Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Sixty Four

A few days had passed; Pat made my holiday surprisingly pretty great. We didn’t have a big Christmas feast, ended up having breakfast for dinner. Mike, Emma and Nick came over and were just as surprised as I was to see Pat there. I smiled brightly when Mike patted his back and thanked him when he didn’t think I was paying attention. The five of us spent Christmas together and had a pretty great time.

We had a game two days after Christmas against the Hurricanes and we won with the final score of four to two, we had a game against the Flyers and we won with the final score of four to one, I was lucky to find that their ruthless Russian, Kokorin was suspended for a few games after a hit he made on a Toronto player about a week ago.

It was New Year’s Eve, we were in New Jersey facing the Devils, it was an early game and then right after I had a flight to Chicago that many didn’t know about. Mike and I had an argument about it, but I told him that I needed to get out of Pittsburgh, I needed time to myself and he didn’t like it, but agreed.

There was five minutes left in the game and we were up by two. Marc was playing really well, only letting one puck past him. I managed to get a goal, but that was about it, I would admit that my head really wasn’t in the game, too excited about my plans for the weekend.

By the end of the game, we won with the final score of three to one. We all headed for the locker room, did our interviews, showered, changed and then headed for the bus. We were all going to head to the airport together, but I was going to separate from the guys and head to my own destination. My flight was to take off at seven and then it would take me about two hours to fly to Chicago where Pat and Jon would be waiting for me.

We all got to the airport, the bus dropping us off at a private entrance. I grabbed my bag that I was taking to Chicago and got off the bus with the others. Coach came up to me and handed me my ticket and smiled towards.

“Good job today, have a good weekend,” he said and then patted my shoulder, “Happy New Year’s.”

“Thanks Coach, have a happy New Year’s,” I said and then looked over towards Mike and smiled, “Have a Happy New Year, Mikey.”

“You too, Mags,” he said and hugged my tight, “Call me when you get to Chicago.”

“I will,” I said and Emma came up next to Mike and hugged me, I pulled back and winked towards her, “Have a good night,” she giggled and I said bye to them and some of the others, and then headed for the door and towards my destination in the airport.

-Mike-
We were on the plane and I was sitting in the aisle seat watching as Emma pulled her ipod out and started to listen to music.

“Mikey,” I said and saw James looking at me, “Where’s Mags?”

His question got some attention from our teammates that didn’t know my sister’s plans for the New Year’s weekend. The guys were looking around and then asking the same question, my eye caught Kris’ and he was looking around too.

“She went away for the weekend,” I said and the guys looked at me confused, “She’ll be back on the third.”

“Where’d she go?” Marc asked and I just gave him a look and he seemed to get it.

I knew that the only people that she told was Coach, Sidney, Jordan, Max and myself, said that the others didn’t really need to know, or that they would figure it out on their own.

-Maggie-
I was so excited as I walked through the huge Chicago airport. I pulled the bill of my ball cap over my face because there were a lot of people here and I just wanted to save time and not run into people. I found the baggage claim and looked at my phone to see that Pat told me that he and Jon were standing by the big Blackhawks poster.

“Are you serious?” I laughed as I read the text and then looked up and found the poster to be high in the air on the other side of the baggage claim. I pushed my way through the crowd, wheeling my small carry on and made my way to the sign.

The closer I got to the poster, the more people that crowded around that area, and that’s when I noticed and realized that it probably wasn’t their best plan to stand by the poster when they weren’t trying to be noticed.

“There she is!” Pat yelled as he finished signing something for a fan and pulled Jon away, “There’s out Penguin!”

“Hey!” I smiled brightly and he pulled me in for a tight hug and then pulled back and grabbed my bag so that I could hug Jon, “So was it smart to stand in front of your own banner with your faces plastered on it?”

“Yeah, last time I listen to Kaner,” Jon said and I giggled and linked my arms with both of them as I stood in-between them.

“So what’s the plan for tonight?” I asked as we headed outside.

“We’re going to our favorite club, they have this kickass party every year,” Pat said and I giggled and nodded my head.

“I could use a kickass party,” I said and he smirked towards me and I felt Jon’s arm wrap around my shoulder.

“It’s good to see you in person and not on a small phone screen,” he said and I giggled and then hugged him again.

“I know, I’m all totally 3D now,” I said and they laughed and we headed for Pat’s Hummer.

“We watched your game today,” Pat said and I looked at him, “Nice goal.”

“It was too easy, was surprised that I got it,” I said and they shrugged their shoulders.

“So do you need to use the bathroom or something?” Pat asked as we reached his Hummer.

“Uh yeah, what time are we heading out?” I asked as Jon threw my bag in the backseat and let me sit in the front.

“We’re leaving around ten,” Pat said and I nodded my head. He turned his car on and I giggled when rap came through the speakers.

“Can you listen to anything good?” I asked and Jon laughed and Pat playfully glared at me.

“Here, I think you’ll like this,” he said and typed something into his ipod and then hit a button on his stereo. Some kind of club beat came through the speakers and I listened to it. It was all right, I was sure that once I was in the club and had a few drinks in me, I couldn’t find myself dancing to it.

I stole his ipod and started to go through his music as Pat drove out of the airport parking lot. I smiled when I finally saw a song that I knew I liked. I waited until we were on the highway, before I hit play and turned the music up. Pat laughed when he saw what song I played and I smirked towards him, it was Jason Derulo’s new hit, Talk Dirty.

“I love this song! Emma got me hooked on it!” I laughed and then turned the volume all the way up. I could hear the guys laugh as I started to dance in my seat and throw my hands around. I felt Jon tap my shoulder and I looked back towards him to see he was looking out the window on my side; I turned and saw a car with a few teenager boys in the car smirking towards me. I gave a little wave and Jon laughed and Pat shook his head.

We got to Pat’s apartment and I found that he lived in a very nice apartment. He lived on the seventieth floor, only two floors below the top floor. I looked around in awe at his apartment, which by the way was your typical bachelor pad. Pat showed me to my room, a guest bedroom right next to his. I laughed when Jon teased Pat about how he was surprised he didn’t try to trick me into sleeping in his room.

“Fuck off, Tazer,” Pat said and I laughed as Pat leaned against the counter in his kitchen. I came up beside him and wrapped my arm around his shoulder.

“Who knows Pattie, you might get me so bombed that we might wake up spooning,” I teased and Pat stood up and wrapped his arms around me.

“Hey, that sounds like a plan,” he smiled brightly and I laughed and ruffled his hair.

“Then again,” I said and then walked over towards Jon and wrapped my arms around his chest, “I might wake up next to Tazer.”

Jon laughed and threw his arm around my shoulder, “I’m ok with that.”

“Or we could all wake up together in bed,” I teased and the guys looked at each other.

“I’m not ok with that,” they said together and I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

“Never know, alcohol can be a bitch,” I smirked and then kissed Pat’s cheek and headed for my room, “I’m gunna go and get ready.”

“Don’t take too long!” he said and I nodded my head.

-Kane-
As soon as Maggie was out of sight I looked towards Jon to see him smirking, “You are not waking up next to her.”

He laughed and shrugged his shoulders, “You never know, alcohol can be a bitch,” he repeated and I rolled my eyes, “Relax Kaner, I’m not gunna go after your girl.”

“She’s not my girl,” I said and he rolled his eyes.

“Not yet,” he said and I sighed.

“I don’t expect anything to happen,” I said and heard Jon scoff, “But hey, if something does happen, I won’t complain.”

“That’s more I like it.”