Status: Completed.

The Forbidden Fruit

POV of George

Work was finally over. I had not been much of help, however, because I could not get Elise out of my mind. She had been so depressed and the way she had cried on me about her brother had shattered my heart into a thousand pieces. It was not my place to promise her something that was uncertain, but I did not know of any other way to comfort her. It had been an act of kindness, but deep down I knew I had been cruel. Albert's death was certain. No doctor great or small could do anything for him. Tuberculosis had killed many and now, unfortunately, Albert was going to die.
As I was walking towards the Manor I saw some flowers Elise always stared at through her window. I picked them up figuring she might like them. I was in love with her. There was nothing she could do to me that could make me love her less. She was my everything I ever wanted and wished for. My dear Elise.
I greeted the maids and other workers I saw on the way. The environment was nice, quaint and tranquil. It was certainly different from the other nobles I had worked for. My master was kind and loving. He even offered to give me all the advice I needed regarding relationships since he was so experienced with woman.
"George, what brings you here at this hour," Grace asked as Alejandro wore his coat.
"I have come to see Elise," I replied as I watched Alejandro walk towards Grace. He held her hand and greeted me. I bowed. This is what I wanted for me and Elise. To be happy.
"I see," Grace smiled, "pass my greetings to her. I went to her chambers earlier, but she was resting."
"I have also left the food for your dinner in the kitchen," Alejandro told me as he winked at me, "I was also able to buy you the finest wine I could find. Consider it an early wedding gift."
"You did not have to," I grinned, as well as thanked him.
"Well you two lovebirds enjoy yourselves," Grace said as the both of them left. I climbed the stairs to Elise's chamber. I stood outside, with the flowers in my hand.
"Are you decent?" I asked, but got no reply so I entered. There was no one in the room. I placed the flowers on her bed. I thought of were she could possibly be and the only place that came to mind was were Albert lay.
Familiar voices were coming from a room nearby. I walked and opened the door. I smiled as I saw the master and Elise talking. Albert was lying on the bed. They had not noticed me. I wondered what they were talking about. As I was about to open my mouth to speak I saw the master lean in to kiss Elise. She wrapped her hands round his neck as he pulled her closer. Before I was noticed, I quietly closed the door and walked away -unable to comprehend what I had just seen.