A World Corrupt

Chapter 5

Willow P.O.V
Fuming the rest of the day, I do chores, still ignoring what I’m assigned to. If he wants a war he’ll get a war. I had been mad at everybody and eventually nobody was talking to me, I didn’t mind the silence though. I still haven’t seen the kid from the day in the hall. Why don’t just explore this hell hole, my hand pauses in midair from dusting, why hadn’t I thought of this sooner? A devilish smile creeps onto my lips, leaving everything I had been doing I start exploring, opening door after door.

Reaching a door I hadn’t opened, I carefully studied it, it didn’t look too important, shrugging I swing the door open. Screams erupt in the room and staring at me is a room of children, “Miss we weren’t being bad!” one little girl no older than five started bawling. I stand stunned at the scene; there were probably twenty children all under the age 13. They all shook with fear and some even had bruises on them, my fury raised even higher “Who did this to you?!” my voice roared and the children whimpered in fear. I quickly disguise my anger kneeling down to a girl that looked 8 years old. She had long blonde hair and was petite; I could see bruises on her arm, as if someone squeezed too hard. “We're sorry we didn’t do anything, really.” She thought I was one of those disgusting creatures “Look into my eyes” I speak gently, they were already so scared. “Get away from her!” before the girl could look in my eyes a dark haired boy, who was probably thirteen, tackled me. “What are you-” My voice cut off when I felt a sharp pain in my chest, he punched me “Look into my eyes!” I screamed, refusing to fight back. The boy stopped from hitting me again.

His light brown eyes met my gaze; he stared long and hard and finally got off of me. “If you hurt anyone, I’ll kill you.” His fury reminded of me when I was young, and I couldn’t help but, smile. “I’m not going to harm you like those disgusting monsters.” He stared at me some more “You’re not broke?” he questioned and I flashed him a smile “Never could I be broke.” The boy gave me a small smile “Where the creep anyway?” I knew he was talking about Lucas. “I don’t know he left. What are you all doing here?” I ask still scanning over the children. “Some of us are sold and some of us are raised to be submissive slaves.” The boy answers I could tell he was the authority over all of them. Fury started to course my body again as my thoughts went to Lucas, “Why do some of you have bruises?” he could hear the rage in my voice, I could see the fear in his eyes, but his posture stayed the same. “Big Boss says we're to be beaten for extra measure, to make sure we know who’s boss,” he spits out. “Even five years old?” I ask outraged “Even three year olds” My breathing became labored and I was ready to kill the first monster I laid eyes on. “Calm down, you can’t help us if you do something stupid.” The boy’s voice snaps me out of my rage “Yes. Oh are you guys hungry?” before the boy answer a little girl answer “We're not to eat, until two days.” Sucking in a deep breath, I let it out slowly. Smiling “I say you can eat today.” I hear a few gasp but, nobody challenges it. “What’s your name?” I turn to the leader “Jacob.” He speaks proudly and I can’t help but, “You are strong and never break.” I could see my words made him stronger more than he already was.

Shutting the door I made my way to the kitchen where Jacque and Samantha were sitting down at the servants' table talking. “Break's over, I need lots of food prepared.” Jacque startled jumps and looks at me “For who?” he ask with a questioning gaze “The children, his face sinks “Master said no food for two days.” I had perfected at how to lie so it was easy to trick them “Lucas said to make the children food today why he was gone.” Jacque didn’t even second guess me, wow! Once he found out I was lying he would be pretty mad. “I don’t know about this” Samantha start, I stop from rolling my eyes “Don’t but, when Lucas is all over you for disobeying don’t come crying to me.” I kept my tone light, Jacque didn’t stop , but just started making sandwiches, and feeling paper cups up with water. Samantha hadn’t made a comment after that, looking over, I saw she had disappeared. Two hours later I’m left alone with the children again and I’m handing them food.

Lucas P.O.V
Getting out of the limo, I walk to the front doors of my mansion. There hadn’t been any good slaves and I wasn’t wasting money on any of them. Katrina insisted on staying, so I left her behind. My thoughts were still on willow and what she might be. I walked through my halls when Samantha appeared at my side “We did everything you asked, and why didn’t you tell me you changed your mind about feeding the children?” I stop dead and my tracks and stare down at her “What?” I growl, fear jumps into her eyes “Willow said you told her to feed the children.” WILLOW! Of course, she was becoming a nuisance, but if she was the king’s daughter I would be killed for killing her. “Where is she?” I growl, just cause I couldn’t kill her didn’t mean I couldn’t harm her. “W-w-ith t-the chi-i-ldren.” Samantha stutters, suppressing a growl of frustration, toward her weakness. I storm in the room the children live.

Willow P.O.V
Sitting in the front of the group I was holding a little two year old, who had a bruise on her leg by her ankle and on her wrist. I hum a tune, I wasn’t sure where the tune came from or even how I know it. I felt like humming to them was the most natural thing in the world. The children sat quietly, some even falling asleep.

“Willow!” the door banged open and the kids let out a frightful yelp, the once drifting into sleep bolted awake, all of them quickly went to the back of the wall “Jacob take her.” I say gently, handing the little girl now crying, to Jacob. I stayed calm but, brought my eyes to Lucas. My eye’s flashed and I don’t know but, was that a glimmer of doubt I saw in him “What do you want monster?” I stood in a fighting stance and prepared for the impact, I was slammed into a wall “Why do you insist on not listening?” he growls low in my ear “Why do you insist on being a monster?” I keep my voice just as low. Growling he drags me out of the room and I follow instead of struggling, until we reach his room.

He slams the door, trapping me in the room alone with him. “My patients are running low with you.” He stood unmoving, while I stood my ground a few feet away. “You’re getting on my nerves.” I snap, his face showed the fury, he was trying to control. “I’m wrong for feeding children?” I snarl, my control, was already gone. All I need to do was lunge, but I’d wait for a perfect time. “Yes you are! You are to do nothing without permission! You are a slave!” he screamed at me, and I wanted to cringe.

“I am not a slave! I will do as I please!” I scream back, just like that I’m pinned on the floor. “Get off me!” I struggle, “Do you love those children?” he brings a questioning gaze upon me, freezing I realize he’d hurt them. “No” I spat out, but he saw right through my lie “Samantha!” I stayed frozen, we glared at each other until Samantha open the door “Yes Master?” she asked, eyeing both of us. “Bring in little Sarah.” Without another word, she went for the child. Sarah was the two-year-old I had been holding. I stared at him in disbelief, he was a monster worse than anyone I knew.

Sarah was pushed into the room, her small body was shaking uncontrollably “Should I?” he says his gaze still resting on me, I was still pinned to the floor, but I stopped struggling. I couldn’t let her get hurt “Alright you win.” I say, “Good” he gets off me but, I continue to lie there for a minute. Sarah was taken back and Lucas was gazing down at me “You are very unique.” He says, staring at him in disbelief, he had just almost killed a two year old and he was hitting on me? I snort “You’re a monster” He growls “Oh right, you’re a monster, Sir.” I say sarcastically. “Where am I sleeping?” I ask, I was tired and hated seeing his face. “With me.”