A World Corrupt

Chapter 3

Willows P.O.V

Around dawn I hear “Come on get up!” a woman says, yanking my blankets down. “Go away” I growl “Master said you start today” shoving my head under my pillow cringing from the blinding light. “Tell him to go to hell” I mutter. “Now listen here young lady, I don’t want to get up at dawn and wake your butt up, so get ready and tell Master yourself” she huffs at me “Ugh-“ I say slipping out of my bed and stopping off to the bathroom “Don’t forget this” she tosses me a hideous black dress “I’m not wearing that” I scoff. “Whatever you tell Master yourself” she whirls around leaving the room, rolling my eyes I grab another cute but, not revealing dress.

Making my way in the kitchen I grab some fruit and sit down, chewing on an apple. A loud gasp fills the room, looking over I see a man who appears to be the chef “You’re not to eat until after the chores are done” slowly chewing, I stare at him. He had pale skin, blue eyes, blonde hair and was nowhere near ever developing muscles. “Says who?” I ask taking another bite “Says I” looking behind me I see Lucas standing there arms crossed “Seeing as I’m not doing chores,” I watch as his face darkens “I mines as well eat.” I finish, taking another bite. “Put the food down” glaring at me he commands “Um- No.” I say slowly, like lightning he snatched the apple and is dragging me down a hall “Let go of me!” I try and kick him, he continues ignoring me until we reach a room where there a smell of dried blood and on a post a bleeding man hangs there, a whip beside him. “You sick-” my face stings, he hit me. My blood began to boil “You will end up like that if you do not follow orders.” Oh yeah he was mad. But, so was I “Well then strap me down” I challenge, he takes it. Summoning two men I didn’t even see they took the bloody man down and Lucas tied my hands up, I tried squirming out of his grip but, I ended up dangling my hand tied above my head. Grabbing the whip, one of the men rips the back of my dress, exposing my back to them. Crap “I’ll give you another chance, will you behave” without thinking of the pros and cons “Go. To. Hell.” I hear the crack of the whip, I don’t even flinch. “Lucas!” I hear a woman’s voice but, couldn’t see her face. “What Katrina?” He says angrily, “Now as much as I’d enjoy this. I don’t think it’s a good idea.” Her voice is soft like trying to approach a child in a tantrum “Why not?” he snaps at her “You can’t heal scars.”

For a few minutes there a silence in the room, I really wanted to say something but, I wasn’t about to open my mouth right now. I can hear Lucas stomp out angrily; I stay there for a few minutes until his footsteps are distant. “Let me help you” the woman untie me, letting my feet touch the ground “Thank-” I start to say but, her eyes are silver with gold running through them like veins. She was alien “Get away from me!” I snarl, she may have helped me but, she was one of them. “I just saved your skin.” The girl states “Thanks, next time, don’t.” I whirl around and walk as fast as I could away from her. “Stupid things, they're everywhere.” I mutter to myself.

Returning to the kitchen, I decide I’m bored “Can I help?” I ask the same cook I saw earlier “Kitchen isn’t your duties.” He says pointing to a chart, I spot my name, ignoring the chart I turn back to him “Good then I’ll help” I brush past him, grabbing dishes and start cleaning off the counters “You're brave” he mutters to himself more than to me. Smiling I start washing dishes. I was thinking of how easy it was to anger Lucas. I’ll be dead within a week, Sighing I dream of me dying, it's sad really. I don’t want to die but, I’m not staying here. “Oh God” I hear someone moan, it was the woman from earlier “What?” I ask “You almost got killed, and you’re already being disobedient.” Ignoring her insult, “What’s your name?” I figured I’d be here long enough, so I should probably get to know their names. “Samantha” I try not to snicker, of course it is. Turning back I return to washing dishes.

Lucas P.O.V

Fuming I sit in my study again. I’m losing control. I’m not sure what she does to me but, she gets my blood pumping and rage like I’ve never had before. I actually never got that angry but, she did something. Knocking on my door startles my thoughts “Come in!” I still had a slight hint of anger in my voice. Katrina enters, seating herself in the chair in front of my desk “She’s hiding something” She states “What makes you believe that?” I didn’t want her here right now “She flipped when she saw my eyes, and hatred just exploded” Katrina is saying, trying to emphasize her words “A lot of humans hate us” I shrug, I was starting to calm down. “No watch” Katrina takes me back in time, we sit there watching the scene. “Thank-” Willow starts to say but, stops and pure hate, rage, and disgust enter her face. “Get away from me!” She snarls, “I just saved your skin!” Katrina says shocked. “Thanks, Next time, don’t” she says, the look in her eye it can’t even be described. Back in my office “I’ve seen humans have that look.” Katrina’s eyes flash when I lie “I don’t know what you want to do with her but, be careful” she walks out. I’m not going to be scared of a human, the look it was so disturbing. I can’t figure it out.