Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Dead.

Bambi holds her phone to her ear with shaking hands, her father’s words bounce around her mind trying to find a meaning that makes sense but the senseless words just continue to bounce. “Alice?” Her father asks, he has been talking this whole time and Bambi has not noticed, she has completely forgotten everything she glances at Ryan and he is watching her with a look of worry, she is not sure what to tell him, she is not sure what has happened all she does know is Karla is dead and it makes absolutely no sense to her.

“I’m… I’m here”

“Where’s here I’ll come get you?”

“I’m with Ryan” She says,

“Who?” Bambi pauses as she hears the words that have been thrown from her mouth in such haste, she gasps a little and Ryan is staring at her with raised eyebrows, she knows he must be wondering what is going on but she cannot really focus on anything at the point.

Karla is dead,

“A friend” Bambi lies, “I’m at school, I just finished tutoring” Ryan stares with anticipation as Bambi hangs up her phone, tears are heavy in her eyes but Bambi will not cry, she will not let a tear shed. “I need to go” Bambi says suddenly standing,

“Wait Alice” Ryan calls as she jumps up grabbing her things and leaving in a haste, he is still clueless as to what has made Bambi acct so strangely, all he knows is someone is dead and he is worried for Bambi, he is scared it might be her mum because he knows she will not be able to handle that on top of everything.

Bambi does not stop though, she is already running down the hallway, Ryan runs after her catching up and grabbing her wrist, “What?” She asks as she stares at Ryan with absolute confusion he is almost certain she does not recognize him and he is terrified because Bambi’s pretty eyes look dead.

“What happened?”

“Karla is dead… And it’s all my fault”

Bambi rushes away after her ridiculous declaration and Ryan calls after her to no avail, she is gone and he is not sure what to do, part of him feels numb but the other part is so very, very grateful that Bambi is okay, well maybe not mentally but at least physically. Ryan is scared because the longer he spends with Bambi the stranger she gets and he is not sure how much more this fragile girl can handle.

Karla is dead… And it’s all Bambi’s fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
Didn't you see the clue?
It was right in front of you the whole time.
Image