Status: Formerly 'The Path of Self Destruction.' Sorry, I changed the name again ;p

Even the Sun Sets in Paradise

'I Think I Can Look After Myself'

Chapter 2
I browsed through my wardrobe of new outfits. Julie had taken me shopping the previous day and to say she’d spoiled me would be an understatement. I probably had more clothes than I could wear in an entire lifetime. Tonight was the night of the house party. I’d never been to anything like this in my life. I didn’t really have friends back in London so I was really nervous about it. I’d chosen to wear a short black skirt, slightly tighter than I felt comfortable with, and a comic print zip front bralet. Ellis had warned me, ‘Your childish floral princess like attire won’t cut it.’ Still, I couldn’t resist adding a pair of cute gold heart earrings and some black heels with a flower on. I’d left my hair loose to fall in its natural waves, and applied minimal make-up.
(http://www.polyvore.com/jennas_outfit/set?id=90435625 )
“Look at you,” Ellis admired as I walk down the stairs, “I’m gonna have to keep an eye out, make sure no dickheads try it on with ya.”
“Oh please, I think I can look after myself,” I laughed, although I felt more reassured knowing he was there to look out for me.
“Whatever,” he joked, “What you drinking? Beer or liquor?”
“Neither. I don’t drink,” I told him. His face fell.
“Shit, I forgot, I’m sorry,” he sighed.
“Don’t worry, it’s fine,” I assured.
“Are you gonna be alright tonight? I must warn you, people do get pretty smashed.”
“Yeah, I’ll be fine. It’s in the past isn’t it?” I forced a smile but the memories returned and I flinched. I fetched myself a can of coke, trying to block it all out, praying I’d get through the night without breaking down.

An hour later and the party was in full swing. The house was full and the music was unbearably loud and I couldn’t help feeling slightly claustrophobic. I took a sip of my drink, but I was feeling nauseous, and it made my drink taste funny. Still, I was parched so I drank it nonetheless.
“Hey sexy,” some guy said, as he tried to stick his tongue down my throat.
I turned round and carried on walking, pushing him away as I disappeared into the crowd. It was gone midnight, and by now, I’d gotten used to the totally pissed jerks trying it on with me, but it scared me nonetheless. I headed towards the back door and went out into the garden to get some air. Leaning against the wall, I took another sip of my drink, trying desperately to calm my nerves.
“Hi,” a guy said, appearing beside me. I stepped backwards, but all the guy did was reach out his hand. I relaxed slightly.
“I’m Rowan, the guitarist in After Dark,” he smiled, “You’re Jenna, Ellis’s cousin right?”
“Yeah,” I muttered, feeling a bit woozy. I recognised Rowan from the picture Ellis had shown me. He was dark haired, fairly short and had nice brown eyes.
“Not used to this huh? Bet all the guys are trying it on with you,” he laughed.
“Yeah,” I said quietly, forcing a smile and trying to look confident. I was not good in social situations.
“Doesn’t surprise me much. Don’t worry, stay with me, I’m not gonna try it on with you.”
“You sure?” I laughed, raising my eyebrows.
“Yeah, didn’t Ellis tell you?”
“Tell me what?” I asked innocently.
“He’s bent as they come,” a figure called, grabbing Rowan in a headlock and ruffling his hair.
“Ahh, fuck off,” he muttered, “Jenna this is Cyrus. He’s our singer. Cyrus, this is Ellis’s cousin.” Cyrus stuck out his hand and I shook it timidly; his eyes were bloodshot and I was cautious to the fact he was off his face.
“You’re a gorgeous girl aren’t ya? If you weren’t Ellis’s cousin I’d be all over ya’,” he chuckled, and I hoped he was joking.
“Oh give her a break Cyrus,” Rowan sighed.
“Relax,” he cried, “I was having a laugh.”
“Sure you were.”
“Whatever, you smoking or what?” he asked, holding up a joint. I recognised it straight away, feeling an invisible weight suddenly land on my shoulders.
“Nah mate, I’m good,” Rowan mumbled, dismissing the offer with a wave of his arm. At least someone at this party had some common sense.
“Suit yourself. How about you gorgeous?” My heart filled with hatred as I looked down at the substance that was partially responsible for the wreck that my life had become.
“Where’s Ellis?” I asked them, completely ignoring the question.
“I take that as a no then,” Cyrus shrugged, sauntering off.
“God, he’s a dick when he’s stoned,” Rowan sighed, “I swear he’s not normally like this.”
“I hope not,” I whispered, “Where’s Ellis?” I asked again.
“Probably fucking some girl upstairs,” he said absentmindedly.
“Thanks for the mental images, that’s my cousin,” I laughed, cringing at the thought.
“Sorry hun,” he smirked, “Hey, why don’t we go inside and join the party?” I was still feeling a little bit dizzy but Rowan seemed easy to talk to, and I knew I’d feel more relaxed having someone with me. Besides, I couldn’t stay outside all night.
“Sure.”
Rowan pushed through the crowd of people, most of them drunkenly dancing or stumbling around. It unnerved me a bit but I forced myself not to think about it. My head was pounding now and I grabbed onto someone to steady myself. The room was spinning but I carried on dancing. I felt some guy come up behind me and he started grinding against me, and that’s the last thing I remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I gained my first subscriber...but then I lost them :(

Love you guys <3

Ella xoxox