Status: Changing alot as I go along but comment and give feedback and suggestions. :) <3

You Found Me

Goodbye, Old Friend

I held my breath as the gun was held towards me, I watched as his fingers ran along the trigger just waiting for the perfect moment to shoot directly at me.

“This is my farm and no matter what you do you cannot have it!” Hershel shouted suddenly as he ran towards the scene.

“Shut up old man!” Merle shouted as he pulled me into him and held the gun against my head.

“YOU LET HER GO!” Daryl shouted to him.

“And if I don’t?” Merle smirked tightening his grip around my throat.

“There is no ultimatum. Just let her go, now.” Daryl ordered raising his crossbow at Merle.

Merle suddenly shoved me forward letting me go, I hit the ground with a hard thud. One of his group members held me down with his foot on my back, I tried to shove him off me but he was way too heavy and wouldn’t move.

“GET OFF ME!” I shouted.

The man just laughed as I struggled to move and breathe, I looked up and saw that there were three walkers coming our way. Merle shot his gun into the air; it went off with a loud bang echoing throughout the farm. Everyone sitting around the campfire got up quickly and ran towards the house, and as they did more walkers came out from the forest.

“What the hell was that for, now you’re going to get every fucking walker around to come here!!?” Rick exclaimed at Merle shoving him into the ground.

Daryl pushed that man off of me and reached down to pull me up, I fell into his arms.

“You okay?” Daryl asked concerned.

“I’m okay.” I lied to him.

Truth was I wasn’t okay. I was far from okay; I didn’t know what was going on. I was scared, and I was confused. I think Daryl could sense that from the way I looked at my feet after I answered that.

He just shrugged his shoulders and started shooting at the walkers that had begun to invade the farm, there was no escape from them. I grabbed at Daryl’s gun he had in his belt and began shooting at some as well.

“This farm belongs to the dead now.” Rick groaned turning around and shooting a walker behind him.
“It’s still my farm, and I’ll die here!” Hershel cried out shooting at walkers that were coming directly at him.

I watched as Merle and his group got into their vehicle and drove away from the farm, I looked around for Daryl but he was nowhere in sight. I ran and hid behind a tree looking out at all directions watching for walkers.

I heard a loud scream and turned around and saw that everyone was crowded around Dale; he had appeared to have been bit. His stomach was torn to shreds by a walker, he was losing blood fast and there was no way he was going to make it.

I ran towards them as Rick paced back and forth not knowing what to do, everyone was broken and in tears.

I looked at Dale, he was gasping for breath I could see the life being drained from his eyes as the moments passed; pretty soon he would be gone forever.

“What do we do Hershel? HERSHEL!” Rick screamed waiting for Hershel to say what we needed to do to help him.

“He’s not going to make it; he’s already lost too much blood.” Hershel told him placing a hand on Ricks shoulder.

Rick knew what he had to do, he stood up and placed the gun at Dales head, Dale lifted his head like he was begging Rick to get it over with. Suddenly Daryl stepped up and took the gun gently from Rick’s hand not making him do what needed to be done.

Daryl kneeled in front of Dale and pulled the trigger on the gun, “Sorry brother.” He whispered as the gun fired into his brain.

And with that he was gone, I looked around at everyone. Carl was crying into his mothers arms, scared and looking rather hopeless. Savannah seemed to be shaken up; Rick was white as a ghost. Everyone else was just standing there, looking around the farm. The walkers had cleared through, and all was quiet.

“What…what do we do now?” Glen stammered as he held on to Maggie who was shaking in his arms.

“We leave.” Rick said looking among the group. “I can’t risk more walkers coming into this farm.”

“I’m not leaving my farm, you can go on your way all you want…but I’m not going anywhere.” Hershel said.

“Merle and his group…they left as we were shooting at walkers. I don’t want to leave the farm with them out there.” I reported to the group glancing at Daryl.

He shrugged and didn’t say a word.
“Rick has a point though; walkers could invade the farm at any time. All the noise Merle and his group made. They’re all bound to show up here again.” Lori added grabbing her husband’s hand.

“But what do we do about Merle?” Savannah asked.

“I can handle him.” Daryl snapped.

I believed him, they were brothers even though Merle had chosen the wrong group to be with. I glanced at him and he looked away. He turned suddenly and began walking away from the group.

“DARYL!” Rick shouted headed off after him.

“Let’s head to bed; we’ve had a long day.” Savannah suggested poking me in the arm.

“But, what about Dale? We can’t just leave him.” I sobbed kneeling by his side.

“We will have to bury him in the morning.” Hershel stammered laying his hand on my shoulder, I looked up at him and he smiled at me.

“We can’t just leave him.” I repeated.

T-Dog suddenly walked up and lifted Dale up, to carry him back to the fire place for the night.

“Thank you T-Dog.” I told him turning to head back to my tent.

“How did Daryl react to seeing Merle?” Savannah asked catching up to me.

“He was surprised, but he wasn’t impressed.” I told her.

“He got kind of protective over you again.” She remarked.

“I noticed.” I told her smiling.

I zipped open the door to my tent, kicking off my shoes and heading inside. I snuggled up inside my sleeping bag closing my eyes.

“Sarah?” I heard Savannah ask.

“What is it?”

“Do you think we should leave the farm? Are we really safe here?” She asked worriedly.

“We’re safer here then we are out there.” I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is a mess I have no idea what I was doing with it, I kinda just wrote and wrote and wrote. Ahaha sorry about the mess. But I tried to make dales death like the show but obviously some differences are noticeable. But yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xD