this time?”

“Uh…no?” He laughed with a smirk and I gave a small eye roll as I followed him to the car.

Once more, I was clueless to our destination.
~~

We walked into a Hispanic restaurant and found a table. This place had a dance floor like the restaurant Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler had taken us to. Or maybe I should say, the place Damon had arranged for us to go to. I took in what was around me and smiled. The place was wonderful! It was filled with light and excitement! Laughter and joy!

Damon chuckled from across me and I looked at him.

“Yes?”

“Nothing. It’s just that if I would have known that you would enjoy this place so much, I would have taken you here first.” He said with a smile. I gave a small blush and shrugged.

“I’m just glad you brought me here period.”

He nodded and told me what the place’s specialties-which were a lot! After what seemed like forever, we ordered and watched the people who were dancing on the dance floor.

Just then, Te Extrano, came out the speakers.

Damon and I looked at each other at the same time and a smile crossed his face. He stood up and walked to my side holding out a hand.

“May I?” He asked like a pure gentleman. I bit my lip a bit and placed my hand in his, following him to the floor.

He placed a hand around my waist and drew me close. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out. Lifting my eyes to meet his, I relaxed my eyes against his body. Feeling his chest rise and fall along with mine, we began to dance.

When the song neared the end, Damon dipped me and my hair fell back as I chuckled softly with a smile. Damon laughed a bit and smirked as he brought me back up making our foreheads touch. I searched his eyes and realized we had stopped dancing as he stroked my cheek and let a long breath out. I closed my eyes and reopened them when he whispered in my ear,

“Miss you.”

Holding back my pout as he pulled away, I asked, “What do you mean?”

“That’s the title of the song.” He said with a soft smile and held my hand. We stood there just looking into each other’s eye and I began to wonder.

What did Damon have in mind for the Tango tomorrow?
♠ ♠ ♠
SOOOO SORRRY GUYS! Extreamly sorry I havnt updated!!! Busy reading my books(The Luxen series is SOOOOOOOO addicting!) Anywhooo, juicy stuff comming up next chapter! Cant wait! Hahah! Stay tune!

This is how I imagine Damon and Desera dancing


[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch=2cehkSxOLNA[/youtube]

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!