Status: Updates are as frequent as possible.

American Soldier

Good News

God I'm a wreck. I haven't been able to sleep for days and my appetite has disapated. I'm just so worried about Blaze and with no news from her Comanding Officer since he called me about a week ago my stress level has sky rocketed to a place it has never been. Matt has tried putting good thoughts into my head but all I can think about is the negative ones. What if they stumble up on her mangled and dead body? What if she's never found and I have to bury a casket with no body in it? Oh my God all these thoughts have drove me crazy. I'm on the verge of screaming and leaving to go overseas myself just to find my sister. I want them to try harder to find her. She has to be going through hell. I sit here on the couch with the girls as we watch todays headlines on the news. They had a story about Blaze on the news a few days ago and they called me for a statement and all I could say was that I hope she's found and isn't hurt.

As the weatherman talked about the beautiful days we would be getting this week and over the weekend, the phone suddenly began to ring. I shot up from my seat and grabbed up the phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Mrs. Sanders?"

"Yes?" I said to the man's voice.

"Hello this is Colonel Mulligan. I've gotten some great news."

"Is it Blaze?" I asked frantically thinking the worst is about to be told.

"Yes ma'am. She's at a medical unit and she's doing just fine."

"Oh my God thank you! Thank you for finding my sister." I said happily.

"We didn't find her. She found us."

"What are you talking about?" I asked curiously and confused.

"From the stories Blazes has told her Lieutenant, she escaped and assaulted anyone who got in her way before hiking down a mountain and finding her squad while they were resting on patrol. She fired a shot into the air which alerted them. She told the Lieutenant that she gathered information on something big that was about to happen from the base she was taken to and we sent out an airstrike that saved dozens of lives. I've put her in for the Silver Star."

"Oh damn...at least she's alright. Will this make her come home?" I asked curiously.

"She requested to stay in battle. She doesn't want to leave here until every last person has paid for what they did to her and to every soldier that's been killed in action."

"That sounds like Blaze. Please, if you could, tell her that I'm glad she's alright and try not to get captured again." I said chuckling which made the Colonel laugh as well.

"Don't worry ma'am. I'll make sure she gets the message. I've got to get going. I have a press conference on this matter in 15 minutes."

"Yes I understand Colonel and thank you again." I said and we gave our goodbyes before I hung up the phone. I walked back into the living room where the smile that was plastered on my face was getting me confused stares.

“What’s with the smile?”

“Blaze…She’s alive and well in a medical unit.” I said and they all screamed in happiness.

“I’m going to call Matt and let him know.” I picked up the phone and dialed in Matt’s number and waited for him to pick up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Matt’s POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had been recording all day and we’ve got a lot of things completed. Thank God Brian was having a good day even though he kept changing his guitars. We’re now taking a much needed break and Jimmy was being the life of the room. My phone in my pocket vibrated violently signaling there was a call coming in. I pulled out my phone and seen it was Payge.

“Hey baby. How are you and the girls?” I said answering the phone.

“We’re doing better. Babe I have great news.”

“What’s going on?” I asked after taking a drink of my soda.

“Turn on the TV. It should be coming on here in a minute.” I listened to Payge and turned on the TV.

“If you remember the story we did a few days ago about the missing soldier who we later discovered became a Prisoner Of War, well we have breaking news about that. Now a few days ago local Marine Blaze Rossi was labeled Missing In Action by the military and then declared a prisoner by the Taliban. We learned just a minutes ago that Sargent Blaze Rossi was taken to one of the medical units for injuries. Colonel Mulligan informed one of our overseas reporters that she defended herself against the insurgents that took her and she escaped.” The guys patted me on the back and shouted things into the phone. I couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Babe this is great! Didn’t I tell you she would be alright?” I said happily as I turned off the TV.

“Yes you did baby. I don’t why I didn’t listen to you. I guess I was just assuming what anyone would.”

“You sure were. Is she coming back home?” I asked curiously.

“No she requested to stay so she could continue to fight so no other soldier would go through what she did and she said that she’s going to see to it that no soldier in her company is killed by those people.”

“That’s a lot to do but I know you sister can do it. She seems to be a strong willed person.” I said truthfully.

“Oh she definitely is. Well I’ll let you guys get back to work. I just wanted to call you and let you know what I found out.”

“Alright honey. I’ll see you when I get home.” I said. I told my wife goodbye and hung up the phone. I’m glad Blaze is alright and finally Payge doesn’t have to think all those negative thoughts anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Come on people there's only 2 more chapters left. If I get at least 2 comments from 2 different people I'll give you the last 2 chapters. How does that sound?