Status: Will try and update soon. Please comment though!

The Darker Side of Me

A Family Reunion? Not!

We were finally entering Huntington Beach California after being in the car for 4 days straight. “It’s good to be here and thank you so much for letting me crash at your place Zane. It means a lot to me.” I smiled over at Zane, while sitting up straight to get a better look around the area I would call home.

“No problem Kat, I mean after all the same werewolf who created you also made me so that makes you practically family. Besides my family kicked me out once they found out I was different so we need to stand together.” Zane smiled reaching over and taking my hand in his.

I could feel my face heating up as I started to blush, I hadn’t known Zane for very long but I felt a connection between us. I think he felt it too. Why else would he hold my hand like we were dating?
“I feel the same way as you do about standing together. You make me feel safe when I’m with you. And I haven’t felt that way in a long time Zane.” I said staring at him as if he were the only person holding me to the here and now.

“So if you don’t mind me asking, where did all the bruises come from? The strange thing is you should have already healed when you where turned. I wonder what is different about you. When I changed for the first time all my scars faded within a couple of days and same with any injury I get, they heal within a couple of hours now.” Zane let go of my hand to turn off the air, opening the windows I got the first scent of fresh salty air for the first time in my life.

“Wow I love the fresh air smell it’s amazing, this is what I have been missing.” I take a deep breath, the salty air filling my lungs. I turn back to Zane, knowing I can’t avoid the question any longer. “Alright there is something I haven’t told you about myself. The night I was attacked I wasn’t just attacked by just a werewolf. A vampire and a demon were there and I was attacked by all 3 of them at the same time and I’m the only one to survive the attack. My father was talking about all the girls and how it hadn’t worked on right before I was attacked and my father told me he hoped I survived it.” I was afraid to look at Zane afraid of the rejection if he hated me for not telling him sooner.

“Alright, so you’re the first hybrid to be created that explains a lot. Look, I’m happy you told me about what happened. The only thing we can do is hide you from our world until we can find and talk to the royal family.” Zane said grabbing my hand again.

After a couple of minutes in silence we turned into an apartment complex. “Well it’s not the best place but its home. Mi Casa es su Casa.” Zane said in a fake French accent.
Laughing I said “That was Spanish not French, silly white boy” I shook my head at him.

“Hey I take offence to that comment little lady. For starters I am not white I am goth albino get it right.” Zane pulled a pouty face at me.

“Alright Mr. White Goth Albino lets go inside, I want and really need a shower.” I said sticking my tongue out at him.

“So that was where the smell was coming from? I thought I had run over a dead body and the smell was following me.” Zane teased as he grabbed my hand pulling me to him. Slowly he bent down and quickly kissed my check.

“Hey! I do not stink as bad as you Mr., so don’t go trying to blame me for-” I was cut off as he kissed me on the lips.

“You talk too much.” he said pulling away from me smiling. “Come on babe let’s get you settled then we can go out to eat. Sound good to you?” Zane asked opening the apartment door.

“Yeah, that sounds wonderful. What do you want to eat? I’m in the mood for steaks, bloody ones at that.” I say. I grab my bag and head in the direction of the bathroom.

“That sounds good. Go take a shower and get ready, then we will leave.” Zane said heading down to his room.
Matt’s POV
There was a new scent in town one I had never smelt before, along with the rouge werewolf’s scent. I knew that the pack had to take the rouge out, unless he decided to join us or leave our territory. I couldn’t have just anyone roaming my streets or my father would say I wasn’t ”alpha material.”.
My office now I sent along my packs mind links, I could hear the footsteps coming closer now. A knock on the door before it open let me know they were here.

“Alright, the rouge wolf is back but this time he has someone with him, let’s get things settled before he ends up killing a human.” I told my pack members.

“Hey Matt, who is with him? Do you know is it another rouge wolf, and if it is, are we going to ask them to join us or what?” Brian said playing with his fedora.

“It depends on how powerful they are. If they can keep up with us then we will welcome them. If they don’t pass, well then they will be asked to leave. If they refuse to leave then we kill them. It’s that simple really.” Matt said looking around the room at his brothers.

---------------------------------------Later----------------------------------
Kat’s POV
Zane and I were walking down the road to the restaurant holding hands when I smelt it. It was… a combination between salty and fresh blood.
It was like a sign calling my name. I let go of Zane’s hand I ran in the direction of the intoxicating smell and it led me to an alleyway.
There on the ground was a woman with a vampire sucking her dry. “Stop right now!” I demanded walking into the alleyway.

“Or what little girl? You going to call the cops on me? Ooooooo, I’m so scared.” the stinky vampire hissed at me. Lunging at me with lightning fast reflexes, he grabbed me by the throat holding me against the hard wall of the alleyway.

“Oh, you really shouldn’t have done that.” I sneered, letting go of my mind block I turned to him and with one thought he went flying to the other side of the wall.

“What the heck are you?” he asked his voice quivering.

“I’m your worst nightmare.” my eyes where now black. With one thought I was across the alleyway right in front of the vampire. With one movement I grabbed his heart and pulled it out. The vampire fell and disintegrated into a pile of ashes at my feet.
“Kat you need to calm down.” Zane’s voice called from far away.

Slowly I turned toward where Zane stood “Why? It’s fun! Did you see the way I killed him? And he never saw it coming.” a sinister laugh escaped my lips. “We could take over babe don’t you see? They have nothing on me, we could kill anybody that got in our way. We would be King and Queen of this world. How does that sound, hhmm? I could give you everything you ever dreamed of.” I laughed walking over to Zane handing him the heart.

“Kat come back to me, this isn’t who you are. Fight it please.” Zane dropped the heart on the ground grabbing me and kissing me passionately.

Slowly the black in my eyes faded as I remembered who I truly was, I was good not evil I had to think of what my mother would have wanted. My metal block was back, secure and stable.
“Thanks for bringing me back and helping me remember who I am.” I smiled kissing Zane on the lips.

“No problem, that’s what boyfriends are for. Speaking of which, will you be my girlfriend I know we haven’t known each other for long, but I feel we have a deep connection?” Zane asked kissing my forehead.

“Yes, of course I will. You make me a better person by being with me.” I smiled and felt a moment of just pure happiness. Like a light being switched on, I remembered the women. “Oh! we have to help the woman!” I ran to the unconscious woman who was slumped over, half dead.
Once I reached her I took a deep breath and put my hand on her. Slowly my hands started to glow white and the wounds on her neck started to disappear. That’s when I heard footsteps behind me, approaching fast.
I pulled my hands from her body as five men ran around the corner, stepping in front of the woman on the ground so I could protect her I took in the five men.

I didn’t recognize any of them until the last one stepped into the light. Oh heck no, I run from one family member only to meet up with a lying, good-for-nothing jackass who promises he would stay in contact with me. I could feel myself getting angry again, my body tensing to ready for a fight when I felt a hand grab mine in a comforting way. Taking a deep breath I nodded at Zane telling him thanks without speaking. Little did he know I was planning on making Johnny pay for lying to me.

“What’s going on here?” asked a husky voice belonging to the one who smelled of alpha male. Watching him I followed his gaze to the women lying on the ground behind me. Without warning 2 men sped toward Zane and held both his arms behind him back.

“Let go of him right now he didn’t do anything!” I shout at the alpha, taking a step towards the guy in charge. Johnny stepped in my way before I was even two steps from the one in charge.

“Really Johnny, you just can’t seem to stay out of my life can you?” a laugh escaped my lips. Johnny’s face was priceless as he tried to figure out who I was. “Let me give you a little hint. I promise to stay in contact with you Katherine. I love you so much, don’t ever forget that. Does that ring a bell brother?” I asked with sarcasm. Bringing my hand back I punched him in the face. “That’s for leaving me and breaking a promise and this-” I was cut off by the leader grabbing me so I couldn’t hit him again.

“Awe Johnny, you forgot to mention your sister was a little spitfire. I can see why you didn’t want to leave her in the first place.” The man holding my writs behind my back coos. I struggle, but his grip doesn’t lessen. “Well let me introduce myself. I am Matthew from the royal family and these are my brothers. Brian, Zack, Jimmy and Johnny, we see that you know of us since you saw this boy attack that woman.” Matt said looking at the woman. “It’s a shame that your friend killed that innocent woman” Letting go of me he walked over to Zane.

“He did no such thing and if you would pull your head out of your ass long enough you would see it was a vampire attack. Also she is not dead her heart is still beating and she needs help so she won’t die.” I glared at Matt and spoke down to him.

“Look Katherine, I know you don’t understand what is going on. But there is no such things as supernatural creatures you should know that. Also this guy you’re hanging out with is dangerous, you don’t know him like we do.” Johnny spoke giving the other guys a look that said don’t tell her anything.

“Johnny’s right little Katherine, I would hate to see someone so innocent and pure be hurt by a little creep like him.” spiting in Zane’s face Matt turned towards me.

“All I see are five assholes who are ganging up on two innocent people who are trying to help a hurt woman out.” I walked over leaning down to help the women when I was grabbed from behind. “Let me go so I can help this woman out!” I struggled to get free.

“This is how I see it. We heard a scream and run in to see this guy hurting this woman and a scared little girl hiding in the corner. You see, when the police get here we will say it’s our business and they will hand you over to us. Then we will decide on your punishment for hurting an innocent human and endangering another.” Matt laughed holding me closer to him.

“Who said anything about being pure and innocent? I can be your worst nightmare.” I say, knowing my eyes are slowly turning black.

“Kat stop this isn’t you, remember you are good. Don’t let the anger control who you are, fight it please for me.” Zane begged, looking straight at me.

“Why should I Zane? What’s the point in letting these assholes win? You are the only good thing I have. One of the only reasons left worth fighting for. If they take you from me what’s to say I won’t kill? You have saved me countless times from my own demons. If I let them win, then so does my dad.” I say sadly looking at Zane one of the lights in my dark world.

“Katherine what are you talking about? What’s going on here?” Johnny asked looking concerned. I could see he was saying something along the pack lines from the way all the guys were looking at him.

“You lost the right to be concerned for me the moment you walked out of my life. Don’t you see Johnny the very thing you tried to protect me from is a part of my life. Like how I know supernatural creatures exist.” I looked at Johnny trying to show him I was a part of his world whether he liked it or not.

“Look, I don’t know how you know about us, but now we can’t let you out of our sight. You will be coming with us. Take care of the rouge I don’t want him alive come morning.” Matt spoke looking at the others daring them to say otherwise.

“You kill him and I will not hesitate to kill you. Where I go he goes do I make myself clear?” I sneered at Matt.

“You are in no position to demand anything of me little girl. What I say goes and you will learn that as time goes along. You may be just a human but I will not hesitate to lock you up in my room, do I make myself clear?” Matt said using my own words against me.

“Sorry Zane but I have to do something.” I whisper, unlocking my mind block as I concentrated on making Zane disappear in a dark cloud of smoke.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliff-hanger! Don't you just love them? :)
We will update soon...
Please comment!