Status: Changing alot as I go along but comment and give feedback and suggestions. :) <3

You Found Me

Not The Warmest Of Welcomings

“Are you just gunna stand there” Daryl shouted at me. “Damn the dead look more alive than you!”
“Sorry, I was almost just bit.” I retorted back to him.
“That’s your own fault princess.” He said rolling his eyes at me.
Why was this this guy such an asshole? He barely knew me and already he was already throwing insults at me, I was just almost bit of course I would be standing there confused. I took his word and slid underneath a car and watched as the walkers paraded away.
Glen and Daryl slid underneath the car next to me, and I watched as he got his bow ready to shoot if a walker got underneath the cars.
I looked over at him and noticed that he kept watching me, I wondered why considering he could not stop insulting me. I smiled over at him and he looked away the second I did, and just as I was about to get up from under the car a walker walked past and I put my hand over my mouth just as Shane had done to keep myself from breathing too loud so it didn’t hear me.
I looked over at Glen who got up from under the car and leaned against it with his gun out looking around and getting ready to shoot at anything.
Moments past and Glen motioned that it was okay for us to get up from under the vechicles, so I slowly rolled out and stood up and watched as Daryl did the same looking around with his bow ready to fire.
“Are they all gone?” I asked Daryl.
He glanced at me with a smirk on his face, and I couldn’t figure out why he was looking at me like that but I figured he had another insult in his mind just ready to shoot out at me.
“Why don’t ya look for yourself, I ain’t nobodies bitch.” He said.
Glen gave him a look and said “Why you gotta be like that Daryl? She only asked.”
He just shrugged his shoulders and walked off into the direction of the rest of the group who once again stood by the RV figuring every thing out.
“Is he always like this?” I asked Glen.
“Most of the time, he’s one of those guys who doesn’t give a damn about anyone but himself.” He explained.
“Then why has he saved me twice?” I asked curiously.
“Twice?” Glen asked wondering when the first time Daryl saved me was.
“It was about two days ago and I was on my way back to my own camp after going to the hospital to get medical supplies. I got into an accident and crashed my car, then a walker or whatever you people call them came at me so I ran into the forest. Two came up behind me and I killed the one, but another one was on me and I guess he shot it with his bow. So afterwards, I was walking back to my camp and I saw him again and of course he insulted me.. But he gave me a ride back to my camp and I turned around to thank him and he was gone.” I explained.
Glen looked completely shocked from that story; he shook his head as if he didn’t believe it even though he did. “Wow, the man must have had some sort of revelation. Who knows why he saved you, I wouldn’t bring it up again with him. He will only deny it.”
We walked back to the rest of the group and Daryl was sitting on the back of a car with his head in his lap, and lifted his head and stared intently at me as I made my way over to Savannah.
“How is everyone?” I asked her.
“Were alright, I was almost attacked but Caleb shot it for me.” Savannah told me.
I looked around at everyone else in the group, they seemed to be a little shaken up from the two crazy run downs we just had.
“Well what do we do now?” Asked Andrea looking at Rick.
“And what do we do with THEM” Said Daryl hopping off the back of the car.
“What the fuck do you mean?” Caleb said getting close into his face.
“We don’t know you people, you can’t stay with us.” He said glaring at everyone in my group, especially me.
“Now, now, Daryl no need to be like that.” Rick said trying to calming him down.
“Be like what?! They’re strangers. We don’t need them around!” He screamed.
“I have no problem with them staying; they don’t seem like bad people. I don’t see why you always have to turn down every new survivor we meet. Were better with more people anyway.” Shane said sticking up for my group.
“I’m sorry to have been the cause for any stress and confusion among your group.” I said putting my head down trying not to let tears form in my eyes.
“Hey, you guys can stay with us. I don’t have a problem with it, the rest of the group doesn’t mind if you stay.” Rick said feeling bad about Daryl’s outburst.
“This asshole here is just gunna have to learn to live with it.” Shane said looking directly at Daryl who was staring at his hands.
“I ain’t gunna like this.” He said glaring at me even more.
“You don’t have to like it.” Savannah said. “You just have to live with it”