Sequel: If I Let This Go

Situations Are Irrelevant Now

Convincing Eviction

Oddly enough, I fell asleep moments after I “decided” to help Ronnie out with his stupid plan. I must have been really stressed out or something because sleeping suddenly felt so good...well until someone started banging on a damn frying pan, shouting, “TOWN HALL MEETING!” Who the hell is doing that...and why is that what they’re yelling?

At first, I figured that I could just ignore the racket by putting the extra pillow over my ear, but that wasn’t good enough because now Ronnie of all people came into the room, banging his pan. Of course he would be the one doing that. “C’mon Megan, we’re having a meeting!”

I groaned, “Go away, I’m trying to sleep. And why the hell are you talking about a ‘town hall’ meeting?”

He shrugged, “Just trying something new I guess. But seriously, we’re having a band meeting downstairs and it involves you-know-what.” I’m assuming he’s referring to the ransom there.

I really did not want to get up at all, but somehow I pushed myself up and was walking out the door with him. Even though I’ve repeatedly told myself that I was going to help him out...I still felt like I should be hating him for what he did earlier.

*Ronnie’s POV (An Hour Ago)*

I couldn’t believe that of all places in Las Vegas, Liza had to show up at the exact same place as me and Megan. I felt Megan tense up beside me and I could tell she was pissed. Hell, she probably thinks something stupid like that I may have planned this – I swear I didn’t. I brought her here to spend time with her and to get her to agree in helping me out with the ransom. This isn’t going to be good.

It didn’t take Liza long to recognize me. She screamed my name across the entire parking lot and came running toward me, leaping onto my lap and instantly attaching her lips to mine. Needless to say, I couldn’t resist. Liza is hot and willing to please me at the moment, so why not go along with it? Oh and I kind of forgot that Megan was even there after a while. That would explain why I was so confused when I saw that the seat next to mine was empty.

I swear, if Liza just messed up my chances for having Megan join me then I might not be feeling so nice during this ransom. But then again, something crossed my mind. Maybe what Liza just did could work in my favor? I mean, I’m willing to bet that Megan is pretty pissed at me, but she must be ultra pissed at Liza right about now. I smirked to myself, loving how things always end up working in my favor like this. As soon as I get home, I’m going to tell the others about the ransom. The sooner we do this, the sooner we’ll be rich.

*Normal POV*

I followed Ronnie down to the basement where the rest of the guys were waiting. Omar and Bryan were playing a competitive game of Go Fish and Max just woke up on the couch, looking around the room with the most confused expression ever, oh and Robert was playing random songs on his drum set. “Attention everyone, town hall meeting is now in session!” Ronnie shouted, taking a seat down on one of the stacks of amps scattered across the room.

“What’s all of this about?” Max whined, laying down to go back to sleep, “we already know about the record deal.”

“This is about something totally different,” Ronnie said slowly, thinking about each word before he said it. I knew that the sole purpose of this meeting was for him to get the guys on his side. And something tells me it won’t be an easy task.

“What is it, dude?” Robert asked.

Ronnie sighed, “I’m not exactly sure how to say this without you guys freaking out on me…Alright, it’s about–.”

Ding-dong. The door bell continued ringing and I’m guessing the mail is here or something? “Oooh I’ll go get it!” Omar shouted, running up the stairs. Hold on a minute, since when does the mailman ring the door bell just to deliver mail?

I glanced over at Ronnie and nodded, telling him to just get it over with. “Guys, the reason why I’m dating Liza is because…her family is insanely rich and I’m going to use her for a ransom.”

The guys had the same initial reaction as I did – they laughed at him. Ronnie, in the midst of their laughter, was getting pissed and got off the amp to punch his fist into the wall nearby. Needless to say, that shut the guys up. “I’m fucking serious about this guys, and I can’t do it without you. Look, Megan already agreed to help me out now all I need is you and then this can work out. I’ve already made the plans.”

“Ronnie, that’s insane. We all know you can’t pull off a ransom, especially with Liza’s family,” Bryan said.

Max added, “And this will totally mess up our plans for ETF because you’ll probably end up in jail.”

“It’s not going to mess up anything. In fact, it will make everything better.”

“You really are serious about this aren’t you?” Robert asked solemnly.

“Holy shit,” he whispered. And the same time he whispered that, Omar shouted the exact same words overhead. What else could possibly be wrong now?!

*Omar’s POV*

I wonder what was so important at the door that the guy didn’t just leave the damn package on the porch and run away. I guess it really doesn’t matter – I mean at least now I get out of that lame meeting that Ronnie randomly called. I opened the door and the guy handed me a brown box. “I figured I’d just give you the mail now too, since I’m right here,” he shrugged. That would make sense.

I’m guessing this box is probably for Megan or something so I tossed it down on the couch. The first letter on the stack easily caught my attention…probably due to all the URGENT stickers on it. I ripped it open and found something I had seen many times before…an eviction notice. “HOLY SHIT!” I shouted, a little louder than originally intended. This paper said that if we don’t have $10,000 in two days, then we’re gonna be kicked out of the house. I quickly ran back downstairs to tell the guys the news.

I grabbed onto the railing, nearly out of breath and earning strange looks from the guys. It looked like Ronnie must have told them the weirdest thing ever, and hell I bet I look like the weirdest thing ever right about now. “Guys,” I breathed, “we got an eviction notice. If we don’t get 10k by Friday we’re screwed!”

“That doesn’t make any sense,” Megan said calmly. She was the only one who hadn’t freaked out by now. “I mean we all take turns paying the bills right? So who’s turn was it this past month?”

Silence filled the room. Obviously, no one would admit to being the one who is about to get us kicked out of the house. “Really, guys?” Megan sighed, sitting down and trying to remember who’s turn it was.

Suddenly, she turned and glared at Ronnie. “It was your turn, wasn’t it?” Ronnie avoided all eye contact.

“Um, how should I know?”

“Oh hmm maybe because you’ve been out spending all your damn money on Liza?!”

“Wait a minute,” he said as his face brightened up suddenly, “This is perfect.”

“Ronnie…I’m really thinking you’re insane,” Bryan said.

“No, no you guys have to agree to this! The ransom will give us more than enough money for the payback and then we could even buy a bigger house.”

It was quiet for a couple of minutes before Max finally said, “I can’t believe I’m saying this but Ronnie might be right. The ransom is the only logical way for us to get enough money on time.”

The guys reluctantly agreed, and Ronnie assured us, “Trust me guys, this will give us everything we’ve ever wanted. Nothing can possibly go wrong.” Something tells me he might not be so right about that.
♠ ♠ ♠
the next chapter will include the start of the ransom so get excited!!! lol

and OMG 300 READERS! thanx so much guys :)

COMMENTS please!