‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

010:

Chapter Ten
“Andy! Open the damn door!” I yelled as I pounded on the door, “Give me my dog!”

No answer. I growled and then ran a finger through my hair and turned back to the SUV that Sidney, Geno, Kris, Beau and I used to drive up to Pittsburgh from Philadelphia. The guys were waiting in the car, under my request, but when Andy didn’t answer, they walked out of the car and headed towards the stairs.

“What’s going on?” Kris asked as he was the first to walk up the stairs.

“He’s not answering,” I sighed.

“Is he even home?” Beau asked as he peaked through a window.

“I don’t know,” I growled and then turned around and pounded on the door again, “Andy! Open the fuckin’ door!”

“Hello?” I heard and we turned around to see a man walking out of the house next door, “Can I help you?”

“Yes,” Sidney said, “We’re looking for man who lives here. Andy?”

“Uh, I saw him leave this morning,” he said, “He’s usually found at the park,” I nodded my head and hopped down the stairs, “Is there a problem?”

“Your neighbor stole my dog,” I said plainly, “If I see your neighbor, I’m gunna kill him.”

“Um, is your dog a German Shepherd?” he asked and I shook my head and pulled out my phone.

“Lhasa Apso, little white and tan dog,” I said and he looked at the picture on my phone.

“Haven’t seen her,” he said and I sighed.

“Jen!” I heard and turned back towards the house to see that Geno was holding up a key, “Kept it up high.”

“You call the cops if I try to steal my dog back?” I asked the guy and turned around and held his hand up.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said and then walked towards his house.

“All I needed to hear,” I said and then walked towards the door and took the key from Geno.

“Jen, this is a bad idea,” Sidney said and I pushed him out of the way.

“I see her!” Beau said and I snapped my head towards him, “She’s in a cage in the corner of the room.”

“I’m going in Sidney,” I said and bent down to put the key in the slot and turned the key, “That’s my baby in there,” the door opened and walked in, smirking when there was no alarm that went off. We all walked into the house and over towards the room where Beau saw Candy, “Baby,” I smiled and ran over towards her cage and opened it, “I’m so sorry,” I cooed as she whined in my arms.

We heard a growl and all snapped our heads to the side to see Andy standing there with an angry German Shepherd at his side, “So you break into my home?”

“I’m taking my dog,” I growled and then stood up with Candy in my arms.

“You brought back up,” Andy smirked.

“No, I brought friends,” I said and then walked past them and saw Beau grab Candy’s bag.

“Well, I have friends too,” he said and muttered something to the dog and the German Shepherd started to snarl.

I took a step back and Beau moved in front of me and placed me behind him, “Get out of our way.”

“You must be the boyfriend,” Andy said as he bent down unhooked the dog’s leash but then grabbed the collar, “I don’t like you.”

Andy was holding the dog back, but the dog was barking and jumping up and down. Beau, Geno, Sidney and Kris might be big guys, but a dog with teeth that sharp, can cause some damage.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked as I looked at Andy scared.

“We have to go,” Sidney said and I looked at my watch, our flight was going to leave in three hours.

“Let’s go,” I said and tried to take a step forward and the dog barked louder, reminding me that we weren’t going anyway, “Let us go! We have to go!”

“Sorry,” he said and then let go of the collar.

“Run!” Sidney yelled and then my eyes widened when the dog came straight for me, “Jen!”

“GO!” I yelled and then turned around and ran towards a hallway. The dog jumped on me and pushed me to the ground and I dropped Candy, she landed on her feet thankfully and started to trot away. The dog tried to walk over me, but I grabbed his collar, he wasn’t after me, he was going for Candy, “Leave her alone!”

“Jen!” Beau yelled and I yelled out in pain when I felt the dog’s teeth sink into my skin.

“Beau!” I screamed and then gasped and saw blood dripping down my arm.

“JEN!” Beau yelled and the dog was off of me and it yelped, “Get off of her!”

“Candy!”

“I got her!” Geno said and rolled onto my side and started to breath heavily, holding my arm.

-Beau-
“Jen!” I cried out as I knelt over Jen and grabbed her face, “Jen.”

“I’m gunna kill ‘em,” Kris said as he appeared behind Geno and his eyes were wide when he saw Jen.

“We have to get her to a hospital!” I yelled and Geno nodded his head, “Where’s Sid?!”

“Sid!” Geno yelled and Kris cursed.

I heard growling and looked to my side to see that the dog was getting up, “Stay down!” I growled and looked like I was going to punched the dog, but he snarled, “I said stay down!”

“Get lost!” Geno yelled as he kicked the down the dog and looked back towards us, “Let’s go.”

I nodded my head and ripped open my button down shirt and wrapped it around Jen’s arm. Her eyes were closed and she was wincing, shaking in pain. I picked her up and followed Geno out of the hallway. We walked into the other room and saw that Sidney had pinned Andy to the wall and was holding back from hurting him.

“Police!” I heard and looked up to see two officers walking into the house, “What seems to be the pro- Holy shit, you’re guys are-What happened here?” he asked when he saw Jen.

“They broke into my house!” Andy yelled and Sidney pulled him forward and threw him against the wall.

“Tell the whole story!” Kris growled and an officer walked over towards them and pulled Sidney off of Andy.

“Ok, ok, let him go,” the one officer said as the other called for an ambulance for Jen.

-Marc-
We had just gotten situated in our hotel room and Coach had just said that there was food downstairs for us. Sidney, Geno, Kris, Beau and Jen should be on a flight to Toronto with Jen’s dog by now; they should be here in a few hours.

We were in conference room eating a grilled chicken and broccoli dinner; I was listening to a conversation with Pascal and Chris about their kids when I started to text Vero.

“Yo Flower, you in the net tomorrow?” Tyler asked me and I shook my head.

“Naw, Coach is putting Jen in, she’s never played this team before so he wanted to give her a shot,” I said and Tyler nodded my head.

“She’s pretty good,” he said and I snorted.

“She’s more than pretty good,” I sighed, “She just might be even better than me, maybe just a little.”

“Just a little?” Pascal laughed as he listened into our conversation, “I think that-“

“WHAT?!” Coach yelled from on the other side of the room and everyone shot our heads in that direction, “WHAT DO YOU MEAN- IS SHE-“

“What happened?” I asked and the guys shook their heads.

“Coach said ‘she’,” Cooke said, “Think it’s Jen?”

We all watched as Coach stood up and stormed out of the room, “Mario! We have a problem,” Coach said and then he walked out of the room.

“Something’s wrong,” Pascal said and I grabbed my phone and called Sidney.

“Not a good time-“

“What happened?” I asked, cutting Sidney off after he answered the phone on the third ring, “Coach said ‘she’, is Jen all right?” I looked up to see that the guys were crowding around me, apparently I was the first one to think about calling one of the guys. Sidney sighed and then I heard him talking to someone saying that he was talking to me, “Sid-“

“She’s pretty badly hurt, I think that you’re going to be in the net for a while,” Sidney said and I looked at the table confused.

“Why? What happened?” I asked.

“We went to the prick’s house to get her dog and he sent a German Shepherd after us. The dog went after Jen,” Sidney explained and my eyes widened.

“What happened?” Tyler asked.

“Is Jen all right?” Kunitz asked.

“Flower-“

“Shut up!” I yelled at the others and covered my other ear, “Where are you?”

“Hospital,” Sidney answered, “She’s getting stitches, we’re gunna catch the flight in the morning for Toronto.”

“What happened to the prick?”

“Arrested,” he said and then sighed, “But we’re in trouble too.”

“Why?”

“We broke into the house to get the dog,” Sidney said and I growled and rubbed my face.

“Fils de pute, merde, tu dois être moi putain!” (Son of a bitch, shit, you’ve gotta be fucking me) I growled and then ran a finger through my hair.

“What?” Pascal asked the only other person here that spoke French.

“Speak English, Flower!” Sidney yelled and I sighed.

“Are you guys fuckin' insane?!”