Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Eight

A week has passed and no one knows about Kris and I, it was really weird that night, we didn’t sleep together, but we got really close. It was kind of funny, every time we would look at each other, one of us or both of us would blush. I was so hard no to jump him every time I saw him.

It was Friday November 19th, 2010, Mike and my parents were flying in Monday, unfortunately we won’t be there to greet them, we’ll be in Florida for our game against the Panthers, then travel to Buffalo for our game the day after that. I had mailed my parents the key to the house and left notes on whose room was whose. I left money for my mom to get anything and everything she needed for the feast that we were going to be having at our house.

It was supposed to be my family and Kris, but Mike had to go and invite the whole damn team, saying that it was football and I had one of the biggest flat screens on the team. I was pretty sure that Mario’s home theater took my seventy inch out of the park. I think it was just Mike selling how I can get a little into the game, that got the guys interested in this dinner. Not all of them are coming, but maybe about ten or so; Sidney, Geno, Max, Jordan, Tyler, Kris, Paul Martin, Marc and his girlfriend, Vero, Ben Lovejoy and Dustin Jeffrey and his girlfriend, Kelly. So about eighteen people were going to be at my house, I told my mom that I would hire her help, but she said that she would make dad and Nick help her, which meant that she would do it all.

“Nice goal,” I smiled towards Geno as he came back from his part in the shootout. We were playing against Carolina, Jordan’s brother, the score had been tied four to four and no one scored in overtime, so here we are in the shootout. Max shot at the net, but it was blocked, Geno made it, now it was Sidney’s turn, he shot it, he scored, we won!

Everyone went onto the ice to congratulate Sidney, and then we skated over towards Marc for trying his best today. We had just won our home game in a shootout.

We went back into the locker room, some people did interviews, I wasn’t one of them, so I grabbed what I needed to grab and then headed into the showers. I saw that Paul Martin had won the prediction for the game, so he got to choose what music we were going to listen to.

When I was in the middle of the shower when I heard Celine Dion playing, the guys groaned, but I laughed. Wouldn’t be the first thing I would pick, but I listened to when I was little because my mom loved it. I hummed to the song as I was in the shower, I could hear some of the guys bitching about the song and then heard Max trying to sing to it, I was cracking up laughing, I really did love these guys.

-Kris-
“Hot damn woman, where’d you pull that outfit from?!” I heard Jordan yell and I turned around, I was fixing my tie at my locker, when I turned I saw Maggie walking out of the shower in a tight black dress, she was barefoot as she headed over towards her stall.

“It’s just something I had,” she said as she knelt down and I gulped when she pulled out a pair of bright red pumps.

“Damn, this girl is ready to go clubbing!” Max said and I watched as Maggie laughed as she put her heels on and I almost went hard right there.

‘…Fuck, she’s gorgeous…’ I thought as I watched her turn back to her stall, looking at the mirror as she did her makeup.

“You tell her yet?” I heard and turned my head to see Geno looking at me, he had muttered it to me. I looked down and smirked, I could feel my face turning a little red, “Is that yes?” he asked and I nodded my head, “It went well?” I nodded my head, “Good for you.”

After everyone was dressed and ready to go, we left the arena and headed for the parking garage. I walked over towards my car and looked up to see Maggie getting in Mike’s car, she looked over towards me and smiled, I could help but smile back.

“You’re drooling,” I heard and turned to see Jordan and Max in front of my car.

“What are you talking about?”

“So is something goin’ on between you and Mags? For real this time,” Jordan asked and I sighed.

I looked over towards Mike’s car and saw that he was pulling out of the parking spot, he was going to meet us at Diesels where we were going to have some fun since we didn’t leave until Sunday and we had all day tomorrow to heal our hangovers.

“Come on Tanger, talk!”

“I don’t know,” I said and looked at them, “I didn’t exactly ask her to be my girlfriend or anything.”

“Are you fuck buddies? Fuck you lucky bitch!” Jordan said and I rolled my eyes.

“No, we’re not that.”

“What the hell have you done then?” Max asked and I smirked.

“We’ve just kissed a few times, that’s it,” I said and the two of them smirked, “Whatever, come on, let’s hit the clubs.”

“So when we’re there, is it safe to say you’ll be with her the whole time?” Jordan asked.

“No, I’ll let her do her thing,” I said, trying to sound as honest as possible, because I really did want to be with her the whole time.

“Oh cool, so you guys aren’t serious,” Max said and looked at Jordan, “So it’s cool if we have a crack at her, you never know, we might get past a kiss.”

“Fuck you guys,” I growled and they laughed.

“And the truth comes out, Tanger’s head over heels for the Mags,” Max laughed and I sighed, “We’re just messin’ with ya man, good for you. We’ll see you at the club.”

-Maggie-
I watched from the VIP balcony as my brother went with Max and Jordan looking for some puck bunnies. I sighed and shook my head as I took a swig of my beer.

“Hey,” I heard and turned to see Sidney walking over towards me.

“Hey Cap.”

“Not in the dancing mood?” he asked.

“Not right now,” I said and he nodded his head, it was weird for me to not be on the dance floor because I loved to dance.

“You all right?” he asked and I nodded my head, “Hey,” he playfully bumped his shoulder into me, “You can tell me anything. What’s wrong?”

‘…That…’ I thought as I saw Kris flirting with two girls by the bar, “Nothing, I’m all right.”

“You’re almost as bad as a liar as me,” he laughed and I smiled towards him, he had a funny laugh and I liked it.

“I usually just tell it as it is,” I said and Sidney chuckled.

“So tell it now,” he said and I looked at him.

“You wanna dance?” I asked and he looked at me a little confused.

“I don’t dance, you know that,” he said and I scoffed.

“Come on Cap, chug that beer and get your ass on that floor,” I smiled towards him and pushed his beer closer to his mouth.

“You horrible,” he said and I laughed and watched as he tilted the beer high in the air and chugged what was left of his beer.

“Get a good buzz?” I asked as he put the empty bottle down.

“No.”

“Too bad, come on,” I laughed as I took his hand and pulled him down the stairs and towards the dance floor, listening to him keep telling me that this was a horrible idea, “Come on Crosby, live a little!” I smiled as I turned around, had both of his hands and went deeper into the pit.

A remix techno hip hop song blasted through the speakers and I just started dancing, Sidney laughed and shook his head and started to dance as well, my god, he was horrible, but it was funny to watch.

-Kris-
I had finished talking to the two girls that were trying to flirt with them, and I will admit that I was flirting back with them a little, but when I saw Maggie pulling Sidney to the dance floor, I couldn’t help but shove these two girls away, take Maggie away from our Captain and have her all to myself.

I walked up the stairs to our VIP and looked down towards the floor to see that Maggie was dancing with Sidney, Max, Jordan and Tyler. I sighed and shook my head, taking a swig of my beer and then looking at my watch to see that it was almost one.

“What are you doing up here?” I heard someone yell and saw Marc coming over, he left his girlfriend in the room talking to Kunitz’s wife.

“Just thinking.”

“About Mags?” I heard and looked at him.

“Fuckin’ hell, does everyone know?” I asked and Marc chuckled.

“Pretty much, you two are not that good at secrets,” Marc said and patted my shoulder, “We see how you two look at each other.”

“Yeah well, pretty sure I screwed up before I even started it,” I said and nudged my head towards Maggie, she was laughing and looking like she was having a good time.

“What? All I see is five teammates having a good time together,” Marc said and I looked at him, “They know, or at least I’m pretty sure they do, so I highly doubt they would do something.”

“Mikey know too?” I asked and Marc laughed.

“Mikey’s a good brother, but sometimes, he’s not too bright,” Marc said and then nudged his head over towards the bar with Mike was flirting with two girls, his hands around both of their waists.

“Damn.”

“Maggie’s better than the two of them combined,” Marc said and I smirked and nodded my head, “Go get her.”

“You the second person to tell me that,” I said as I remembered Geno told me that as well.

“Well then why are you still here?”