Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Ill Awaited Day

The ill awaited day arrived and I kept to myself as best I could. Myrra was filled to the brim with tension and anxiety; I feared I would soon asphyxiate to death. However, I never had down time since wolves kept wandering in and out to just talk, they wanted relieve some pent up anxiety. I didn't mind too much and the visits were usually no more than ten minutes. The only two people who really stayed were Rory and Deklyn, and they were mostly here to get away from the others. Deklyn paced the room while I worked on some files and stayed updated on recent news.
"You going to be alright?" I asked without looking up from my computer.
"Yeah, fine." Deklyn growled.
"You pacing a whole into my floor says otherwise." His growl grew deeper and rumbled deep within his chest. "Don't growl at me, use your words please." I stopped typing and turned to face him. His eyes flashed and his hands flexed. I noticed how his eyes stayed gold and his nails started to grow into claws.
"Deklyn calm down." Zane commanded as he entered. Deklyn replied with another growl, but this time focused on him. Zane's eyes shimmered silver and he ordered, "Deklyn Calm Down."
Deklyn whimpered and instantly was back to normal. He looked ashamed as he looked up at me, "Sorry."
"Don't worry, just try to relax." This time Zane's voice was soothing.
"What's bothering you, Dek?" I asked.
"All this tension, it's making my wolf crazy. I've almost shifted twice now and gotten into a fight. I just want tonight to come." He flopped heavily into a seat and dropped his head into his hands.
I walked over to him and ran my fingers through his hair. "It's okay. Down side to living on a ship, eh?"
He chuckled half-heartily, "Yeah, love Myrra and all but to house two packs, she's too small."
"That she is."
"Are you stable enough to still watch over Rai if she leaves here?" Zane asked.
I rolled my eyes as Deklyn bit his lip. "I. I don't know..."
"Alright, I'll watch over her. You worry about yourself."
"Yes, sir. Sorry Rai."
"Don't worry about it." I smiled. "Just keep your wolf in check and calm, this will all be over soon."
"Okay, I'm gunna get going and try to take a nap or something." He stood up and hugged me. "I'll see ya later."
"Of course, any desserts I should make?" I winked.
His face lit up like a solar flare and he replied excitably, "Cookies! Lots and lots of cookies! Chocolate chip ones pleeeease."
"Yes sir." I chuckled. "Keep it a secret though."
"Will Do!" He kissed my cheek and waved a farewell to Zane as he left.
After a second I turned to Zane. "Great, now I'm stuck with you." I dramatically groaned.
"Oh woe is you." He teased.
"Yes, oh woe is me." I stuck out my tongue with a laugh. "Now, are you staying or should I call you when I feel like leaving this sanctuary?"
"Comm me, I have to make sure everyone is okay. And please don't make too many cookies."
"Pff, we'll see. Don't trust Alpha Lapsyn?"
"It's not that, I have to make sure my pack doesn't do something stupid."
"Then, I'll see you later." He nodded and left me to do my own thing. After a few more hours of looking up information, I called Zane and went to eat. Around 10:30, Zane dropped me off in my room and disappeared to the woods. I got bored fast and headed to the dining hall to start baking. I played my music as I made treats and sang along since I knew every word.

If you need a friend,
don't look to a stranger,
You know in the end,
I'll always be there.

And when you're in doubt,
and when you're in danger,
Take a look all around,
and I'll be there.

I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say. (I promise)
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be. (I promise)
But if you'll wait around a while, I'll make you fall for me,
I promise, I promise you I will.

When your day is through,
and so is your temper,
You know what to do,
I'm gonna always be there.

Sometimes if I shout,
it's not what's intended.
These words just come out,
with no gripe to bear.

I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say. (I promise)
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be. (I promise)
But if you'll wait around a while, I'll make you fall for me,
I promise, I promise you...

I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say. (I promise)
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be. (I promise)
And if I had to walk the world, I'd make you fall for me,
I promise, I promise you I will.

I gotta tell ya, I need to tell ya, I gotta tell ya, I gotta tell yaaaa ...

I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say. (I promise)
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be. (I promise)
But if you'll wait around a while, I'll make you fall for me,
I promise, I promise you...

I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say. (I promise)
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be. (I promise)
And if I had to walk the world, I'd make you fall for me,
I promise, I promise you I will ...
I will...
I will...
I will

By three, I had made two and a half dozen cookies and headed to bed. I fell asleep praying my unit was okay and that they didn't get into a fight with the other unit.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Promise by When in Rome

Yes, I love using songs in the story.