Status: Completed. This is the sequel of The First Cut is the Deepest, so if you haven't read that story, you should read that story first then come back here for this story. =) Third and final installment is already up.

Here We Go Again

Chapter 34

A week had passed since Will and I... made up, I guess you could call it. We weren't exactly back together yet, but we were getting there. After telling Travis what happened that day, I called Chris and told him what happened as well. He didn't say much except that it was about time we made up.

And ever since then, Will had been doing anything and everything to apologize for what he did. The day after we made up, he came to my room with a fresh bouquet of two dozen red roses. The only other time I had ever received flowers in my life was also by Will when he gave me them to me when I landed myself in the hospital because of him. So I was surprised to receive them, but happy nonetheless. And every day since, he would have another batch of two dozen red roses. I was starting to wonder how many more days he would bring me flowers.

Not only was he bringing me fresh flowers every morning, he had walked me to and from every single one of my classes, no matter if he was late to his own classes. I liked that he was doing that, but I was also worried because his grades were already slipping and I didn't want him being late to add to that. When I told him that though, he brushed it off and refused to listen to me and instead kept walking me to class.

He also had bought me lunch every day and bought me sweets and chocolate. He was spoiling me to no end, so of course I liked it. Once again though, I wondered how long this would last.

Hell, Will even Skyped with my mom and apologized to her about everything he had done. My mom wanted to be angry at him, I could tell, but he was apparently really good with parents and she liked that he came to her and apologized himself. So she forgave him as well. My mom even let him speak to Eric for a bit. Of course Eric had no clue that Will and I had broken up, so it wasn't too weird for him to talk to Will.

After Will had spoken to my mom and little brother, he went with me to my apartment and spoke with Erin. She was hesitant about the whole thing at first, but not only did Will try to win me and my family back, he tried to win over Erin as well. With a bit of prodding and apologizing, and a few gift card bribes, Erin eventually forgave him as well.

While Will was apologizing to my friends and family, I went and apologized to Annabella. We talked about Will and I told her about how I was so sorry about everything, and that I didn't mean for anything to happen how it did. And once again, she told me it was alright and forgave me again. The feeling of relief washed over me like before and this was probably what Will felt like when I told him that I forgave him.

So while I was laying in my bed in my apartment on Wednesday night, exactly a week since Will and I made up, I looked over at him as he brushed his teeth in my bathroom. We just had the last day of school today before we officially went on Christmas vacation. We had dropped off Erin at the airport a few hours ago, so she could catch her early flight back home. I wouldn't be flying back to California myself for another few days, so I would be alone in the apartment until I also left for vacation. And so, I invited Will to stay over with me. He gladly said he would stay with me and he had a duffel bag of his things in the corner of my room near my closet.

When he was done brushing his teeth, he left the bathroom, turning off the light as he left. He walked towards his duffel bag and pulled out a pair of sweatpants. I watched as he took off his wrinkled shirt and jeans, stripping down to only his plaid boxers. I bit my lip as I saw his muscles flex. He glanced over at me and caught my eye.

"Are you checking me out?" he asked with a smirk.

"What? Of course not," I said as I shook my head, a wide grin on my face. He laughed before he pulled on the pair of sweatpants over his boxers. I moved over in my bed, shoving the blanket down so he could join me. He crawled into the bed next to me and got comfortable before he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him. When we were both settled, he looked down at me.

"So when are you going to move back in with me?" he asked me and I shrugged.

"I guess before vacation ends," I replied. He just nodded at me. I had moved all of my things out of Travis' room today and back into my apartment for now. And then I was planning on moving back into my original dorm room with Will when Christmas vacation ended. And then Annabella was going to move back into her original dorm room with Travis during the vacation. All four of us had agreed it was best if we went back to our original dorm rooms and that it would be a lot more convenient for all of us. Everything was starting to go back to normal from before Will and I broke up. Sure, I still suffered from a few health problems and I still needed therapy, but I was getting better. As Will started to drift off to sleep, I realized that while we weren't broken up still, we weren't exactly back together yet either. "Hey, Will?" I asked as I shook him awake.

"Hm?" he hummed at me as he opened his eyes and looked at me.

"You know, you never actually asked me to be your girlfriend."

"What?" he asked me.

"Yeah, you never made it official."

"I thought you wanted to take things slowly this time."

"Will," I started. "I meant, you never officially asked me the first time we got together." He opened his mouth to say something when he realized I was right and shut his mouth. "But other than though, even now, you haven't officially asked me to be your girlfriend."

"You said you wanted to go slow," he tried to say again. I refrained from rolling my eyes at him.

"Baby, you're in my bed in my apartment without a shirt on and I'm only wearing your gray t-shirt and a pair of underwear. Do you honestly think we're going slow at the moment?" I asked him. Even though we necessarily hadn't had sex since before we broke up, we weren't exactly going slow with how our relationship was at right now. And honesty, I didn't really care for slow anymore. I just wanted to be Will's and Will to be mine again.

"Would you like me to make it official then?"

"That'd be nice," I said as I tried to brush it off with a nonchalant shrug. I glanced at him as he let out an overly dramatic sigh, a small grin on his lips.

"Okay," he started. "Nicole Greene, will you be my girlfriend?" I tapped my chin in thought.

"Maybe," I finally replied. He looked at me in shock.

"Maybe?" he asked. I laughed at his expression.

"Okay, fine. Yeah, I'll be your girlfriend," I replied with another laugh. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. He smiled at me before he pecked me on my lips. When he pulled away from me, he tried to fall back asleep. As he held me in his arms, I thought about everything. And then came to another realization. "Baby?" I asked. I heard an exasperated sigh escape his lips.

"Yes?" he asked me without opening his eyes.

"Do you realize that we were broken up longer than we were actually together?" I asked him. He opened his eyes and stared at me in confusion.

"What?"

"Yeah, do the math. We were together for a little bit more than three and a half months the first time. And we were broken up for more than four months." I watched as he let go of me and held up his free hand and started counting off. I saw his eyebrows furrow up in concentration as he counted.

"Holy shit. You're right. What the fuck?" he asked quietly more to himself. I giggled at his confusion. His brow continued to be wrinkled in confusion before I reached up and touched his eyebrows.

"Whoa there, buddy, calm it down. I was just pointing something out," I said with a laugh. He eventually relaxed and looked at me.

"Sorry, it's just... I never thought about that."

"I was just thinking about it, that's all. No need to get worked up over it," I said with a shrug.

He nodded and wrapped his arms around me once more before I leaned my head against his chest.

We said our good nights and I love yous to each other before I glanced at all the roses that he had gotten me that I moved into my bedroom today. A few had started to wilt, but they were still beautiful. They covered every inch of desk space available in my room - and whole apartment for that matter - and I soon drifted off to sleep with the smell of roses filling my nostrils.

Image


Will


Having Nicole in my arms once again was probably the best feeling in the world. And I honestly couldn't believe how I lived for months without it.

I sighed as I pulled her closer to me, burying my nose into her brown hair. She snuggled closer to me and I could feel her whole body pressed against mine through the thin t-shirt of mine that she wore to bed.

Her breath was even and I knew she was fast asleep. I pulled my head away from her and ran my fingers through her hair, loving the feel of it on my skin. After being deprived of her, the simplest things of her had my head spinning. Just the scent of her hair had me wanting to completely ravish her right then and there.

I sighed again as I tried to calm myself. She wanted to take things slow, and even though we were officially back together now, I wanted to respect that and her. So I would wait as long as she wanted. And if she wanted to wait days or weeks or months or even years, I would wait. I would wait forever for her. I would do anything for her and even if I did everything in the world to make up for what I did to her and to make her happy, I would still feel like it wasn't enough. Nicole deserved the best and that was exactly what I was going to try to give to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on break from school right now, but it's been awhile since my last update. Oops. Well, here's the next chapter. Two more chapters left after this! =O
Comment, subscribe, and recommend! Let me know what you think! =)