Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Her Favorite Things

Bambi is sure there is some kind of spell making today drag, from the second she woke up this morning the day has ticked by painfully slow, every second feels like an eternity, it is not until she walks to her English class does she remember why it has been dragging, she is desperate to see Ryan, she opens the door and peaks inside, Ryan is not yet here and Bambi walks to her seat sitting down.

Bambi is in a good mood today she woke up to the light touch of a pretty fairy dancing on her arm, it was very pretty with big pink wings and big eyes like Bambi, it had brought a smile to her mouth. Bambi is not sure if these things she sees are real or if by sheer will she imagines them, the fact that no one else sees them does make her doubt her sanity but then she remembers why the fairies make her smile and why she likes to believe she does see them and she is fine again.

Bambi busies herself getting out her notebook and her favorite purple pen, purple is Bambi’s absolute favorite color, she wonders what Ryan’s favorite color is, she starts thinking of what colors he might like when he walks in the room. Like always Ryan ‘s hair is disheveled and Bambi wants to run her fingers through it, he wears a vest over a plain t-shirt with skinny jeans, she smiles when she sees him. Ryan glances at Bambi she is sitting in her usually seat, like always Bambi is wearing a dress, Ryan has never seen her in pants and he wonders why that is. They dress falls above her knees and Ryan has never noticed what pretty knees she has, she has a small scar on her left knee and he wants to know how she got it.

“Afternoon Alice” Ryan says smiling brightly at her, he walks to his desk dropping his notes and worksheets off before he walks over to Bambi, he sits down next to her, “How did you sleep”

“Very well thank you” Bambi replies ever polite, she bites her lips to stop the smile from completely covering her face, “How did you sleep?”

“Not well”

“Oh?”

“Yes, there was the girl stuck on my mind all night,” Bambi bites her lips, Bambi is not good at flirting and Ryan can sense her hesitation, “She had these magnificent eyes and this beautiful smile” Bambi’s smile somehow manages to grow wider, she is not sure it can get any wider without breaking her face, “And her hair smells like honey and she sits in the middle row of my English class every day with her ever present purple pen and innocent smile”

“I’m sorry she would not leave your thoughts alone last night” Bambi says trying to fight the smile, Ryan moves his hand to graze the side of Bambi’s face,

“Oh that’s okay, I really didn’t mind” Bambi giggles, Ryan stares at her pink lips they are shiny under the fluorescent lights and he wants to kiss them so badly, he wants to kiss Bambi so badly, “Alice” He says but he is interrupted by the noisy arrival of other students, he pulls away before anyone sees him and Bambi sitting closely, he stands and greets the other students. As hard as he tries he cannot stop thinking of Bambi’s pretty kissable lips, they distract him the entire lesson.

When class finishes Bambi purposefully takes her time packing up, Ryan watches her from behind his desk noticing the small smile perched on her lips, he waits for the last student to leave, Bambi sits on the edge of the table and smiles up at her teacher, he walks over to her. Bambi’s face goes serious as her heart beat skyrockets, her palms are sweaty, Bambi really wants to kiss her teacher. He stands in front of her with an intense expression, she does not understand it and she cannot stop thinking about touching his face and kissing his lips, and cheeks and nose and every inch of his beautiful skin.

“I want to kiss you Bambi… Do you want to kiss me?” Ryan asks standing close to Bambi she remains sitting unsure her legs will remain stable enough for her to stand, Bambi’s heart leaps into her throat and she nods not really trusting her voice. Ryan slowly moves as close as he can, Bambi is not sure what to do with her hands and she cannot help but imagine she is snow white being saved by Ryan’s kiss.

Ryan leans in his breath coming out shallow, he has kissed many girls but never has it made his head spin, he lightly, so softly places his lips against Bambi’s, he pulls away slightly staring at this young girl, she stares up at him underneath her big doe eyes and he leans in kissing her softly again, it feels like butterfly wings and fireworks on the fourth of July and blowing out her candles on her birthday and Bambi does not want it to end. Ryan has the sweetest lips, he pulls away and rests his forehead against hers, his breath fans her face and it smells like mint and coffee it is suddenly her favorite scent in the entire world.
♠ ♠ ♠
And like he stole your innocence he will steal your happiness too, prepare yourself naive girl.
Image