Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

First Time Meeting a Human?

I sat with only Deklyn next to me, and we quietly talked until a high ranking officer entered the room and everyone stood. He greeted us and told us to sit. "W Unit 13, I can see you have met Dr. Night." The pack nodded unenthusiastically except for Deklyn. "She will be joining your unit until further notice." He looked down at the papers in his hands and then informed us of our mission. "You will be living on the Phoenix ship, Myrra. Dr. Rai, as you may have been informed you will be acting as Unit doctor and Myrra's mechanic. Myrra has three floors to her: The first is the main floor which has the infirmary on it, second floor is the living quarters, and the bottom is storage, where the pilot lives, and running room." He looked directly at the pack for the latter description. "She has a working moon simulator, so be aware of full moons on Myrra and on the world you will be landing on. She has a transporter ship in her bay for going on world, she is a Space ship and will not be landing on any world or she may die.
"Now on to your missions. You need to go to three worlds and put down revolts and riots. The closest planet is two months away and it is called Trinity. From the intel we have collected, it is the least hostile of the three. It is a desert planet so dress accordingly when walking around the world. The next one is Cors and it is 3 months from Trinity. Be aware that this is an extremely hostile planet and you will be picking up another Unit, W Unit 27 on Lapsyn for back up and they will be stationed there. Be prepared to share Myrra with them, I know she will be considered your territory but you must allow them access." The wolves groaned, but did not object. "The last planet is Zaerthe and its threat level is unknown at this time. We will update you through out your journey. It is 1.5 months from Cors.
"You are to protect our people on these planets, and put down any uprisings while there. Do what you must to stop the leaders from going against the government. Also, pick a guard for Dr. Night for when you are on worlds, she is important for these missions and for future W Units. Understood?" His voice took an extra serious tone as he looked at every single wolf. They begrudgingly agreed and we were let go once he was sure we had no more questions.
"Dr. Night, a word please." The officer motioned over. I nodded and approached with a salute. "At ease." He pulled out a packet and handed it to me. "This packet explains your role in all this and the more recent medical records of the pa- unit."
I looked down and saw that once again the records were on paper and Not computerized. I groaned as I mumbled, "Really! This again?" The officer raised a brow and I explained, "I already converted this unit's medical records to the computer and they reverted back to paper. Are they stupid or something?"
"You know this unit?" He asked surprised.
I nodded, "I met them when they went to Xenon to save the researchers. The only one I don't know is Scout Rory... St. Michael. What happened to Scout Cion McGregor?"
"He retired and was replaced by Scout Rory. You have your work cut out for you."
"Yeah, I know." I replied skimming over the notes.
"If I'm not out of line in saying this, the pack does not seem to be... fond of you. Well, maybe except Theta Deklyn."
"We didn't exactly leave on good terms."
"Is it that, or the fact that it is rather difficult to read you. You emit very little emotional scent, which can make any wolf a little weary of a person."
I thought about it and replied, "Both."
"You may want to work on that, you are part of their unit now."
"Yeah, unit... Anyway, thank you sir for giving me this, I won't let you down. I will take good care of your wolves." I smiled with a salute.
"Bring them back in one piece." He saluted back.
"Aye, sir." He dismissed me and I headed to the ship. Our things had already been moved into the ship and we were informed that we would be leaving within the hour. As the unit and I received a basic tour of the ship, I got distracted and headed down to the bowls of the ship where I met Myrra's partner and captain.
I looked at the pilot with curiosity and interest. He was humanoid in origin, but there were quite a few differences between him and my kind. His skin was lavender, where our sclera is white his was a purple (a shade darker than his skin), his irises were black and his pupils were the same purple as his sclera. I greeted him with a shy smile and he turned. "Hello."
"Hello." He greeted with a deep head bow.
"My name is Dr. Aleara-Rain Night, but please call me Rai." I stuck out my hand and he looked at it curiously.
"Hello Miss Rai, I am called Krynos." Unsure of what to do, he slowly took my hand. I brought the hands up and then down in a friendly shake. "I believe this is what humans call a hand shake?"
"Yep." I smiled with laughter in my eyes. "It is. Is this your first time meeting a human?"
"It is." He smiled easily, showing off white teeth.
"Well, it's my time meeting a pilot of a Phoenix, I find it exciting."
"As do I."
"How is Myrra doing?"
"She is well, but a bit nervous. She is a young Phoenix and you are her first crew."
"Really?!" I grinned. "Tell her not to worry, I'll make sure she stays in tip top health and we'll be kind to her. Well, I will be, if the wolf's aren't I'll beat 'em up." I winked and it took Krynos a moment to realize I was joking. We were silent a minute as I looked over where we were. "She's beautiful."
"Thank you."
I grinned as I looked at him, "Is that from you or her?"
"Both of us."
"Then most welcome to both of you."
"Are you the mechanic while on this ship?"
"Yep, I'm doctor to both Myrra and the wolves. I have my work cut out for me."
"Do not worry too much about Myrra. Phoenix vessels are very sturdy and rarely get sick and she has me. I can take care of most things so you are less burdened."
"Thanks, and if you need help, don't hesitate to call. I like helping living things."
Just then, Krynos and I heard noise approaching us and we turned to find the tour had reached us. "So this is where you wandered off to." Deklyn smiled as the pack stood before Krynos.
"Yep, getting to know Krynos and Myrra."
"Hello, I am called Krynos. I am Myrra's bonded and pilot, it is a pleasure to meet you all." He bowed his head deeply to the pack and gave a small smile.
"Hello Krynos, we are W Unit 13. I am Alpha Zane Aldwin and this is my pack: Beta Killian Murphy, Theta Deklyn Ward, Theta Marco Kay, Theta Jasper Birch, Theta Trina Montgomery, Scout Lyla Montgomery, and Scout Rory St. Michael." He pointed to each as he said their names.
"Hello everyone. If you need anything, please just come and see me or use the com system to contact me. I will always be here for assistance. We shall be leaving in twenty Earth minutes, please be strapped in by then."
"Thank you. We will see you later." Zane said farewell to Krynos and the pack left. Deklyn looked behind to see if I was following. I shook my head and he nodded, continuing to follow his Alpha.
"Are you alright, Miss Rai?" Krynos asked.
I looked to him and replied, "Yep. Thanks for everything, I will come visit later. I want to check out the informatory before we take off. See yeah later." I waved and started for the way upstairs.
"Farewell, Miss Rai."
♠ ♠ ♠
Things should get more interesting now... I hope. Cheers! Please comment so I know what you like or don't like.