Status: Done.

Running from the Rain

All of your attention.

The show was going pretty well and surprisingly John seemed to be ok with sitting at a table along side Jenna. Charlee was unsure since Eric wasn't around but the other guys kept him distracted and so did the alcohol.

"Some girl is hitting on your boyfriend." Jenna leaned over to whisper and Charlee's eyes immediately searched for John only to find him at the bar like he was suppose to be and yet a blonde girl she didn't know was clearly flirting with him as he waited.

"Go beat her up." Kennedy teased, a smirk on his lips. He knew by now that what they had wasn't just for show. Even if they didn't want to admit it.

"I'm not going to beat her up." Charlee stated as she rolled her eyes.

"Well go get him!" Jenna urged and she groaned as she moved from her seat.

She walked over in no hurry and once close enough she acted like she was unaware of what was going on.

"Hey you, I'm going to be sober by the time you get our drinks." She said reaching for his hand.

A chuckle escaped his lips as he looked at her, "I'm sorry that they are busy sweetie."

The blonde girl didn't look so happy now and Charlee tried not to smirk at her.

"Girlfriend?" The blonde asked and John chuckled pulling Charlee closer.

"Yep."

"Is that what I am?" She asked with a smirk as she moved in front of him, grabbing the money from his hand and leaning against the bar.

John chuckled at her action, his eyes unable to leave her, "It was nice to meet you. Thanks for coming to the show." He said to the blonde before leaving her and stepping behind Charlee who in fact had already gotten them drinks.

"See, not so hard."

"It's because you're pretty."

She shrugged handing him his beer and he grinned as he stared at her.

"What?" She asked and he chuckled, "Were you scared she was trying to take me home?"

"Hardly."

His smile widened and he slid his arm around her waist, "I think you were."

"Apparently your friends were so I had to be the one to save you. Like always."

"Mhm." He mumbled before sitting his beer on the bar, "You had nothing to worry about."

She gave him a confused look before he grabbed her, kissing her like he had been wanting to all day. She seemed to melt in in his grasp and she couldn't force open her eyes once his lips moved off hers.

"I'm sorry. It's just really hard not to kiss you when I know what it's like." He whispered, his forehead touching hers.

She didn't respond as he pecked her lips once more. She grasped the front of his shirt, his lips landing back on hers. She wasn't ready for it to be over yet. After more kisses than he thought she would allow, he pulled away, a grin on his lips as he grabbed for his beer.

"Come on. The bands about to start." He stated, grabbing for her hand. She let him lead her back to the table all the while her mind was in over drive. This relationship was becoming so confusing to her.

She sat down beside John, not giving much thought as his arm went to the back of her chair. His fingers grazing her shoulder repeatedly. She sipped on her drink trying to focus on A Rocket to the moon playing instead of how close he seemed to her. She swore she could smell his cologne from her seat. Then again, it probably had seeped into her shirt from earlier events.

Once the show ended she was honestly surprised at how great everyone played. She hadn't expected them to be that amazing. They were actually bands she would listen to.

She held onto John's hand as he laughed with Nick over something. Her eyes wondering around the rather small venue as he did so. She oddly could get use to this. Seeing John play, being around his friends, maybe being his real girlfriend. What would be so wrong with that?

"What are you thinking about?" She heard and looked over to see John staring at her with a smile.

"Just thinking..."

"Right, well are you ready to go?" He asked and she nodded instantly. He held onto her hand tightly as he walked over to tell Eric they were leaving. The pair waved at the others before leaving the crowded area.

"Did you have fun?" John asked as they walked to his truck.

"I did."

"Good, I'm glad." He spoke coolly as he opened the passenger door for her. She thanked him and got in only to be joined by him seconds later. His hand latched back to hers and the ride was quiet which he didn't seem to mind. She on the other hand couldn't keep it all in and before she knew it she was asking things she knew she shouldn't.

"John, what are we?" She asked and she wanted to punch herself for being such a girl.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I know I am pretending to be your girlfriend but..."

John breathed in trying to calm his nerves, "Charlee, I know. I just, I like you. I do. I'm just..."

"Scared?"

"I'm not scared. I just, don't want to go down that path again. I just went through a lot emotionally and I just, I can't do it again. I don't know if I want to."

She didn't bother to respond and he sighed as he clinched the steering wheel, "Are you mad at me?"

"No. Just stop kissing me, please." She whispered as she stared out the window.

"I mean, I told you I liked you."

"Right, but clearly I like you more. Guess I'm you in this relationship." She mumbled.

"So who does that make me?" He asked looking over at her as they parked.

"Jenna." She stated with a weak grin before thanking him and exiting the truck.

John groaned rubbing his hand down his cheek before jumping out and running after her.

"That isn't fair."

She spun around in his yard as he reached her.

"What isn't?"

"To compare me to her."

"Aren't you doing the same thing?" She asked and his eyebrows narrowed together in thought.

"No. I don't have another girl. You're it."

"Right, but you swear she led you on and it's basically the same thing."

"How so? I'm not leading you on. I like you. You know that."

"And yet you want to kiss me, and take me out and yet, not be anything."

"You act like that's because I want to see other people which isn't the case."

"Well it makes it seem like I'm not good enough for you. I'm not Jenna. At all. I don't like Eric, I don't like anyone but you. There's no hidden motives, I'm not trying to break your heart, I just like being with you." She said not believing she was admitting all this to him.

John stood there rubbing his arm nervously as he stared at her. He just didn't know what to say, even though he wanted to say so much.

"Goodnight John." She whispered, raising up on her toes to kiss his cheek.

He grabbed her hand before she got too far away.

"I don't want to be just friends with you, Charlee."

"I'm not being your friend with benefits either."

He rolled his eyes, "Is that what you think of me?"

"I don't know what to think of you."

He sighed, "Must we always fight in my yard?"

"It just happens to be that you piss me off the most when we get here." She mumbled crossing her arms.

He tried to fight back a smile as he pulled her closer.

"Don't. Why must you always turn this around? I'm still mad at you."

"I know, baby." He whispered, kissing her gently.

"You're avoiding the situation." She mumbled, his lips trailing over her jaw.

"Mhm." He mumbled back, his hands resting on her hips as he continued to kiss over her.

"John, I have to go home."

"You said you'd stay with me because I'm alone."

"That was before I was mad at you." She managed to get out, trying to focus on anything but how good his lips felt at the moment.

"Charlee, if you were mad at me, you would not still be standing here allowing me to kiss you. So how about you come inside with me." He stated grabbing up her hand.

She tried to ignore the butterflies in her stomach as he pressed his lips to the palm of her hand. John O'Callaghan may not have been a player anymore, but she could definitely see why he was at one point. The over flow of charm made it hard for her that was for sure.

She rolled her eyes and he smiled as he grabbed her purse from the grass and pulled her into his house. Nothing was said as he locked the door behind them and dropped her bag onto the couch.

Her eyes met his and he had to use all his will power not to just push her up against the wall and kiss her like he wanted.

"I swear my life would be easier if you weren't so damn beautiful." He grumbled out as he held her hand allowing her to lead them to his room.

"And how so?"

"I wouldn't want to kiss you all the time." He answered honestly and once in his room she spun around to face him.

"I like when you kiss me." She stated boldly and her eyes met his.

"I thought you don't want me to kiss you anymore?"

"Well looks like you're going to anyways, huh?" She asked with a grin as he watched her pull off her shoes.

John breathed out heavily, running his fingers through his hair as he tried to be logical for once, but it was becoming so hard around her.

"Fuck it." He growled grabbing for her and crashing their lips together before lifting her onto the bed.

It was odd at how little control he had when it came to her. How quickly she turned him into a love struck kid. Especially when he claimed that he did not want a relationship with her and yet here he was...

He just knew there was no one else he wanted to be with right now and no place that seemed as appealing as being here with her.

He could feel his hard exterior against relationships crumbling with every kissed they shared.

Would it be such a bad thing for him?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on a roll with the updates! :3

First things first; you should definitely check out these stories if you need some more John O'Callaghan in your life. Both stories are amazing and the writers are even more amazing than that! Trust me on this...

Making Hits for Your Heart

And a Happy New Year

I'll also shamelessly promote my story with WhiskeyPrincess118;

Sooner or Later

Thanks for commenting;
Chelsea13
Everdeen
Recycledsweaters

I love you guys. <3