Sequel: If I Let This Go

Situations Are Irrelevant Now

The Joker

Wow, when people are drunk…they really come up with some crazy stuff. I backed away from him a little, shaking my head and laughing. “That’s a good one, Ronnie. I must admit I haven’t heard that used as an excuse before.”

He gave me a weird look and then said, “What the hell are you talking about, Megan. I’m being serious. Her family is worth millions, and I happen to know that her dad would totally cave in. Could you imagine how much better our lives and the band would be if we had millions?!”

“Yeah, ok that would be really nice. But get real, Ronnie. You’re just a normal guy, not some FBI agent with flashy moves. How do you possibly plan on getting away with that?” I asked, still playing along with him, trying not to start laughing. Oh, just wait till the guys hear this one…it’ll be hilarious.

“I’ve been thinking about this for a while now, so I’m almost positive it’ll be fine. You just wait and see…and when it does happen you’ll be all over me.” I rolled my eyes at that and laughed, walking toward the door.

As soon as my fingers wrapped around the doorknob, he said, “I’m not joking, Megan.” His voice was so serious, that I just had to turn around and look at him. His eyes were so dark…and I’ve never seen his facial expression so dull. Is he for real about this?

I sighed, “Look, Ronnie, this was funny the first time, but it’s not anymore. Just because you have a ‘plan’ doesn’t mean that it’s going to work. Ransoms almost always never work, and if they do then they end in fatality. So do me a favor and cut out the sick jokes, ok? Enjoy your time with your girlfriend and stop plotting against her.”

“Don’t tell anyone about the plan just yet. Oh and, you’ll believe me soon enough…” he muttered. I couldn’t take this stupidity anymore, so I just walked out the door. He has to be kidding…right?

Ronnie stayed in his room the rest of the day, probably passed out. I opened the fridge to see that half of a box of 20 beers was gone. Why was he drinking so much all of the sudden? I sighed dramatically as I fell back onto the couch, expecting to feel the nice, cold leather…but instead felt something hard and warm. Whatever it was, it groaned from beneath me and started moving around. Max poked his head out from underneath a black blanket and nearly scared the shit out of me.

“What the hell are you doing under there?!” I laughed.

He said, “I think the better question is…why the hell are you sitting on me?!”

“Hmm, maybe because you just blend in with the couch so well, Maxi.”

He gasped, “I so do not! YOU LIE!”

Now it was my turn to gasp, as I subtly picked up a pillow nearby and hid it behind my back, and replied, “Did you just call me a liar?”

And then without giving him time to answer I pulled out the pillow, only to see that he had one in his hand as well. “You copy cat!” I shouted, slamming my pillow down on him, accidentally leaving my face wide open.

“Feel my pillow fury you liar!” he shouted back, slamming his pillow right in my face, knocking me right off the damn couch.

“Ouch!” I said, after landing on my back. Well…ok it didn’t hurt that bad, but I still knew how to trick Max.

He leaned down looking all concerned and said, “Megan are you ok?!”

And just when he got close enough, I whacked him right across his face sending him flying down on the ground, practically on top of me. We just started cracking up laughing as we chased each other around the living room, ducking behind furniture and carrying around 4 pillows each at a time for ammo. “You know I never lose a pillow fight,” he proudly declared.

“Well there’s a first time for everything!” I said confidently…even though I knew that ever since we were 6 I have lost every single pillow fight with Max.

I glanced down to see that I only had one pillow left, so I was going to have to make it my best one. As if on perfect timing, Ronnie waltzed into the room, stumbling a little and said, “Hey Max.”

It distracted Max just long enough for me to throw my last pillow and hit him right in the chest. Max totally ignored Ronnie and stared down at the spot where my pillow just hit him. He looked like he was about to cry or something. “D-did you just hit me?! No…no I can’t lose! No, I didn’t lose because Ronnie is interference!”

I rolled my eyes, “You’re just in denial! I WIN!” I did a victory dance and then laughed at Max some more.

“Uh did I miss something?” Ronnie asked, confused as he stared at Max in the fetal position on the floor, and me running around the room.

“We just had a pillow fight…and pillow fights between Max and I are epic because we’ve been doing them since we were 6. And for the first time ever I finally beat him!”

Ronnie shook his head and said, “Well the reason I came out here was to ask Max for some dinero.”

Max sat up, “You want me to take you to dinner?”

“Um no…I want some money.”

“Well geez why didn’t you just say so? Why did you have to use your fancy secret lingo on me?”

“That was Spanish, dude. And thanks. Ok Megan, let’s go.”

“Wait, what? Where are we going?” I asked.

He rolled his eyes and tugged on my arm toward the door. “We’re going out.”

“I WILL GET MY VENGEANCE!!” Max shouted in the background, making me laugh a little. But more importantly, where is Ronnie taking me?

*Ronnie’s POV*

As soon as Megan left the room, I felt really pissed off. Ok, first of all I didn’t want her to go and second of all she didn’t believe my plan involving the ransom. Well, I’ll show her…when it all happens and once Liza is gone, we’ll be able to go out finally and we’ll be rich and Escape the Fate will become the best band ever. It looks like if I want to spend time with Megan, then I’ll have to go get her myself. But where should I go with her? I don’t have any money…and wouldn’t that be weird anyway?

I’ve spent all this time building up a wall between the two of us that the thought of us going out just seems weird now. Do I tell her that I like her…or do I just keep pretending that it was the alcohol talking? If I want her to help me with this ransom, then I’m going to have to have some leverage…something that will draw her in. If she knows that I like her, then that might help.

Alright, I’ll just snag some money from Max and then take her to get ice cream or something. I know that since she actually likes me a lot, I can use that in my favor. Megan is going to help make me the happiest guy in the world…and she doesn’t even realize it yet.

*Normal POV*

Ronnie pulled up in front of a DQ that was just down the street from our neighborhood. “Well I feel special…I get ice cream and I beat Max at a pillow fight!” I said as I got out of the car and walked straight toward the building with Ronnie right next to me. “So, any reason why you took me here?” I asked, the curiosity was just killing me.

He shrugged, “I was bored and hungry and I didn’t want to be bored and hungry alone so I brought you with me.”

“Well, thanks,” I said, licking the spoon from my blizzard.

“Hey Megan, even if you don’t believe me about what I said regarding the ransom…I want you to know that what I was saying about me and you was true. Once Liza is out of the way, we can be together.”

Hearing him say those words almost seemed too good to be true…I mean I’ve wanted to hear that for so long, that it almost didn’t even seem worth it anymore because it was too late. “Um, well that’s…good to know. It’ll be something to look forward too,” I managed to say. I think I was too confused to really answer differently.

Just as I was about to send some ice cream flying in Ronnie’s direction, a voice that I was really starting to hate rang through my ears. “RONNIE IS THAT YOU?!” she screeched, walking over with her little group.

What the hell is going on here?! Did he just bring me here to humiliate me and make me watch them two suck each other’s faces off? Hell no. I was about to stand up and walk away, when all the sudden she practically jumped on top of him and attached her lips to his…and Ronnie being who he is, kissed her back of course. I felt like I was about to throw up.

I angrily got up out of my chair, grabbed the keys off the table, and drove myself home. I can’t believe that asshole! He probably had all of that planned…although that wouldn’t make much sense. I was so damn confused…first he says that he likes me and wants to be with me and has to get Liza out of the way, and yet he brings me to a DQ where she just so happens to be and then they both act like I’m not there.

I stormed through the empty house and angrily slammed my bedroom door shut. After spending the next half hour being pissed at Ronnie, I suddenly felt a chance of heart. It wasn’t Ronnie’s fault…he really wanted to spend time with me there and then she just shows up. It’s not Ronnie I should be mad at…it’s Liza. That bitch is gonna pay, and I’m going to help Ronnie with his little ransom plan. She’s not going to steal my man. Not again.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooh what's Megan gonna do?? and is Ronnie gonna be able to pull off a real ransom? find out in the next chapter!

comments please