Status: Finished! :D

Maybe I Wasn't Enough

Graduation

MIWGE (2)

"Hey you! Buttface! Get up! You've gotta leave for the ceremony in an hour." Sam said, jerking the blankets off of my bed.
I groaned, and turned over. "Five more minutes." I complained.
He snorted. "Yeah. Okay. And then when you're late, you'll be angry at me for letting you sleep five minutes longer."
I sighed, and rolled off the bed. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table, and read the new text message from Tony. I blushed a little, as his reply was "Night, beautiful."
"Let me see! Let me see!" Sam said, jerking my phone out of my hands. I attempted to get it back, but ended in a failure.
He finally handed it back to me; a cheeky smile spread across his face.
"What's that about?" I asked.
Sam poked me in the ribs. "He likes you! He likes you!" He sang.
I shook my head. "He does not! Besides, I'm with Mike. And you know how I feel about disloyalty."

I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and blow dried my hair before getting dressed. Sam had already picked out my clothes, which resulted in a pair of white skinny jeans, a sky blue tank top, with a black, lacey tank over it, and sky blue Toms. I straightened my hair, and did my makeup a little bit heavier, but still kept it simple.

"Ready?" Sam asked, poking his head through my bedroom door.
I sighed. "Do I look okay?"
He smiled. "Fabulous!" He answered.
I giggled, and grabbed my phone before walking downstairs behind him.

My stomach lurched as we began driving to the school. I was graduating. Something my father had told me I wasn't going to do. I was courageous and confident, but scared and nervous at the same time. Sam seemed to notice this.
"You'll be fine." He said, patting my thigh from across the center console in the cherry red Ferrari he had gotten for his eighteenth birthday.
I sighed. "I'm just glad I don't have to give a speech." I stated.
I never was one for big crowds. I was constantly scared that I was going to mess up, and make a fool of myself.
"Stop worrying!" Sam demanded, as we pulled into the school parking lot. My insides clenched like a fist.
I apprehensively got out of the car, and looked around at the hundreds of people. I flinched as I was being picked up from behind.
"Izzaaayy!!" Jaime screamed.
I laughed. "Himaayy!" I screamed back.
He put me back down. He was wearing a black tux. The coat unbuttoned. And I must say, he cleaned up nicely.
"Nervous?" He asked, as Sam caught up with us, and we walked towards the school.
"She's pale as hell." Sam said, pity in his eyes.
I clutched at my stomach. "Do not pity the dead, Samuel. Pity the living."
Sam and I chuckled.
Jaime looked at us. "Another Harry Potter reference?" He asked.
Sam and I nodded, as we walked into the school. As we entered the auditorium, Mike and Vic greeted us.
Mike and I shared a kiss, and Vic and I exchanged hugs.
"You look great." Vic said, smiling. I thanked him. "It's all this bitch's idea." I said, pointing to Sam.
Vic chuckled.
"Where's Tony?" I asked.
"He couldn't make it. Selena had a bitch fit." Mike rolled his eyes.
I sighed, and a girl from my second hour, grabbed my elbow.
"Izzy, it's time to go backstage." She said.
I hugged the four of them, and followed her. She handed me my cap and gown on the way there, and ordered me to put it on before we got backstage.
She had long blonde hair, and was quite skinny. I envied her for being so tall.
I waited for the announcer to call off my name.
Salvatore...Samuels...
"Isobella Santos!"
I walked onstage, and took my diploma. I hugged the teacher, and walked to the next spot on the risers, next to my classmates.
I let out a long breath. I had done it. I made it across the stage without falling. More importantly; I graduated. Something I never thought I could do.

I scanned the crowd. I soon came across a tall, spiky haired, boy I quickly recognized as Jaime. He gave me a thumbs up, and I giggled softly.

Next, I saw Vic, the shorter of them. He smiled warmly at me, and happily returned the favor.

The announcer said another name, and a beautiful, tall, skinny, black haired girl, with bright blue eyes, and heavy eyeliner walked out, and stood next to me.

My eyes found Vic's again, and he jerked his head towards the auditorium door. My eyes gradually moved there, questioningly.

There he was; as perfect as ever. Tony Perry. Our eyes met, and he smiled sweetly. I did the same, and looked to the ground, blushing and biting my lip.

After that, everything seemed to move so quickly. In what felt like 10 seconds, we were ordered to throw our caps in the air, and offered a lunch outside in the court yard.

I walked off the stage, oblivious to the steps, and jumped from the edge (No, I wasn't the only one). I jerked off my gown, and draped it over my arm.
I ran over to Tony, and threw my arms around his neck.
He picked me up from the ground, and spun in a complete circle.
"I thought you wouldn't be able to come?" I asked, curious.
"Well, put it this way: Selena won't be a problem any more." He said.
"Wait, you broke up with her?" I asked. "It wasn't because of this, was it?" I began to panic.
"No! It was just...her. She was taking advantage of me. Don't you think this is your fault, mkay?" He pointed a finger at me.
I smiled, and nodded.
"Anyways; congratulations!" He hugged me again.
I tried to hide the red that tinged my face, by touching my cheeks with my cold hands.
He pulled them away from my face. "Don't hide you're blush. It's cute." He said, smiling.
I blushed even more. He was so perfect...
♠ ♠ ♠
So? What'd you think? COMMENT!
Do me a really big favor and recommend? It really does mean a lot. I promise, you won't regret it. I've got the story all planned out; it's just getting started! (:
Stay Beautiful xxx