Status: just starting out ;) feedback?

What Goes Around Comes Around

Chapter 7: All This Time

I stared at the door for a few moments, my eyes wide. That was a low blow, a really low blow. I felt my heart ache. I was ridiculously naive, thinking I could just walk in here like nothing ever happened. I had this vision in my head that Peyton would be happy to see me. That my daughter would be happy to see me.

"She has a temper, sorry." The man told me as he gave me fake smile, his dislike for me very evident. Not that I blamed him.

"Don't apologize for the way she acted. I was expecting her to slap him so be happy with the way MY daughter treated him." She gave the guy a pointed look and put extra emphasis on the 'my daughter'. I had a feeling it was for both of us. The man huffed out a breath, glaring at Aurora with a look that screamed 'douche bag'. I already didn't like him.

"She needs to act like a young lady. She is 9, Aurora, not 5. She can't get away with this behavior. She knows its wrong, shes just playing you like a fool. The acting out, the swearing. It's going to lead to a difficult teen--" Aurora was red in the face as she stood, moving towards him. I think they forgot I was here.

"She's had a tough fucking life! You wouldn't know anything about that, would you? You were born with a silver spoon in your life. Don't you dare try to lecture me on her." Her voice rose as she spoke. I knew I fueled all of this. The man jumped up, getting right in her face. I didn't like the way he was staring down at her, so I stood, even though I shouldn't have.

Aurora looked behind her, meeting my eyes. Her eyes were filled with hatred. It looked so unnatural on her sweet face. The man cut his eyes towards me, I saw him tense up and I knew what was coming on.

"Why are you really here, kid?" He pushed her aside, a little too rough. I stepped up, ready for whatever this prick was going to through at me. He was well built and about my height but I had years and years of anger stored up. "Is it to get her back?" He laughed out, a sound of mockery and not one of humor. I smiled back at him, bitterly. I opened my mouth to speak back but stopped when Aurora stood in front of him,

"Dylan, please. This is a lot for me... Just leave. I'll call you tomorrow." She masked the anger in her voice quite well, but I still heard it. Dylan snorted and rolled his eyes, looking like a grown toddler.

"And leave you here by yourself? Hilarious." He sneered, glaring at me as I took a step back, not wanting to piss Aurora off more.

"Get. Out." She spoke lowly, sounding very solemn and serious. He gave her a nasty look, before spinning around and grabbing a coat on the couch. He threw it on, staring at me. I could almost see the steam coming out of his ears.

Without another word, he stalked over to the door, opening it and slamming it. I felt the whole apartment shake. Aurora was staring at the door he just walked out of, a desperate look on her face.

Her head snapped to me, her eyes mad with anger. She walked over to me as I awkwardly dwindled, still standing on the carpeted living room floor.

"It's been 10 minutes," She began, roughly grabbing my chin between her fingers as she stared up at me. "10 fucking minutes and you've already turned my life upside down. You didn't do it well enough the first time?" Her grip tightened and her eyes narrowed.

"I've always told myself, if I ever saw your stupid ass again, I'd make you suffer. I'd make you suffer more than I ever did. So much more." She mused as she pursed her full lips. "But now that you are here, I'm not bloodthirsty. I'm not cruel like you." She released her grip but still stood close, staring at me, in my speechless glory.

"You slept the summer by my side. Fuck, Sidney, you filled my sullen life with something special; you filled my days with endless wonder." Chills went down my spine when she spoke my name, even though it was in a malicious manner.

"You took my childhood in your stride. You didn't care; I don't know why you're here. Why are you here?"

"To see Peyton." I managed to spit out. She made a face, like she was thinking over something really hard. She sighed and met my eyes again, the same amount of pain still there.

"I'm going to let you see her, even though I shouldn't. But I will NOT have her get attached to you and you just up and run, leaving her behind to wait for you. That won't be the case. I won't have her directly hurt that way. You already did in indirectly." I knew she was projecting everything I did and I felt the weight on my shoulders get lighter but then heavier.

I couldn't fuck this up; I wouldn't fuck this up. Not again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Sorry for the wait! 115 subscribers!? I seriously love you guys.

DON'T BE SILENT! Leave your thoughts ;-)

next update after I get some feedback to know how you feel about everything!