Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Show Me Your Veins

"Kat, Come In Here!" Calum's voice called. Kat stopped what she was doing and briskly walked over to her husband.
"No need to shout. What is wrong?" She came to stand by Calum's side.
"We are in. We finally have access to Rai's computer." He looked up into his wife's eyes. "What do you want me to do?"
Kat took a deep breath and replied, "Search through it and tell me if you find anything suspicious."
"You mean other than her having over twenty layers of codes to crack and a little congratulatory message every time you crack one?"
Kat chuckled, "Yes, something other than that."

~~~Rai's POV~~~
I kept my eyes closed as I heard roars and shouting. I was too tired to even care that I was probably bleeding out on the floor. It wasn't until I felt someone gently shake me that I opened me eyes to see Killian's. "Rai, we're going. Come here." With my last strength, I brought my arms up and grasped around his shoulders. He picked me up and started carrying me. As we ran he repositioned me so his gun didn't dig into my back.
I listened to his strong heart beat as chaos sounded around us. I shifted my head a little to see that Deklyn was next to me and Zane, Rory, and Jasper in front. Zane and Deklyn shifted to take down Sebastian, having a minor fight before pinning him down and cuffing him. I watched emotionless as they dragged him away. I snuggled closer into into Killian's chest as I watch everything as if I was once again watching a scene from my past; merely an observer.
Within time we walked out of the building Killian, Deklyn, Marco, and I had been kept in. We came across some resisters, but like before they were swiftly apprehended. But our life is never simple and things turned bad. We had walked about a half an hour when Zane stopped and turned. Everyone mimicked him and watched as he slowly walked over to Marco.
"Marco, are you okay?" Marco didn't answer, just stayed hunched over breathing heavily. "Marco, talk to me. Marco?" He went to place a hand on Marco shoulder when Marco growled. His head snapped up and instead of his eyes burning amber, they were completely black. Marco's teeth were elongated and claws extended as he grabbed Zane and threw him. He proceeded to throw off four others before turning on me and Killian.
Marco growled right before charging at us. Killian couldn't do anything except dodge to the side; out of the way. As he moved, I grabbed his gun and pulled the trigger. The symmetry between what happened to Jay and Marco was uncanny. I didn't have time to think before I was squirming out of Killian's arms and running towards Marco. "Med bag!" I yelled to anyone, falling next to him. I skipped over the hole in his heart as I looked into his eyes; they were slowly receding back to his natural eye color. "Gods and Goddesses, med bag!" I barked, someone finally snapping out of their stupor and handing it to me. I immediately took out a syringe and withdrew some blood. After capping it, I checked his pulse, wrote down his time of death, and gave him one last sad look before turning to the group of people.
My eyes found Jasper and I held out my hand, "Your com unit now."
"Rai." Zane started but I cut him off.
"No, I need to contact the other doctors. This is detrimental." Jasper carefully walked over to me and handed me his earpiece over. I slipped it on my ear as I pulled out a handheld microscope. "I need all high ranking military personnel and doctors on the com immediately, this is Dr. Aleara-Rain Night." I waited to get confirmation and continued, "I am quarantining this planet. No one, I don't care who it is, is allowed to leave or step foot on this planet. We have a known case of morbo curet virus."
"This is Captain Alex Corbin. What does that mean?" A voice in my ear asked.
"Morbo Curet means Feral sickness. If a wolf is infected with this virus, they slowly become feral and there is no known cure once they reach level 3 or the terminal level."
"Are you sure that a wolf had it?"
My voice lowered a little, "Yes, the threat at the moment has been eradicated. But we need to test every wolf that has come on planet or in contact with one that has. It is highly contagious and extremely dangerous."
"This is crazy." A female voice argued. "We can't do a planet and fleet wide test. That would take a days, possibly weeks."
"Who is this?" I scowled.
"Dr. Eliza Pent, I am a doctor for G Unit 47."
"Well Dr. Pent, let me tell you this. If we don't test every wolf and one is infected or a carrier then we will have very dangerous feral wolves among us that may rip your throat out. Are you willing to go to every family of victims who died due to this virus and tell them that their son or daughter or husband or wife died because you thought it would take 'too much time' to make sure everyone is okay?"
Eliza remained quiet but an Alpha from another W Unit I got to know spoke up, "Ah how I missed your need for justice and brutal way of putting things. Welcome back, Rai."
"Thanks Alpha Syn. I will send everyone an image of what the virus strain looks like. Start with Alpha's first. If one of them is infected, isolate them and go to their Beta to make sure they are not. We need a chain of command to be kept or a pack will fall apart. Work out from there and isolate into three groups: Infected, carriers, and healthy." An argument ensued to which I only paid partial attention to because I was too busy analyzing Marco's blood sample. "Gotcha." I muttered as I captured the image and downloaded it to my tablet.
"Alright, enough fighting, we are doing it as I said and if you don't like it you can complain later. Right now we have half a million soldiers who's lives are in our hands. So please shut up and start working. I'm uploading the image to everyone now, if you find anything that looks like this in the slides quarantine them. Any doctors excel in making an anti-virus?"
"Hi this is Dr. Samara Lang, I specialize in anti-viruses and antidotes. I can start on making it one once I have a live sample to work with." Dr. Lang said.
"This is Captain Kevin Mortin, I will assist her."
"Okay, if possible work in pairs so no one is overwhelmed. More the merrier. Keep in contact, check in every hour." I said. I turned to face the group before me. "You heard the conversation or at least my side, so show me your veins please."
The process was intense, the air still tense from what happened to Marco. I avoided looking over at his dead body as I checked all the wolves in my care. No one spoke to me, but Deklyn and Killian stayed as close to me as possible without being in the possible contamination zone. They were the most restless out of all the wolves I worked with. It was finally Zane's turn to face the needle and he looked at me concerned.
"Rai-"
"Don't Zane, please." I quietly begged, not looking up from his arm.
He was silent for a moment before asking, "May I go to Marco?"
I finally looked up, "I can check. I'm not sure if he is safe or not." I inspected his blood sample and sighed, "Sorry Zane, you're infected."
"How far along?"
"First stage, when Dr. Lang finds the cure you'll be fine. You can go to Marco now." He nodded and left. He paused and I caught the head shake Killian gave him before Zane walked over to his fallen Theta.
The next person greeted me as I was retrieving the next syringe. "Hello Rai."
I raised my eyes to look at him and in a dull voice replied, "Sebastian."
"Are you going to hurt me doctor?" He grinned, trying to make a joke. I merely looked down and slipped the needle into his cubital vein. "Not going to talk much?"
I didn't reply at first, but then I looked up into his eyes and asked, "Was it as satisfying as you hoped?"
I startled him with my question, "What?"
"You taunted me, kept telling me you were going to take great pleasure once you did it. Are you happy?"
Sebastian looked down, "Honestly?" I nodded. "No, if it was any other secret I probably would have, but that one..." He shook his head. "Even I am not that cold hearted to wish that on someone."
"You're done. You are virus free, congrats."
"Thank you." He seemed a little hesitant as he looked over at a growling Zane.
A little louder than our talk, I said, "Watch him, but don't harm him. He's already ours, he doesn't need terrible treatment. He'll be a good wolf." I heard growling in back of me but it soon resided to an agreement.
"Why? I treated you so terribly." I shrugged. "You are too good Rai, the world needs more of you."
"Shouldn't have done all that to me huh? Now I'm irreversibly fucked up."
"I don't know about that, but what's done is done." He got up but before he left he looked at me and inclined his head, "My condolences for your unit mate. He was a great wolf." I gave a small nod and he left.

~~~3rd POV~~~
Zane looked at Marco's cold body. He bent down and placed a hand over Marco's eyes and slowly closed them. The event of his death played over in his mind and it shook him. He watched helplessly as Marco ran at Killian and Rai and was startled at how she didn't even hesitate to shoot him. He realized that he could no longer read her; she was once again a blank slate. He looked over at his Beta and Thata and his curiosity was piqued. Deklyn had always been protective of Rai, but Killian's new found protectiveness was interesting. Not looking directly at them, Zane whispered, "Deklyn, Killian." The sensitives ears of his pack caught his voice and they stilled to listen. "What's going on? Rai seems different, she's digressed back to when we first met her. And you two seem more protective of her than normal."
"That's sounds accusatory." Deklyn replied just as quietly.
"I just wish to know what is happening. What happened to change so much?"
"This was a war Zane, it changes people." Killian replied kindly, "Also we were prisoners together, we only had each other."
"What did the leader do to you?"
"Tried to pry information from us. We were in there for over a month and we naturally became very protective of each other especially of Rai. She was the only human in there and they tortured her the most."
"What did they do to her?" Zane growled out and glared at Sebastian.
"First he tortured her for information in the normal fashion. Then it got a bit more complicated."
"How so?"
Killian paused, "He forced her to relive her past."
♠ ♠ ♠
Marco =,( Quiet but loveable.
So after seeing many sides of Sebastian, what are your thoughts?