Dreams Only Last for the Night.

The thrill of the show.

I looked back at Alex wide-eyed. "Uh. I gotta take this." "Don't. Stay here with me." Alex said pulling me back to him. I opened my phone and pulled away from him walking to the balcony. "Hey Zacky. How was the show?" I asked trying to not sound flustered. "Aww. Babe I miss you. It's so good to hear your voice. The show was good, would have been better if you would have been here with me." "I miss you so much. I wish I could have been there." I said feeling guilty. "So you like the tour life so far?" I laughed and said, "We haven't even gotten in the van yet. We were just all about to go eat." I looked up as Alex came out and sat in one of the chairs. I turned away from him listening to Zacky talk about how crazy it was going to get for us. "Yeah. It’s going to be pretty rough being stuck in a van with 5 boys." I laughed. "Well they guys are getting ready to party so I better go." Zacky said. I could hear Rev screaming something about drinking and I laughed. "Tell them I love them and miss them all." I said. "I will. I'll call you tomorrow. I love you April." Zacky yelled over the guys. "Love you April." All the guys said in a mocking tone. I laughed and said, "Ok. Be good and I'll talk to you tomorrow. I love you too Zacky." Alex rolled his eyes at me when I hung up. "What?" I asked walking past him. "So you love this guy huh?" He asked following me to the elevator. "I do. I think I do at least. I mean I really care about him." Alex shook his head grinning. "Well you either love him or you don't." The doors to the elevator opened and we stepped out. When we got to the doors of the hotel I looked at Alex and said. "I love him."

We all sat squished in the van. Rian was driving with John in the passenger seat. Then Chance, with Stef on his lap, Zack, and Michael in the middle row. In the back seat Ryan, Corbin, Jack, and Alex sat while I was laid across them. "Well this is very comfortable." I joked trying to shift my weight to make Jack and Alex more comfortable. "I am fine." Jack said squeezing my butt. "JACK!" I squealed. "Sorry. Thought it was Ryan's ass." Ryan laughed and said, "I can tell you are going to be lots of fun Jack." Jack nodded feverishly and smiled a big goofy smile. Alex and I laughed. "You have no idea what you guys are in for." Alex said. We pulled up to Wendy's and practically fell out of the van. There were a group of girls that came up screaming for the guys in All Time Low. "Oh my GOD! Alex I love you. Can I get your autograph?" The short blonde one said. The other three just ogled over them all. "So you girls coming to the show tonight?" Rian asked. "Yeah!" They all said together. "Well these guys are our opening act. Their name is No Such Thing." Jack said throwing an arm around Corbin. "Oh. Can we get you guys' autographs too?" One said to Chance. "Sure." He said with a big smile. I wanted to cry because I was so proud of my boys signing their first autographs. I took out my camera and snapped pictures of each of them signing the girls' papers. "Well we'll see you girls tonight." Ryan said after signing the last autograph. The girls giggled and said bye. "Welcome to the rock star life guys." Zack said patting Michael on the shoulder. Ryan grabbed me in a hug and said where only I could hear, "Thank you so much for shacking up with Alex and getting us on this tour." I rolled my eyes at him and hit him playfully.

When we got back to the hotel we had about 2 hours before we had to be at the venue. Rian pulled the van into the parking garage and pulled up next to what was obviously their tour bus. "Wow." John said. "I wish we were in that." "Well hopefully after a few tours you guys will get one." Rian said getting out. "Now all the amps are going to be at the venue and after you'll load it up in your trailer." Alex was telling Ryan as we went up to our rooms. "Where are your rooms?" I asked Jack as we walked down the hall swinging our arms together. "Right across the hall from yours." He said smiling. He took my arm and spun me around then pulled me back to him. "TANGO!" He yelled half dragging me down the hall. I laughed then we got to our doors. A guy with short dark hair was standing against one of their doors talking on his cell. "MATTY!!" Jack yelled letting go of me. "Hey guys." Matt said walking up to us. "This is Matt Flyzik. Our tour manager." Zack said then introduced each of the guys and Stefanie to Matt. Then he, Rian, and Jack went into their rooms. "You are the illustrious April, right?" Matt said extending a hand to me. I blushed and stole a glance at Alex who had a grin on his face. "Nice to meet you." I said. "I'm going to go get ready." Stef said to Chance. I decided I should probably do the same. "I probably should go get ready too." I said to the rest of the guys. John, Chance, Michael, Corbin and Ryan all went into the room and Alex grabbed my arm before I could follow.

"Hey. Can I talk to you for a second?" I turned to face him seeing that Matt was walking into the room. "I just wanted to say that I was sorry for earlier." He said looking down. "I shouldn't have kissed you. It’s just that I've been waiting for today since the day I left L.A." He continued. I sighed and said, "Its ok. I should apologize for kissing back." "Don't apologize for that. I'm happy you did." Alex said looking into my eyes with a grin. "I-uh.I-um. Well. I-" I started to stutter and Alex's grin widened. "I better go get in the shower before the guys do." I said in a whisper. "Ok." he said stepping closer to me. I took in a deep breath and stepped back. Alex grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips. "See you in a bit." He said turning away from me. I walked into the room and buried my head in my pillow. "What's up?" Ryan asked. "I don't know what the hell I got myself into." I said with my voice a little muffled by the pillow. "What do you mean?" I turned on my side to look at him. "Alex kissed me earlier. Actually he's kissed me twice." Ryan's eyes widened. "I know. I only kissed back the second time, right before Zacky called." "Wow. Well who do you care about more?" Ryan asked. "Zacky. I love him." I said looking down. "Do you actually love him or do you only say it because he does?" "I really care about him Ryan. I spent every moment with him for 2 weeks." I said. "That's what I mean April, it was just 2 weeks. It's hard to really tell if you actually love someone in that short amount of time." I looked up at Ryan and he wrapped his arms around me. "I don't know what I'm going to do." I whispered. "Well whatever happens I'll be here." I nodded into his chest then Corbin came out of the bathroom and said, "Your turn April."

We followed All Time Low's tour bus to the venue. When we got out of the van, All Time Low were already surrounded by fans. I laughed as Alex looked at me and mouthed "Help Me!" Matt followed Alex's gaze to our group then announced, "Ok everyone! I want to introduce the opening act for the tour, No Such Thing." All the fans turned and looked at the guys, who waved. A few fans came over and got autographs and pictures. "Alright everyone we have to go inside to set up for the show! See you all in there." Jack said. They all cheered as we went inside. "Ok. Here's your green room. Sound check in 30 minutes. A local band is going to go on before you. Your set starts at 8 and lasts for 30 minutes." Matt said. Then he and the guys of ATL walked to the next room. Alex walked past and gave me a wink. "See you out there." He said. "So how excited are you guys?" I asked sitting on one of the couches. "I am so ready for this." Corbin said pulling his bass out. "I'm really nervous." Michael said twirling one of his drum sticks. I looked at Stef. "What do you think?" She looked at Chance then back to me. "I'm excited." "Me too." Chance said. "Which song are we playing first?" John asked tuning his guitar. "Passion." Ryan said. Matt came back and got the guys for sound check. After that we all went back to the green room. I stopped Matt before he left and asked, "So you are the tour manager, what’s in the job description? I am wanting to do that for the guys." Matt smiled and said, "Well just stick with me kid and I'll show you the ropes. I'll make you the second best tour manager in the world, cause I'm the first of course." We laughed and then Jack started yelling for Matt. "I need more guitar strings and I can't find them!" "That's my cue." Matt said shrugging.

When it was time for the guys to go on Stef and I went to stand at the side of the stage. I peeked out at all the people. "There has to be at least 500 people out there!" I whispered to Stef. She smiled really big as she looked the crowd over. "Hey New Jersey, how we doin' tonight?" Ryan asked as they took the stage. The crowd roared. "I said, 'How we doin'?" The crowd roared even louder. "We are a little band from Evant, Texas and our name is. NO SUCH THING!" They guys went straight into 'Passion'. Everyone in the crowd was jumping and screaming. I smiled at Stef then realized Alex was behind her. He gave me the thumbs up and my smile widened. "Ok. This is our last song. It's our oldest song, called 'Broken Halo'. I am going to need my best friend April to come out here to show you how we rock to this song." Ryan said then looked at me. I walked on stage and people started cheering. I just waved and Ryan put an arm around me. "Ok now there is a part in this song where you are supposed to head bang like crazy. When I say 'ready' you follow April's lead." I waved Stef out and then the guys started the song. When the part came to head bang Ryan looked at me then out to the crowd. "READY?" Then I put my arm around Stefanie and we started head banging. I looked out over the crowd and the entire place was going crazy. "Thank you Jersey you've been great and we hope to see you again soon. Now get pumped for ALL TIME LOW!" The crowd screamed and clapped. Alex met me off stage and said, "That was amazing! You are so much cooler now!" I laughed and gave him a hug. "Have a good show."

The guys of NST, Stef and I stood at the side of stage and watched ATL's set. I sang every song out loud and once or twice Alex looked over at me and smiled. "How about those boys of No Such Thing? Weren't they great?" Alex asked the crowd, which roared in response. "I agree they were amazing." Jack said turning towards us and clapping. "I have to thank a very special person for introducing those guys to us. April come out here and take a bow." Alex said turning towards me. I looked at him and shook my head no. "Oh you can come head bang with NST but you can't come say hello for me?" I rolled my eyes and walked out on stage. "Atta girl." he said as I came to stand beside him. "Now say hello." He said sticking the mic in my face. "Hey everyone. Don't forget to come meet the NST after the show. And check them out on Facebook!" I smiled at Alex and then waved as I walked off stage. "Way to promote your band." Jack said into his mic. I shrugged and then the guys finished the show. After the show the guys from both bands were bombarded with fans. A few even came up to me and asked for pictures. One girl asked, "Are you dating any of the guys?" I laughed and told her, "No I'm just their tour manager, I guess." After two hours of signing autographs we finally loaded up and got ready to head to the next town, New York City. I was about to get in our van when Alex stopped me. "So I was thinking you could ride in the bus with us, I'm willing to share my bunk." I patted his chest and said, "I'd rather re-live tonight with the guys. I'm so happy for them, thank you for making this happen Alex. I owe you a lot." "Well then get in the bus with me." He pleaded. "I'm going to take a rain check." I said and got in the van. "Ok who's driving?" I asked. "I am." John said climbing into the driver's seat and then we were off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully you are liking the story. This chapter is a little longer than the first. Feed back is appreciated! Thanks for reading.