Status: hiatus until further notice (I haven't forgotten about this; but classes are a pain)

I'm an Asshole, Baby.

T w o

I made sure that for the remainder of the week I was punctual in getting to work on time. No more grocery runs before work I had promised myself. Today I was watching over Ms. Harrison's classroom again. I had gotten an email informing me that she'd be out for a few more days because she was healing from a surgery.

So, yet again today I had the joy of being with her 1st grade class. Upon hearing of Ms. Harrison's surgery I decided that it'd be a sweet gesture to have the kids each make a 'get well soon' card for her. I'd use a humongous poster and put all of the cards on it to show Ms. Harrison when she got back. And also to show off to the other teachers because I did have the best class.

"Garrison, no! Put that down--take that out of your mouth!" I screeched rushing over to Garrison Wilde, his name self explanatory. "No, no, no. Markers are not for eating. They're for drawing." I said removing said green marker from his mouth and into his hand properly.

I patted him on the head as he nodded understandingly. I blew out a huff as I placed my hands on my hips.

"Ms. Robinson," Stacey, one of the most adorable ginger-haired little girls I'd ever seen spoke up, "Haner's got glue on his hands and he's trying to touch me."

I sighed aloud as I quickly rushed over to Haner Gregory, a blond curly haired little adventurer. I scooped him up, making sure to keep his sticky hands as far away from my hair and clothes. I gently placed him by the sink which was at the back of the classroom.

"Haner, you can't touch people when you've got glue on your hands," I softly explained to the tiny little person below. "That's not nice, you could've messed up Stacey's pretty clothes."

"So." Haner flatly said.

"So," I said, turning the faucet on, urging him to wash his hands. "That's not nice to do to girls."

"So? She's just a girl." His freckled face grimaced at the mere word girl. I chuckled, now remembering that Haner, along with the other boys were in fact at that ' girls have cooties' stage.

"Would you like someone to touch you with glue?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow at the little boy.

He stood there a moment, pursing his lips out and soon shook his head.

"Well, you shouldn't do it to others," I said. "Now go on and wash the glue off your hands so you can keep drawing."

The small 6 year old immediately began scrubbing his hands furiously with soap at the mention of drawing.

"Whoa there, champ. Easy on the scrubbing or you'll scrub your hand off." I lightly teased.

His eyes widened looking at me. "Cool!" He exclaimed.

I chuckled and walked away figuring that Haner was now okay to leave by himself.

Later on when the kids were sent to lunch, I ventured outside of the school for lunch again. This time not running into anymore characters like I had a few days ago. Dawn made sure to ask each day after that to ask if I had seen him again, or run into any other hunky guys. I told her no each time.

After lunch was over, and the kids were quieted down we dove right back into making cards. I was leaned against the desk, my calf crossed over the other, my arms folded, watching the kids chat among themselves.

I smiled to myself as the thought of one day having my own little one crawled into my head.

"Whoa! Look at his eye!" Baxter exclaimed loudly. Causing everyone else to whip their heads around, all gasping and 'oohing' and 'ahhing'.

I quickly turned my head to see what had caused the sudden uproar and I saw a man leaning against the door of the classroom. A bright bruise adorning his right eye. I squinted my eyes at the man's face, wondering why I recognized his face.

He entered the classroom taking smooth strides each step until he was in the middle of the classroom, the center of attention.

"Uncle Xavier!" William Ward shouted standing up, a wide grin stretched across his face.

"Hey Willy," He grinned at him and then turned his attention to me. I winced just looking at his face. "I'm here to pick up my nephew, Will." He announced, pulling a cigarette from his jacket pocket.

I gasped. "You can't pull out a cigarette in front of kids." I scolded him with a whisper.

He gave a chuckle as he set the stick between his teeth. "Y'know, you sound like this chick I bumped into a few days ago," He said. "She told me smoking cigarettes was--"

"Dangerous," I interrupted, finishing his sentence for him. "She told you smoking cigarettes was dangerous."

His dark brown eyes squinted in confusion, but then his face changed into sudden realization. "Nooo," he drawled out. "You?"

I pursed my lips out, my hands firm on my hips, slightly insulted.

His mouth quirked into a smile. "I should've known you were a teacher or somethin'."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"You look like a teacher." He said as if it were the most obvious thing on the planet.

I scoffed. "No I do not." I responded.

Rolling his eyes, he squatted down and scooped up William when he ran towards him. "Whatever you say," He said and then smirked eyeing my skirt. "Nice paint stain."

I glanced down at my gray skirt which did in fact have a medium sized splat of green paint on it. I groaned aloud but he only laughed.

"Ms. Robinson, this is my Uncle." William excitedly blurted out to me. I smiled, readying myself to respond.

"Ms. Robinson?" William's Uncle chimed in with a snort. "Sounds like a porn-star."

I gasped.

"What's a porn-star?" William innocently asked.

"Don't you tell him that!" I exclaimed.

He only rolled his eyes and looked at William. "I'll tell you later." He informed William as he started walking away towards the door.

"Bye Ms. Robinson!" William called out.

"Bye William, see you tomorrow," I said with a wave. "Nice meeting you again, William's Uncle." I said with hidden sarcasm.

"Yeah, yeah." He huffed, walking out the classroom.

I huffed, folding my arms over my chest. Dawn was going to love this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy shit Toledo balls. I didn't expect that kind of reaction for my first chapter.
I sort of did this chapter today this morning, thus why it's kinda short. I'm still trying to get a feel for where exactly I want this to go.
So, updates won't be as regular as "Summer Has Come and Passed" seeing as though I've written quite a lot for that already. But thank you all a heap for commenting and recommending and subbing.
I love you guys. You're all sexy beasts.