Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Into the West

The Fellowship Broken

What felt like hours pasted, Eadlyn cursed under her breath as she wandered around in circles in the woods. “Frodo!” she called out, out of breath as she looked around. Closing her eyes she felt a surge from the shadow realm. Her eyes flew open “I see you” She muttered heading for the source. “Frodo?” Aragorn asked seeing the hobbit on the ground, a ruin in the forest. Frodo got up alarmed “it has taken Boromir!” He called his eyes dancing. Aragorn’s heart race “where is the ring?” he asked slowly his eyes on an intense gaze on the hobbit. Frodo backed away in fear, had it taken Aragorn too? “Stay away!” he called running away from him. Aragorn looked taken back and slightly hurt “Frodo!” he called getting him to stop running. Frodo turned to face the ranger, who held out his arms wide and stood at a distance. “I swore to protect you” He stated, Frodo looked the ranger up and down, wary. "Can you protect me from yourself?!" He asked quickly, he then looked down at the ring.

He held out his hand to Aragorn, the golden weapon shinning in the center of his palm "Would you destroy it?" he asked slowly. Aragorn eyes became fixed on the ring as it called out to him softly. He walked to Frodo and kneeled, taking his hand her closed the ring into Frodo’s fist. "I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor." Aragorn said visibly upset, Half elven or not…he was still only human. He knew in his heart, He would not fight the ring, just as Boromir could not fight the ring. "I know. Look after the others, especially Sam. He will not understand." Frodo said, knowing what he now must do. Aragorn nodded in his eyes he was visibly upset. Both males looked up as a thundering noise came from the distance. Frodo pulled out sting which was glowing a brilliant blue. "Go, Frodo. Run. Run!" Aragorn called rising to his feet preparing for battle as a hoard of strange orcs charged out of the woods. Frodo looked up taken abck my the size and numbers of these orcs. He became hesitant of leaving Aragorn Behind. “Go!” Eadlyn called to Frodo as she came forth from the woods sidelong of them. Frodo looked at her and nodded before fleeing into the forest behind them.

Eadlyn swung her axe around in a circle as she walked to Aragorn side. He touched his Sword to his forehead the two had their eyes locked on the large army. Aragorn took the first swing cutting down one of the large creatures, then Eadlyn followed. “what are they!” she asked him Aragorn shook his head and continued to fight. However slowly but surely the two rangers where being pushed back up the hill to the ruins. "Find the Halflings! Rahggar! Find the Halflings!" the leader called out. Eadlyn's eyes grew wide, she glanced behind her in the direction Frodo had gone, only to see two familiar faces headed her way. "Elendil!" Aragorn called out, Legolas and Gimli came forth from the ruins, Legolas fired two arrows into the troop of strange orcs. Gimli swung his axe into the gut of an enemy. “Go!” Legolas called to the rangers, Aragorn nodded and took off in the direction Frodo went, Eadlyn followed but stop “what about you?” She asked, if the strange orcs could push she and Aragorn back what made him think He and Gimli would fare well. “go!” Legolas called again, Eadlyn frowned but did as she was told.

Eadlyn ran after Aragorn but soon both rangers where surrounded by the strange orcs. They stood back to back. As the orcs rushed them, they fought relentlessly and each swing of the sword became harder as they where tiring. “These creatures are tireless” Eadlyn gasped, as one sneered at her, she lowered her axe, and spin kicked the creature away from her. She then brought her axe up in a upper cut like movement and sliced clean through the strange orc’s face. Bone teeth and flesh flew forth from the wound as it fell dead. Through the forest came Legolas and Gimli fighting off the orcs as they went. “Eadlyn you go on ahead” Aragorn called to her, she stopped and looked at him “you’re faster go!” He called as he did so the horn of Gondor sounded off. Eadlyn looked in its direction "Boromir!" Aragorn gasped “go!” he added, Eadlyn nodded and went to the sound of the horn.

Eadlyn came to a halt breathing heavily looked over to see Boromir fall to his knee’s three arrows jutting out of his upper body, her jaw fell and as she went to run to him, the cried of Merry and Pippin stopped her. Whirling around she saw the strange orcs gathering them up and running off. “No!” she called looking between them and Boromir franticly, to whom was she to aid. She saw the Leader of the orcs raise his crossbow to Boromir ‘s heart. Eadlyn went to run to him, when Aragorn leapt through the trees pushing the Leader back. “go..now!” Aragorn called tilting his head in the direction of the Orc whom had taken Merry and Pippin.

Eadlyn didn’t waste not one second. She ran through the forest at her full speed, and dark blur in a world of green. As she came upon the Orcs she brought her axe down hard into its back. “let them go!” she growled. The Orcs halted and surrounded her. “Eadlyn!” Merry called “help!” Pippin cried, Eadlyn swung her axe around and let out a loud Screech it traveled across the forest and caused a few of the orcs to back up. Her enemies attacked her from all sides, a larger one knocked her axe from her hands and swung it’s arm flinging Eadlyn into a tree. The wind was knocked out of her body as he back cracked against the large tree trunk, she slid to the ground blood leaking from her lips, she leered up at the Orc darkly and went to stand. Pulling out her sword she shoved it into its shoulder. However it just smirked and forced the sword in deeper. Eadlyn looked at it franticly trying to pull her sword free. As she focused on the Orc another came behind her, it struck her over the head with its fist using brute force. Her world went black, and her ears filled with the cries of the hobbits.

Aragorn finished off Lurtz,the leader of the strange orcs, he took a minute to catch his breath before running to Boromir’s side. Legolas and Gimli took care of the last bit of Orcs that still lingered. "No!" Aragorn called dropping to his knees. Boromir lay on the ground a wounded and bloody mess, pale as white slate, arrows protruding from his body. He used what was left of his strength to grab Aragorn’s shoulder. "Be still." Aragorn instructed Boromir opened his mouth to speak but only air came out, he took in a sharp breath and tried again painfully "Frodo! Where is Frodo?" He asked Aragorn shook his head and looked down at him “I let him go” Aragorn said. Boromir smiled bitterly and slightly relieved “then you did what I could not” He said swallowing down hard, as another surge of pain rushed through his broken body. "I tried to take the Ring from him." He confessed with some shame, "The Ring is beyond our reach now." Aragorn reassured him, Boromir shook his head "Forgive me. I did not see it. I have failed you all." Boromir choked.

Aragorn shook his head, in his eyes read disbelief, the fellowship was falling to thread before his very eyes. "No, Boromir, you fought bravely! You have kept your honor." Aragorn managed to find a few more words, He looked down at the arrows and grasped one gently preparing to pull it free. Boromir swatted his hand away “leave it!” he called he knew it was pointless, he couldn’t be helped. “It is over. The world of men will fall, and all will come to darkness… and my city to ruin." Boromir coughed. "I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall… nor our people fail!" Aragorn said determination finding its way back into his spirits, “our people” rang in his mind, and a vision of Eadlyn came to him she turned back at him with a cold blank gaze. Boromir smiled “our people” he said in a daze, he was fading now. “our people” he said again reaching for his sword.

Every movement he made looked pain filled, Aragorn stopped him and grabbed his sword placing it on his chest for him inclosing Boromir’s hand around the hilt. "I would have followed you my Brother… my Captain… my King” Boromir uttered, his voice faded away and all light left his eyes. Aragorn kneeled down over him and kissed his forehead, as the Gondorian took his final breath. "Be at peace, son of Gondor." Aragorn said touching his head and lips with his hand a gesture of respect given to the fallen soldiers of Gondor. Aragorn rose to his feet as Legolas and Gimli approached having finished the battle. Legolas watched the two in dismay sorrow creeping onto his face, when the realization hit. Bowing his head Gimli turned away and closed his eyes sighing in defeat. "They will look for his coming from the White Tower. But he will not return." Aragorn said softly, they stood in a moment of silence, Legolas looked around franticly the movents of his feet in the leaves brought Aragorn back into the moment and looked back at Legolas who looked up at him his eyes dancing. Aragorn turned and looked int the direction Merry and Pippin where taken. “Eadlyn!” Legolas called running past Aragorn. The ranger quickly grabbed his arm “Wait!” He called pulling the panicked elf back.

“Frodo!” Sam called as he ran through the forest, he had looked everywhere and all that was left was the shore line. Frodo stood near the boat, gazing blankly into the water. Tears slowly falling from his crystal blue eyes as he held the ring in his palm. Memories flooding through his mind, of their journey thus far, of the shire, of Eadlyn…Gandalf, and now the task that lay before him. "I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened." His words echoed in his heart, he was only a hobbit…he was only one, he did not ask for any of this. Through his sorrow a warm feelings crept into the hobbits heart So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." Gandalf words resounded in his mind; Frodo slowly closed his fingers around the ring, determination coming to his face. “I know where you are Frodo….I know…I’ve been there….” Eadlyn’s voice called to him the tears stopped falling as he could hear her words like it was only yesterday, and he felt her there with him “ I see you Frodo…Even in the Shadows, I see you” her words echoed softly. Frodo put the ring around his neck and pushed the boat into the water before getting in. As he did so Sam came running out of the forest “Mister Frodo!” He called running to the shore line, however Frodo paddled the boat farther out, determined not to look back. "No, Sam” Frodo said quietly as his friend called for him.

Seeing that Frodo had not intentions of stopping same rushed into the cold waters of the Anduin. Frodo’s heart dropped as he heard the splashing, he turned to look back. "Go back, Sam! I'm going to Mordor alone." He called out, Sam’s eyes focused on the water as he waded even further in "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!" Sam called in up to his chest now, Frodo’s eyes sparkled with fear as she turned all the way around in the boat. "You can't swim! Sam!" Frodo called, watching the hobbit try and move through the water. "Sam!" Frodo cried out as The hobbit sank below the surface. Frodo paddled back as fast as he could, leaning over the boat he reached into the water grasping Sam’s wrist. Sam grabbed onto Frodo’s hand and was pulled out of the water onto the boat. He gasped for air "I made a promise, Mister Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee.' And I don't mean to! I don't mean to." Sam said near tears. Frodo got quiet and smiled at Sam gratefully, he understood now "Oh, Sam!" he called hugging him, he pulled away and smile “come on” he said as both hobbits picked up a paddle and pushed the boat through the water to the opposite shore.

Aragorn looked on as the boat they had laid Boromir to rest in headed towards the waterfall. Legolas ran to the boat that was remaining and shoved it into the water “Hurry! Frodo and Sam have reached the eastern shore." He called, he didn’t want to leave Eadlyn behind, but he knew that on her mind, even in capture of death was the well being of Frodo and his mission, ad he would see her goal through to whatever end. Gimli went to go to Legolas but Aragorn stayed put, he slid on Boromir’s bracers ad looked up with a stern face. "You mean not to follow them?" Legolas said confused turning to face the ranger. "Frodo's fate is no longer in our hands." Aragorn sighed looking up at the hobbits boat that rested on the shore in the distance. "Then it has all been in vain! The Fellowship has failed." Gimli said feeling routed Aragorn looked at him "Not if we hold true to each other." He said placing his hands on both the elf and the dwarf’s shoulders. “We will not abandon Merry, Pippin, and Eadlyn to torment and death.” He said looking Legolas firmly in the eyes, the Elf Prince nodded sharply “Not while we have strength left." He added. Gimli grabbed Aragorn arm and nodded Legolas searched Aragorn eyes, did he really feel that those strange orcs kept them alive..this new breeds, these Uruk Hai . "Leave all that can be spared behind. We travel light.” Aragorn said walking a few paces away from the two. He smiled mischievously “ Let us hunt some Orc!" He called before running into the forest. “yes!” Gimli roared running after him a grin on his face, Legolas watched him amused with a small smile on his face. “hold strong” Legolas muttered in prayer for Eadlyn and the Hobbits before taking off after his friends.

“I hope the others find a safer route….” Frodo muttered as he and Sam stood upon a hill, looking out upon the desolate lands of Mordor, the sky was dark there and a haze of end loomed over the landscape. "Strider will look after them." Sam said, Frodo nodded a bit "I don't suppose we'll ever see them again." Frodo said his voice faltering a bit, as he pictured her white hot eyes, a vision of Eadlyn as she turned back to smile down at him. A smirk held on her lips, she had been the object of his affection for two years now going on three. Sam watched his friend, and sighed resting his hand on his shoulder knowingly, not a day went by that he himself didn’t think about Rosie, back in the shire, but he still had a hope he would see her again. "We may yet, Mister Frodo. We may." He said, Frodo looked back at him and smiled through watery eyes. "Sam, I'm glad you're with me." Frodo said before heading down the hill. Sam watched after him and took one last look behind them at the green forest they were leaving behind. He turned back ahead of him and adjusted his pack before following Frodo down the hill. Into Mordor…that was their road.