Sequel: Collide

Her Monologue

T W O.

I looked at my phone as it flashed groaning I answered the phone, “Mia I haven’t even left town yet,” I said as I pulled up at my old apartment to load up the last of my things from the apartment, “I was just making sure you wouldn’t leave town without saying goodbye to me first.” I laughed at how childish my friend sounded I shut the engine off and sighed out softly, “no way in hell would I leave without saying goodbye to you. I’m at my apartment making sure I have everything out and in my car already.” I said into the phone as I got out using my key to get into the apartment I looked around at the empty apartment. “hmm seems empty enough,” I joked into the phone and walked into my old bedroom I shrugged and set the keys on the kitchen counter as I walked out I stopped before I shut the door I ran into the bathroom and grabbed the little box inside the medicine cabinet, “I knew I was forgetting something,” I walked out with a smile on my face. “I’ll meet you at your house to spend the night tonight and say bye.” I told Mia hearing her squeal in delight.

She loved when I spent the night with her which I honestly felt a little creeped out about she always got so excited to be around me which I wasn’t used to. I pulled my hair up into a pony tail making a face I slowly drove off going towards Mia’s house. I parked the car behind her little SUV and cut the engine off I walked inside and saw her on the couch on the phone I sat down across from her on the little loveseat. I watched her talk to her boss I was assuming because she was talking about being late for work tomorrow. I smiled at her I was honestly thankful for such a good friend, part of me would actually miss her.

“Okay, now that work is taken care of, what should we do Jess?” Mia asked me I looked at her with a small shrug of my shoulders, “I don’t care we could just sit here in silence for the whole night and I wouldn’t mind.” I said softly and smiled at her giving me the strangest look I had ever seen on someone’s face, “or not.” I added.

I never really let my feelings show I was one of those people who was very straight forward and hid a lot of what they were actually feeling towards people. “Mia,” I said softly and looked at her I got up and moved over closer to her. “I’m going to miss you, a lot. Thank you for being my friend all these years.” I said not expecting her to throw her arms around me. I blinked a little and hugged her gently. “It’s okay Jess, I will see you again soon. I promise.” She said softly and pulled back wiping her tears away. I looked at her and frowned I hated when people cried around me. “Don’t you dare start crying on me Mia, I’m not leaving to hurt anyone I’m leaving to better myself and get some life experiences in before I die.”

“You’re still young Jesse, you’re not going to die.” Mia said as she got up to grab the phone, “What do you want on your pizza?” She asked me I looked at her and smiled a little shrugging my shoulders, “Pepperoni and black olives.” I looked around her house I spent many nights here with her most sober some totally wasted to the point of blacking out and not remembering where my car was. I got up and stretched I saw a picture of Mia and I sitting on her table I sneakily grabbed the picture frame and put it in my bag. I needed it to remember her I didn’t have pictures of us together. I watched her walk back into the room boy I really was going to miss this girl.
Three movies and two pizza boxes later I was tucked into the spare bedroom looking out the open window at the rather large full moon in the sky. I smiled a little remembering what my mother told me last time we talked with each other which was around the time I was 9. ‘If you look at the moon the one you love could be staring at the same moon. Someone somewhere loves you.’ I muttered softly cuddling the pillow. “Someone, somewhere loves you.” God I hoped she was right I never found the love she talked about, I distanced myself from boys in high School the fear of ending up like my parents was always there in my mind. I drifted to sleep as I let my mind wander on the subject of love. It didn’t even exist in my mind.
“Are you sure you have everything?” Mia asked as I leaned against the cool metal of my car I smiled at her and nodded, “I have everything I need.” I said softly and looked at her; why was there so much pain inside me right now? Leaving shouldn’t be this hard I walked over to Mia and threw my arms around her tight. “I love you Mia, don’t forget that okay?” I said softly feeling her squeeze me back just as tightly as I had squeezed her. “I won’t,” She whispered as she held onto me we stood there for a good five minutes of quiet hugging. “Take a picture with me,” She said pulling her smart phone out of her pocket, I fixed my hair and stood next to her smiling in the picture, “Now you have something to remember me by.” I said softly and smiled at her. I opened the driver’s door of my car and got in. Rolling the window down as soon as the car started I looked up at Mia, “I will call you when I figure out where I’m going to end up.” Mia nodded her head as the tears began I sighed and blew her a kiss before backing out of the driveway. This is it I’m finally leaving after all of these years of being a tortured soul trapped in this decaying town. I’m out just like that I looked at my surroundings as I drove through town towards the interstate that would take me the hell out of this town, so long soldier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments:

Jackson Teller;

Comments welcomed for another update.