Sequel: Collide

Her Monologue

T H R E E.

The little needle on the dashboard was on the H, I sighed pulling off the interstate into another small town, “Welcome to Charming, our name says it all. Population 14,679.” I said aloud as I followed the winding road as the car started to chug, I sighed seeing a large hill I could coast down I saw the town come into view downhill thank god. Once I got down the hill I turned into a parking lot and sighed getting out kicking the tire on the car, “crappy thing,” I mumbled pulling my phone out I had service luckily. I called the operator waiting for the tone to come up and tell me what to do, “Automotive Repair,” I said when prompted; sighing out I heard the phone began to ring as the operator directed me. I drummed my fingers along the roof of the car. “Teller-Morrow Automotive how can I help you?” I heard a woman’s voice on the phone.

“Yeah I’m broken down at the begging of town in the Goodwin parking lot, the car kind of just died on me.” I said into the phone I heard papers shuffling around and a voice in the background, “Okay Honey, stay right there the tow truck is on the way we will bring you here and I’ll have my best guy look at your car thank you, bye bye.” Once I hung up I looked at the phone again and rolled my eyes, “She sounds like a bitch,” I said softly to nobody I climbed up onto the trunk of the car kicking back as I waited for this tow truck to come fetch me.

I looked over when I heard a truck pull into the empty lot, I looked over and got off the trunk as I saw a man, a scary looking man with shaggy black hair get out. He had a leather cut over his blue work shirt, “Hello Ma’am I’m Tig.” He said softly and looked at the car, “I’m here to tow you to the garage,” He seemed like the serial killer type but who am I to judge? “Yeah thanks Tig.” I said and got into the truck waiting as he hooked my crap pile of a car to the back of the truck, I buckled myself in. I glanced at him once when he got in.

“Are you planning on staying in charming long?” He asked making small talk on the way to the garage I looked over at him, “No, I don’t do small towns I’m from a small town and they’re nothing but trouble.” I said and looked out the window at the passing scenery. I saw a big void field of cut down trees with a large white sign. “Charming Heights, doesn’t look like nothing but a pile of rubble to me.” I said softly; I snapped my head over to the man when he chuckled. “It’s not, everyone in town is fighting this development. Nobody wants these houses to go in.” I frowned and looked back out the window at the small town there seemed to be a lot of people staring as the tow truck drove by must have something to do with this guy’s leather vest. I saw the lot come into view I got out when he stopped for me to get out I walked up to the door that said office I knocked on the door and was met face to face with the woman who had the harsh sounding voice, “Have a seat while the guys look at your car.” She said it was only obvious that she was some sort of leader here a mother maybe. Unlike the other workers here that were wearing either those leather vests or the uniform she was wearing tight fitting black clothes and leather boots. Like a biker’s wife normally would.

“What’s your name?” She asked breaking the silence I must’ve spaced off, “huh?” I asked and shook my head slightly, “Oh shit yeah my name, Jesse Frasier.” I said softly and watched her write it down before leaving no doubt to get the information from my car like the VIN or the license plate number. I looked around the small office two chairs by the door a couch along one wall and a desk it was a little cramped but I guess it worked. I heard people talking outside I glanced out the small window and saw three men wearing those vests talking to a man in a plaid shirt he sort of looked like a pimp. I watched the group of men talking I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt a hand on my shoulder I turned quickly and looked at the woman, “this way darling one of my mechanics is going to talk you through what’s wrong with your car.” She said leading me out to a garage stall my car was in. “Juice this is the owner be nice.” The lady said; who the fuck named these guys? Tig? Juice? What’s next Apple? Hobo? Dingdong? I looked at the one they call Juice.

“Your radiator has a hole in it, from what looks like a rock or maybe a really big bug.” He said showing me the radiator, “it went straight through the radiator broke one of the fans and cracked a head on your motor so that’s why the car sputtered then died on you.” He said I watched him shine a light to show me clearly I blinked a little, “Okay...” I said softly and rubbed my neck, “How do you fix it?” I asked looking at him my fingers were nervously playing with a strand of my hair. “New fan, New heads, new radiator.” He said softly and I groaned and nodded, “Okay do it,” I said and walked back into the office, “How much will I owe you?” I asked the lady I bet I looked like a scared puppy dog. “It will be about 450 for just parts, service 100.” She said I nodded my head and grabbed my wallet out of my purse I pulled out 600 and held it out to her, “Do you know of a cheap motel?” I asked looking at her.

“Motel, in this town? Honey no you’re too pretty to stay alone, my boys have a spare room here you can stay in.” She said to me not even bothering to look up at me as she put the money in the drawer. I blinked a few times me stay here? Was this lady crazy?! “That’s awful nice of you but I can’t just stay here that’s not, right I mean you guys don’t know me or anything. I could be crazy.” I said trying to make a joke. “We have a way to take care of things if they’re crazy, a 45mm to the head.” She said I blinked as my eyes widened I thought she was serious then she laughed. Okay these people were fucking insane.

“I never did catch your name.” I said softly as I grabbed my duffle bag out of my car throwing it over my shoulder. “Gemma.” She said I nodded my head making a mental note of her name. “You’ve met, Tig and Juice.” She said and pointed out each man as she said their name, “Bobby, Chucky, Phil, Rat, Chibs, Happy, and that over there is my son Jax.” She said pointing at the blonde walking our way, “Who’s the Hispanic man next to him?” I asked quietly looking at Gemma. “That’s my lover Nero.” She said softly and walked over to meet him. I watched her give him a light kiss.

Gemma turned to Jax “That chick is going to be staying in the room in the clubhouse, don’t leave her here alone, she looks scared and the motels are no place for a girl by herself.” She said thinking I couldn’t hear her but I could. I saw the one she called Jax look over at me before he approached me, “Hi,” He said giving a silly half smirk half smile. “Hi,” I said softly and looked at him tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. “I already told your mom that I’m fine with a motel but she insisted I’m sorry if I’m putting anyone out.” I said quickly looking at him.

“You’re not,” He said to me; God damn this man was attractive. Blonde hair and blue eyes that’s enough to make a woman weak in the knees. I followed behind him slowly and bit my lip gently when I walked inside the, what looked like clubhouse. I saw all the reapers hanging on the walls signs that read in white or black letters SAMCRO. I looked around and mumbled, “Sons of Anarchy, Motorcycle Club Redwood Original?” I saw the surprised smile on his face, “How’d you guess?” He asked looking at me. “Your vest I’m just guessing that’s what Samcro stands for right?” He nodded his head, “You’re right.” He said softly and lead me down a hallway I saw all the pictures of past club members and mug shots I blinked and walked into the bedroom with Jax. “Well here you go you can stay here, don’t be shy come say hi to all the girls that work here, some are family others are Crow eaters.” He said softly.

What the fuck is a crow eater?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments:

Jackson Teller;
and
Sugarplum.

Comments are wanted and welcomed.