Status: Inactive for lack of motivation and feedback.

The Witch and the Sorcerer

Tony's "Brilliant" Idea

Loki walked down the hallways of the Avengers Tower in search of his brother. He listened carefully for Thor’s massive, lumbering footsteps or his booming voice. When he heard footsteps of another, he backed away and searched in a different direction. He did not want to confront any of the Avengers at the moment. He just wanted to speak with his brother before finding which room they would put him in, while giving Avery some time to herself. He walked up a staircase. It was lit with can lights in the ceiling, and curved to a room where sunlight was streaming down the wall. He could hear the low grumble of his brother’s voice, accompanied with a few others. Their tones seemed calm, so he proceeded up the staircase, hoping to pull Thor away for a moment before finding something else to do.
Loki climbed the curved staircase and was greeted by a large lounge room, one similar to the one he confronted Stark in, then was attacked by the Hulk. He knew it was probably the same room. Inside, Thor was sitting on a couch in Midgardian wear. Stark, as usual, was behind the bar pouring himself a drink, while Dr. Banner was sitting at the bar, typing away on a laptop. Loki nervously walked in the doorway.

“Mm!” Tony said, his mouth full of alcohol as he spotted Loki.

He swallowed and pointed to Loki.

“Reindeer Games!” he said.

Loki glared at him.

“Brother, he merely jests,” Thor said, “Please come in and sit with us.”

Loki took a deep breath.

“We won’t bite,” Tony said.

Loki bit the inside of his cheek and slowly walked in. Thor looked up worriedly at him. Loki looked to him like a fawn timidly approaching food. One false movement, and Thor feared he would run.

“You look tired brother,” he observed.

Loki nervously scratched at the inside of his palm.

“One would be after channeling so much dark energy,” he replied flatly.

Thor sighed. He knew whatever demonic magic the creatures had possessed, it was vile. Intense as Chitauri possession, but evil beyond anything Thor could imagine.

“Is she okay?” Thor asked in a small voice, uncharacteristic of the usually loud man.

Loki blinked slowly as he nodded.

“That shouldn’t have happened. It will take her days to return to power,” he said, gritting his jaw in anger.

“Well, it is a good thing she’s okay. That’s all that matters,” Thor said, trying to be optimistic.

“We can keep her safe until her power returns,” Tony offered.

Loki’s head snapped over to Tony, surprised in the billionaire. Tony stared at Loki with wide eyes, not sure whether he should have spoke.

“Do not fret, brother,” Thor said, “For now, relax with us.”

Loki sighed. How could he relax? There were demons on the loose, creating portals between the Realms, causing universe-wide chaos. Avery was on the brink of a meltdown, and he felt helpless.

“Would you like that drink now, Loki?” Tony asked, trying to lighten the mood with the joke.

Loki rolled his eyes.

“I’m just trying to help, man. That’s all. No tricks. No tension,” he added.

When Loki looked at Tony, the man of snarky remarks nearly choked on his drink. Loki’s expression held one of uncertainty and a sense of gloom and vulnerability. His eyes were sad, and a mix between pale green and gray. Not the same blue of the madman that tried to possess him, then choked him and sent him flying out the window. Avery was right, and now he saw Loki’s change fully.

“Not at the moment,” Loki replied.

Tony nodded.

“Fair enough,” he said.

Loki turned and sat on the couch, his arms crossed over his chest and cast his eyes downward.

“Well,” Banner spoke up, “We are grateful that you’re here. We really could use your help.”

Loki glanced up at him.

“The others may not be,” Tony said, “but we are. We couldn’t have taken that hoard by ourselves.”

Loki said nothing.

“Thor said you didn’t know what they were,” Dr. Banner said.

“Avery knows more than I do,” he said, “I know they were once an extinct species of demon.”

“How does she know?” Tony asked curiously.

“She specializes in the dead,” Thor spoke up.

“Don’t say it like it is a title,” Loki spat, “Her dealings with the dead are over. She knows of these demons, but I will not force her back into the life Mother saved her from.”

Thor frowned.

“I did not mean any insult, Loki. I only meant that her knowledge of that world is vast. She is the only hope we have at this point,” he said.

Loki looked from his brother to the two scientists. He had a feeling they already knew too much about Avery, and he didn’t trust them. They would pump all they could out of her. They would wring her dry of her magic for their own gain. He would be damned to let that happen.

“She will provide the help she can give, but she is not as strong as she used to be. I refuse to have any more pressure placed on her shoulders than need be,” he said sternly.

Tony and Banner nodded.

“Deal,” Banner said.

They were silent for a moment. Tony topped off his drink and approached Loki.

“What do you think the demons will do next?” he asked the long-haired man.

Loki’s eyes wheeled up to look at him.

“I know not,” he said quietly.

Loki stood.

“Just stay on high alert.”

The scientists nodded. Loki opened his mouth again, ready for the offered drink when a feeling crept up his side, penetrating him deep. An all-consuming, emotional pain ripped through him—a pain not his own. It felt lonely, longing for compassion, but at the same time, fighting it. Although, there was not much fight. Loki closed his eyes and shook his head.

“What’s the matter, Loki?” Banner asked softly.

“I’m fine. I’ll return later, perhaps,” he said.

A collection of unsure “okays” came from the scientists. Loki, out of respect, bowed his head before turning on his heel and descending down the staircase. As he walked, he held a finger in the air and spun it, trading out his heavy armor for a more comfortable green tunic, black vest that flowed to his knees, and comfortable olive green pants with softer, lighter brown boots. As he walked, Barton walked by him. Loki made eye contact with him, but said nothing. Barton merely nodded and kept his distance. Loki knew he would eventually have to make amends with the marksman, for he may need his assistance, but for now, his heart was tugging him in a different direction.

***

I sat in the window seat of my room, letting the sunlight warm me. I had pulled out a few of my tools, including a few candles, purifying incense that was now burning in a small cauldron, a piece of Amethyst, Black Tourmaline, and Labradorite in my lap. I lit the white candle with a small cigarette lighter.

“Mother Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and Spirit; I ask thee to Cleanse my body of all negative energies,” I recited.

I then lit the black candle and repeated before lighting the green.

“Mother Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and Spirit; I ask the to Free and heal my body from all negative forces. Blessed be,” I said, my voice cracking at the end.

The energy from my stones vibrated through my knees, the Amethyst creating a tingling sensation and drained the physical pain from my body. The Black Tourmaline calmed me as I watched the little votives burn and breathed in the smell of the incense. The Labradorite, remained calm, but as I looked at it, it triggered my emotional releases. I felt my chest knot up involuntarily, and my eyes burned. I didn’t want to release this way, but the forces knew differently.
I let out a shaky breath and looked down at my candles. The black and white remained steady, but the green flickered violently. A smile crept up onto my face. I blew out my candles and placed the rocks back inside their velvet pouches. I pulled the drawstrings ever so slowly, reluctant to acknowledge the new presence in the room. After finally packing the Tourmaline away, I pulled my knees to my chin.

“Come here, Loki,” I said softly.

Loki shimmered to visibility, standing with his feet apart and his hands casually held behind his back. He didn’t move as he curiously looked around the room.

“It may not be home, but this room is nice enough,” he said lightly.

I glanced up at him. He was trying to change the subject. Distract me.

“I can assure you, we won’t be here long,” I said bitterly.

Loki laughed.

“I agree, darling Avery,” he said.

I looked away from him and down to my candles. The mood grew heavier with the silence.

“Why do you fight yourself so much?” he asked.

I let out a humorless laugh.

“You could sense that?” I said, not really asking.

Loki slowly approached me.

“Part of being an expert liesmith is to be able to read emotions well,” he said.

He walked over to the window seat and delicately picked up my tools, setting them on the dresser nearby to give himself space to sit down. He sat at my feet and leaned over to me, his back to the window and his eyes trying to lock with mine.

“However, I can read you far easier, my dear,” he went on, “I can almost hear you fighting a summon, Ave. If you wanted my presence so badly, why did you fight it?”

I blinked, fighting down my emotions. I felt foolish. I knew better than to think I could hide from Loki. We had been too open with each other in the time we had known each other. Too bonded. I could not mask my pain, as much as I wanted to. To hide it. To fight it on my own.

“So, I wouldn’t be weak,” I whispered.

The weight of my own words struck a nerve, and I had to clench my jaw tightly to hold everything back.

“Darling, you are not weak,” he said, leaning down and holding the side of my neck, the gentle touch of affection only making things worse.

“Loki, look at me!” I exclaimed, “I didn’t used to be this way. Just let my emotions get the best of me. Crack at the drop of a hat!”

“I don’t blame you, sweetheart,” he said, “What’s happened to you…I can’t imagine how broken you must feel. Banished, left to be abused by the scum of the Earth, then the news of Frigga’s death, not to mention your sudden injury in Jotunheim.”

I bit my lip and looked away from him, shaking hard to keep myself from crying. That was the last thing I wanted to do. Loki climbed to his knees and cupped my face in his hands. I looked up to see his eyes, a mixture of blue and green, pierce through mine.

“It hurts me too, you know? Seeing such a strong, beautiful woman so lost,” he said softly.

I wanted to crumble to pieces and smack the crap out of him at the same time. I had to resort to looking out the window. Loki sighed and slipped his fingers under my bent knees, guiding my legs into his lap as he scooted closer to me. He ran a hand over my hair and down, lightly combing through my hair as he coaxed me to him. I looked up to him as his fingers gently caressed my cheek. His eyes were pleading with me.

“Avery,” he said, his voice holding authority, “I promise you, I will help you. You just have to let me.”

My eyes watered up. I wanted him to. God, how I wanted him to, but my pride and dignity would not let me. I felt weak, though I knew I was not. However, to let Loki help me made me feel like I had lost my independence. It was not like I didn’t want him, because I needed him, but I was torn between holding on to the last shreds of independence that I had, and letting Loki pull me out.

“I don’t want you to help me. I can do this,” I said, my tone betraying me.

Loki shook his head and moved his hand to hold my cheek.

“Not an option,” he said, “Let me bring you back up again. Please?”

I shook my head. Loki let out a small growl and grabbed my wrists. I tried to recoil, but his grip was firm.

“Loki,” I tried to argue.

I squirmed, but it was no use.

“Avery, stop it!” he growled through his teeth.

I let out a cry and could no longer keep my emotions in check.

“You need me, Ave, and I need you. Don’t block me out,” he pleaded.

I quit trying to yank myself away from him looked at him. Loki held up his hand, producing a small, purple spring flower. I watched it in awe.

“Release the rest of that dark energy, sweetheart,” he said.

He gently blew on the flower. It burst into purple dust and it quickly absorbed into my skin. I let out a sob and Loki quickly gathered me up, rocking me back and forth as he consoled me.

“There you go,” he murmured, “You’re okay. Just let it out.”

I clutched the hem of his vest and buried myself into his chest. Loki perched his chin on top of my head and held me tightly. I felt the negative energy rushing out of me. I wanted to release the rest of it so badly, but I had wanted to find a way that didn’t result in me being a blubbering mess. This seemed to be the only way. I cried angrily, then cycled to sheer misery and pain. Everything that demon wanted me to feel, I felt it, fought it, and released it.

“There. Is that not better?” he asked, his voice delicate.

I sniffed and tried to collect myself. In truth, I did feel like a weight had been lifted from me. A witch, especially one that deals with the strong powers of the dead, has to work with different emotions at once. People of magic, such as Loki and myself, feel much more and are far more sensitive to ourselves and our surroundings, be they people or place. When you cycle through endless love, happiness, and bliss or hate, fear, and loneliness, it can take its toll. It is essential to release that energy to keep you sane, happy, and healthy. If it collects, you can loose your nerve, your senses, and inevitably destroy yourself. If you don’t laugh, cry, smash a mirror, or anything else, you will not heal. You must cleanse and surround yourself in things that make you feel like you. In my case, I invited magic.

“It is. Thank-you,” I replied quietly.

Loki smiled and pressed his lips to mine. They were warm, and no less than loving. He made me feel restored in a way no else could. Restoring my hope in myself, my ability to see the light in my life, and to turn the love switch back on. How I lived so long without him was beyond me.
I pulled away from his kiss and hugged him.

“Are you okay, though? You didn’t look so good when you flushed me,” I said.

He gave me a tired smile.

“I’m fine. I’ve learned to block out dark energy. It doesn’t have much of an effect on me. I just hated the thought of that energy inside of you,” he said sadly.

I sighed and kissed his cheek.

“Well, it’s over now. Time to forget about it and move on,” I said.

Loki smiled. I placed my hand on his cheek, slowly rubbing my thumb over his cheekbone.

“What would I do without you, my dear Loki?” I asked playfully.

Loki just grinned and took one of my hands, kissing my knuckles.

“I wonder the same, darling,” he said softly, making me smile like an idiot.

He gently slid out from under my legs and laid them back on the seat before standing. I watched as he slid his vest off.

“Loki?” I asked, “Can I ask you something?”

Loki folded his vest and laid it neatly on the bed.

“Yes, love,” he replied.

“Even if it’s sensitive?” I asked.

Loki looked at me over his shoulder. His expression was hard to read, but I detected a hint of worry in his eyes. He turned to face me and sat on the edge of the bed.

“What troubles you so, darling?” he asked.

The look on his face broke my heart. They way his eyebrows moved up, like a sad child with large, pleading eyes. I turned to face him fully and reached over to take his hands, mine not able to wrap around his much larger hands. Loki gently wrapped his fingers around my hands, his thumbs absently rubbing the tops.

“I just wanted…wanted to know what happened to you,” I said, keeping my eyes cast down in fear of what his reaction would be.

Loki remained quiet and calm, but his thumbs ceased movement.

“With the Chitauri?” he asked.

I meekly nodded. Loki groaned.

“Ave,” he said, making my look up at him, “That is not an image I want you to see.”

I watched as pain crossed his features. I didn’t want to cause a fight or bring up the nightmares, but I wanted to at least know how he came to killing thousands under the control of the damned Chitauri.

“I don’t want to know the dirty details. I was just curious.”

I peeked up through my hair, gauging his reaction timidly. He just smiled at me. He leaned over and took my chin in between his fingertips.

“Nothing good comes out of your curiosity,” he said jokingly.

I smiled and gently pushed his hand away. He snatched my hand and kissed my knuckles through a smile.

“You really wish to know?” he asked.

I merely nodded. His face fell to a frown and he let go of my hand. I watched as he stood, his towering form turning as he crossed his arms to lift his shirt. I caught a glimpse of his abs as he turned to show me his back. What I saw made me gasp. Loki turned his head awkwardly to look at me over his shoulder.

“It was much worse,” he said sadly.

I stood and cautiously approached him. Coming from his spine, a jagged scar was present on his pale skin. I stared at in horror. The scar has nearly six inches long, and had regenerated improperly. It made me sick, thinking about it. Whatever it was that had caused the scar had permanently damaged the area. Loki, like any Aesir, had extremely dense skin and regenerated a an extremely high rate. With his magic, he could put his head back on in the case of it being severed, and live to tell the tale. This scar was not going away for a while, and it was a permanent reminder of what happened to him.

“I refused a command, and they pinned me to a rock with the scepter. They claimed they needed my blood spilt on the blade to claim loyalty, when all they needed my blood for was completion of possession of my mind and soul.”

I bit my lip and gently touched the skin below the scar.

“It still stings,” he murmured.

I grabbed the hem of his tunic and guided it back down to cover his skin. I then hugged his left arm with one arm and wrapped the other around his waist, laying my cheek against his soft sleeve. I could only imagine what happened to him. The toll it must have taken on him.

“The Chitauri wanted Midgard, and they thought using an Asgardian sorcerer was their best bet into getting what they wanted. I would not go willing, so they took my mind as their’s, taking advantage of my powers. My skills with words and my want of a throne. When they captured me, I told them of my petty fight with Thor and Odin. Acting like a fool. I neglected to tell them what I told Thor. That I never wanted the throne. I just wanted to make my brother envious. They used that as their main vehicle of manipulation.”

I felt him tense up. I glanced up to see him grinding his teeth and glaring at nothing in deep thought.

“A mere pawn,” he said, disgusted, “Seems as if that’s been my only role.”

I sighed and looked back down. I gave him a light squeeze and nuzzled his arm. What had happened, what with Odin using him to create a truce between the Asgardians and the Frost Giants, leading him on to believe he could be a king—that he had a chance, then fighting for survival in worlds foreign to him, forced into working for the Chitauri, having his mind tinkered with, after already experienced emotional trauma. I knew he felt betrayed and alone, but he had done heroic things. He was trying so hard in a realm he could not truly call home. His identity was muddied. The puzzle pieces of his life were scattered and lost. I wished there was something I could do. Loki was exceedingly intelligent, not to mention powerful. He could do anything as King that he set his mind to. He could prove he could be as good, if not better than Odin. He just needed to find solid ground again.

“Don’t be so perceptive of yourself,” I said, closing my eyes as I tried to transfer loving energy to him.

Loki shuddered, and at first I thought it was from feeling the transfer, but he then spun out of my grasp. I just knew I had pissed him off and said something I should have kept trapped in my mouth, but when he collided into my with a crushing hug, I tossed that thought aside and hugged him.

“There is more meaning to your life than slaving for someone else, my darling Loki,” I said softly.

Loki hugged me tighter, as if shrinking into me, and nuzzled his face into the top of my head.

“Even when no one else believes so,” I said, “I do.”

Loki sniffed and kissed the side of my head.

“That’s what I’ve always loved about you, sweet Avery. Seeing the good in everything,” he said.

I smiled up at him and reached up on tip-toe, coaxing his head down so I could kiss him. I smiled when we parted. Loki pressed his forehead to mine and held his arms around my waist.
On high, a noise made us part. It sounded of jet engines, and I knew we were in trouble.

“S.H.I.E.L.D.,” Loki whispered.

I watched Loki nervously.

“They find out you’re here and they’ll kill you,” I said.

He nodded.

“I’m going to go scope the scene. You stay here,” he said.

I opened my mouth to argue, but as Loki turned to leave, he turned back to me and held up a finger, ready to tell me to shut my mouth. He eyed me suspiciously as his body shimmered, his armor returning to him.

“I know you won’t listen, but pretend to for me,” he teased.

I smiled.

“Of course,” I said.

Loki kissed me before turning and leaving me to my thoughts.

***

“I only speak the truth,” Thor said.

“Yeah, I know. It’s just hard for me to wrap my head around it. You understand, right?” Tony asked as he paced back and forth in front of the sectional.

“I do,” Thor confirmed.

“Even with seeing what I saw in the hall, I just…how in the hell does a god go from being pure evil, out to take over the world and kill whoever is in his way, to something so…human?”

Dr. Banner smiled.

“I may have knocked some sense into him. Literally,” he said, trying not to laugh.

Thor smiled at the doctor and looked from him to Tony.

“He fought honorably in the war with the Dark Elves, despite being a prisoner and losing Mother,” he said.

Tony stopped in his tracks and stared at Thor in surprise.

“He was only alive because of her, and when she died, he had no one left, save for myself. He acted eager to help. It was almost like we were children, again. As strange as that may be. He was up to his usual teasing—that humor I understood, but Mother and Father would scold him for.”

“I can’t believe he risked his life for your girlfriend, though,” Tony spoke up.

Thor just smiled.

“In his mind, he may have been trying to save Avery. Maybe to prove to himself he could do something selfless. I’ve saved Avery for him. It was only right,” he said.

Tony nodded.

“Do you think perhaps, if we treat him and Avery with respect, and they show us respect, do you think that they would join us?” he asked.

Thor smiled warmly.

“The Avengers? As a team? No,” he said.

Tony physically did not seem disappointed, but he felt so on the inside.

“I guess I knew the answer before I asked the question,” he said.

Thor laughed.

“Loki works best on his own. In control of his own actions. However, that doesn’t mean he would not call himself an ally,” he replied.

Tony raised his eyebrows.

“You think so?” he asked the God of Thunder.

Thor nodded.

“‘Cause, I’ve seen the power that guy has. He almost snapped my neck in half,” Tony said animatedly, making the man relaxing on the sectional laugh, “But, and I may be horribly wrong, but I really would like to get him on our side.”

“Keep him away from S.H.I.E.L.D., too. They’ll kill him,” Dr. Banner said.

Tony’s eyes widened and he held a finger up.

“I was about to get to them,” he said.

“Can’t go killing the guy we need. They won’t listen to reason,” Banner continued.

Thor frowned.

“You will not be using my brother as a pawn,” he said.

“No! No, no, no!” Tony replied, “I just…I have this idea, okay? Don’t judge.”

Thor smiled.

“I hold no judgement against you, Stark,” he said.

“Thank-you,” Tony replied.

“I have a feeling I trust Loki more than I trust S.H.I.E.L.D. right now,” Banner said his eyes on his laptop screen.

Thor furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“I agree,” Tony said, “I was…doing some research, and I found some stuff that’s pretty disturbing.”

“Makes you wonder whose side they’re on,” Banner said.

“Not our’s after they find out Loki’s here,” Tony said.

A thundering from above their heads alerted the Avengers.

“Sir,” JARVIS spoke, his voice coming from everywhere, “S.H.I.E.L.D. have arrived.”

Tony picked up a remote control and turned on the television, which was displaying feed from the tower’s cameras. On it, he could see Director Nick Fury, as well as several agents, including Agent Maria Hill, his second in command, armed and ready to defend as they exited their helicopter.

“Thank-you, JARVIS,” Tony said.

Loki appeared in the doorway of the stairs, looking determined as he glanced up at the ceiling, listening to the helicopter wind down.

“Brother!” Thor exclaimed.

He jumped from his seat and quickly approached the younger god.

“How is she?” he asked as softly and caring as he could, careful to pay attention to his tone so he would not set his brother off.

“She’s better, Thor,” Loki said, sounding tired.

“You being in here might not be the best idea right now,” Tony said, quickly approaching the brothers.

Loki narrowed his eyes at the billionaire in confusion.

“Why?” he asked, his voice not holding any kind of irritation to Tony’s surprise.

“If S.H.I.E.L.D. sees you, all hell will break loose,” Dr. Banner spoke up.

“Too late.”

The four men jumped and turned to see a livid Director Fury with his gun raised, pointed right at Loki.

“Mind putting your hands up?” Fury asked venomously.

Thor and Tony backed away from Loki. Loki smiled at the director and turned to fully face him.

“Mind giving me a reason?” he asked, his voice teasing.

“Loki!” Thor hissed.

“I don’t have time for your shit!” Fury barked, “Get your damn hands up before I blast your head off!”

A hissing sound from Loki’s side made Tony jump.

“Yeah, um, no, Nick! Bad call,” he warned.

“Stark! Do not tell me what a bad call is!” Fury shouted.

Tony bit his lip. Red smoke shot out of the ground before a whirlwind of fire swirled beside Loki. To the shock of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, Loki was not phased by the fire so close to him. He just smirked.

***

I spun out of the fire and took a defensive stance in front of Loki. Fury looked like he had shit himself. I smiled wickedly. I held my hands up, feeling a tingling heat as I focused on the guns pointed at Loki and I.

“Don’t touch,” I said.

The agents let out small cries as their weapons burned their hands. All of them dropped their guns, which melted to a puddle of metal on the floor. I let out a chuckle so evil, it scared me. Fury looked at me with his one eye, pissed.

“Who are you?” he asked.

“Angry girlfriend,” Stark muttered.

Loki snorted.

“Avery Dupont. Born and raised in Salem, Massachusetts. I left there and became immortal in 1692 when the Witch Trials took place. I live on Asgard and if you even think about shooting either of us, I will kill you,” I threatened.

Loki chuckled lowly. Fury snarled.

“You think this is fucking funny?” he snapped at Loki.

“I do,” he said confidently.

I felt him put his arm around my waist protectively.

“Shooting me will do you no good if you want to keep your planet safe from demons,” Loki said darkly.

I glanced up at Loki. He was gritting his teeth and burning a hole through Fury with his eyes. The sheer power in his voice gave me the chills.

“I knew you were behind it!” Fury said.

“Do you not listen?” I hissed.

Fury was making a move to come after Loki when I spoke. He then stopped in his tracks.

“Fucking humans,” I griped.

“Avery,” Loki scolded, then turned back to Fury, “Director, your planet is under threat of demonic invasion. The swarm today, I believe, were mere minions to someone else’s elaborate plan. Portals are being opened all over the Nine Realms, and we believe this is their means of entering. I am merely here to help. We know of these creatures. To kill us will gain you nothing.”

Fury stared at us. It was then that the remaining Avengers ran in, all three armed and ready to kill us. Stark sidled up beside me.

“Can you fly?” he whispered, “I mean, I know it’s a stereotype, but—“

“I can,” I replied.

“Can Loki?” he asked.

“Not yet, but I can carry him,” I whispered.

“Good, because we may need to make a run for it,” he said.

I nodded.

“Be that as it may, you are under arrest,” Fury said to Loki.

“I’ll give you a cue,” Tony whispered.

I nodded.

“Oh please!” Loki laughed, “What are my charges?”

“How about the murder of three convicted felons in the Los Angeles area?” Fury tried.

I shuddered. When the hell did that happen?

“I was doing your world a charity,” Loki replied smoothly.

“You killed three men in a warehouse! Did you not think we would find out?” Fury shouted.

“Why were they even alive to begin with?” Loki roared, “Those men were scum! They kept Avery locked up for a year and committed unspeakable acts!”

“Hey! Just because—“

Loki lurched for Fury, but I grabbed his arm to stop him.

“One was raping a woman right in alleyway. Whether she was a prostitute or not is irrelevant. I saved her, and maybe more.”

“They did find three women dead in a bathroom in that warehouse,” a female agent beside Fury spoke.

Loki grinned.

“I fail to see where I’m at fault,” he said.

“Ha! Maybe you will behind bars, then,” Fury said.

I felt Tony tap me, and Dr. Banner walked by with his laptop in tow.

“That’s debatable,” Loki argued.

I turned to Loki and took his chin my fingers.

“Loki, darling,” I said.

He reluctantly pulled his attention from Fury to me.

“Deploy,” I heard Tony say.

Mjolnir flew out of nowhere, sailing over the agents heads.

“I’m sure,” Tony said, “He would love to go with you, but we have to save the world from an inevitable apocalypse.”

Tony’s suit flew to him. Thor began swinging Mjolnir.

“Hold on to me,” I ordered.

Loki looked confused.

“Stark, don’t you—"

Fury was cut off by Tony blasting out the far window as his helmet closed. I took Loki’s jacket in my fists.

“Miss Dupont, what do you think you’re doing?” Fury snapped.

Smoke was beginning to billow from my feet. I just let out a wicked laugh, then soared off with Loki, following Stark and Thor out the window, the four of us becoming criminals on the run within five seconds.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Please comment and subscribe.