Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Seventy Five

-Maggie-
I cleaned up my face, not like I needed to do much; he didn’t get me as much as I got him. I will admit that he landed a few good blows to the ribs and they were a little sore. I walked out of the small bathroom in Pat and my room and Pat was leaning against the wall outside of the door waiting for me.

“Are you all right?” he asked and I smirked and nodded my head, “You sure?”

“I’m fine Pat,” I said and he looked at my hand, I had the wrap up and letting my cut hand breathe, “I’ll be back,” I said as I went to the door.

“Where are you going?” he asked as I opened the door.

“Check on Seguin,” I said and he looked at me, “Stop worrying,” I said and then left the room and headed down the hallway, looking for Tyler’s name on a door. I found that he was rooming with Jamie Benn, I sighed and knocked on the door and Jamie answered and smirked, “He here?”

“Bitchin’ in the bathroom,” he smirked and I rolled my eyes and walked into the room and knocked on the bathroom door.

“What?!”

“Open up!” I growled and the door flung open and I wanted to laugh at what I did to him.

“What do you want?!” he growled and I sighed and pushed him into the bathroom and sat him on the toilet, “What-“

“Shut up!” I yelled and grabbed his chin, lifted up his head and started to help clean his cut, when he went to stop me and I slapped his hand away, “Do you want me to punch you again?!” I yelled when he was giving me a hard time and he pouted and I heard Jamie laughing out in the room.

“Why are you doing this?” he grumbled and I sighed.

“Because you’re an idiot,” I said as I grabbed a Band-Aid and put some ointment on his cut and threw the Band-Aid on to cover the cut on his eyebrow, “But you’re also my temporary teammate,” he looked at me and I just looked down at him, “So suck up your pride, cut the ego shit and deal with the fact that I’m on your team, I’m on your line and I’m just as good as you,” he didn’t say anything and I picked his face up again and started to clean his lip, he winced and pulled back when I touched it, “Oh quit it, ya big baby!”

“That fuckin’ hurt!”

“It should fuckin’ hurt!” I growled and held his face while I cleaned the busted lip.
I worked on the cut on his nose and he sighed and looked down, “You uh- you got some pretty good ones in there.”

I looked at him and saw that he wasn’t looking at me, “Not your scratch your eyes out and pull your hair kind of girl?”

He let out a scoff and smirked a little, “No, not at all.”

He looked up at me and I sighed and started to clean the cut on his nose again, “You got some good ones in too,” I said quietly and he just nodded his head. When I finished his face I sighed and stepped back, “Take your shirt off.”

“What?” he asked and I rolled your eyes.

“I need to make sure your ribs are fine, dumbass!” I growled and he sighed and stood up and took his soaked shirt off and threw it down on the floor, ‘…Holy fuck…’ I thought when I saw his toned abs, ‘…Control yourself, Maggie…’ I thought as I sighed and looked at him, “Does it hurt?”

“No,” he said sarcastically and I glared at him and punched his shoulder, “OW!”

“I’m trying to help you fucker!” I snapped and he sighed and looked towards the wall, “Where does it hurt?” I asked and he motioned towards the right upper part of his abs. I placed my hand on his abs and wanted to drool at the fact that they were solid. I kept my cool and felt for the ribs, he wince at one point and I looked at him. I felt other places, I will admit for my own enjoyment, but mostly to make sure that I didn’t break the poor kid.

“Need a towel?” he asked and I looked up at him confused, “Are you liking the abs?” he asked and I glared at him and put pressure on the sore spot on his side and he groaned.

“Are you done being an ass?” I asked and he just huffed and let me grab the wrapping tape that we used for broken, fractured or sore ribs, to make sure that when we moved, we didn’t make it worse, “Don’t move,” I said as I started to tape his stomach, getting uncomfortably close to him, “There, just take it easy for the rest of the night,” I said and he looked at me and then grabbed my hand when he saw the cuts.

“What happened here?” he asked and saw the wounds.

“Nothing,” I growled and pulled my hand back, “Stop acting like an ass now and actually be a teammate.”

“Fine, tell me what happened to your hand?” he asked and then grabbed my wrist and I grabbed his wrist and twisted it, making him have to turn around and I kicked him to his knees and bent his wrist in fear of breaking it.

“Touch me again, and I’ll make sure I hurt you worse,” I snapped and he nodded his head.

“I’m just trying to be nice,” he growled as I let his arm go.

“Well, be nice and mind your own business too,” I said and then turned around and headed out of the bathroom, “You’re welcome!” I grumbled and left the bedroom, deciding to head downstairs to see what the others were up to.

I walked downstairs and saw Chara, Tuukka, Phil, Pavel, Corey Perry, Jamie, and Marian Hossa. They looked at me and smirked and I sat down next to Phil.

“How are ya feelin’, slugger?” Phil teased and I rolled my eyes and smirked.

“I’m fine,” I said and looked towards Jamie, “When did you leave?”

“After you punched him again, he’s bitchin’ was getting less amusing,” he said and I smirked and nodded my head and looked to see the confused faces, “She was patching Seguin up.”

“What?” Chara asked and I looked at him.

“Your boy’s gunna be fine, though, I would have Doc look at the mid rib section, I might have fractured something,” I said and then Phil, Core, Pavel, Jamie and Marian snickered while Chara just nodded his head.

“Where’d you learn some of those moves?” Tuukka asked and I looked at him.

“I’m a black-belt in karate,” I said and the guys laughed, “What? You expect me to play hockey and not know how to fight? Especially when I play on an all guys team- league!”

“Fair enough,” Tuukka laughed and then shook his head, “Poor Segs, didn’t see that coming.”

“None of us saw that coming,” Pavel said and I smirked.

“Glad I impressed,” I said and they chuckled.

“That happen with your fight with Seguin?” Corey asked and motioned for my unwrapped hand that was on the table.

“Naw, that was another fight,” I said and pulled my hand off of the table and onto my lap.

“With who?” Phil asked.

“With a window and mirror,” I said and then sighed, “I lost those fights.”

“Are they broken?” Chara asked and I nodded my head, “Then you won, just walked away with casualties.”

“Why’d you break a mirror and window?” Pavel asked.

“You never got so pissed that you needed to break something?” I asked and the guys chuckled and they nodded their heads.

“Losing to Vancouver in the first round last playoff,” Marian said and I smirked, talking about how Chicago lost to Vancouver, “Whole locker room was trashed, we were all pissed.”

“Was the same way with Tampa,” I said, talking about how we lost to Tampa in the first playoff round, “Though we were lucky to lose at home and not in Vancouver.”

“Don’t ever get the big guy here pissed;” Tuukka said and then patted his Captain’s chest, “He’s like a one man demolition unit,” we all laughed at that and then I turned to see Mike walking into the kitchen.

“So how do you feel about your sister fighting?” Corey asked and Mike smirked and can up behind me and wrapped his arms around my neck.

“You should totally tell them,” I smiled and Mike looked at me and shook his head, “Tell them!”

“Tell us what?” Phil asked and I smiled brightly.

“No,” Mike said and I giggled.

“Come on!” I begged and he sighed, stood up and pouted, “Mikey!”

“Yeah, come on Mikey!!!” the laughed and I smiled brightly.

“It doesn’t count!” he said and I laughed.

“Aw, now you’re being a sore loser, baby bro,” I teased and he scoffed and then sighed.

“Fine,” he said and I smirked, “Believe it or not,” he said, sounding defeated, “She use to beat me up when we had karate,” he said and the guys laughed loudly, while I smiled brightly and Mike pouted, “But only because I let you!”

I snorted, “Uh huh, sure.”