Sequel: Collide

Her Monologue

N I N E

Jax’s POV

“Jesse?” I said as I walked up to her she was sitting in the waiting chairs with her bag, “You’re not seriously going to leave just like that are you?” I asked looking at her I frowned a little as I let her speak. “Jax, I don’t belong here you know that.” She said to me in almost a whisper I looked at her and sighed running a hand through my hair. “Don’t go.” I said looking at her as she stared at me. “What?” She asked; I stared at her sighing out. “Don’t leave charming just yet.” I said slowly looking at her.

“Jax...” She said slowly I looked down at her and shook my head, “No I’m not asking you again just please don’t go just yet.” I said looking at her, “I thought you and I were getting along well and that I could, convince you to stay.” I said looking up at the sigh as I ran my fingers through my hair again. “Jax listen to me, I’ve said it once and I will say it again. I don’t mix well with small towns. There’s nothing here for me Jax.” I felt my heart throb when she said that I looked at her seriously. “What about me? Don’t you like me?” I asked her.
End POV

I stood up and looked into Jax’s eyes. “Jax...” I said again and looked over as the mechanic handed me my keys, “Jax I can’t I’m sorry, I’ve waited my whole life to get out of small towns I’ve wanted this for so long.” I looked down sighing I could feel my heart breaking just at the thought of someone wanting me to stay. “Can’t you just give me a chance?” He asked. I stared at him for a few moments then looked over at his mother who walked over to us.

“Just let her go Jax.” Gemma said looking me up and down. “She’s not worth your time baby.” I glared at Gemma then sighed. “She’s right Jax, I’m not worth anyone’s time.” I leaned up and pecked his cheek very lightly. “I won’t forget you Jax,” I held out a little white card with my number on it, “If you need me… call me and I’ll try to come back.” I turned and got into my car putting my bag in the passenger seat I started the car and drove out of the lot. I inhaled deeply as I turned onto main street ’what are you doing? He actually had feelings for you!’ my mind kept screaming at me. My heart ached as I saw the sign that said “now leaving charming,” I sighed loudly as I drove through Medina County I pulled over at a diner.

“Darlin’ you look a little upset.” A little old woman said to me as I sat along the counter at the diner. “I’m conflicted.” I answered and looked back at the table top. I closed my eyes to stop the tears from gathering. “Would you like to talk dear?” I felt the old woman’s hand on my back I looked at her and sighed out I knew better than to just talk to strangers but, what was life without a little risk?

“I’m trying to escape my past,” I said quietly my eyes darted down, “I don’t have the best past in the world,” My words broke as I felt the tears fill my eyes for the first time in a long time. “I met this man back in a small town and I promised myself I wouldn’t get attached and I think I did.” I said and wiped at my eyes quickly to smear the tear away I sighed taking in a shaky breath. I hadn’t cried in a long time, yes I had let a few tears shed but I hadn’t fully cried in a long time.

“Dear, your story sound like that of my husband and I.” The old lady said putting her hand on my shoulder. I looked at her and smiled a little. “Can you tell me what you did?” I asked as I wiped at the tears again. “Come on dear, I’ll put you up in my home for the night and tell you the story of my husband Henry and I.” She said quietly as she got up gathering her things. I checked the clock on my phone and gasped as it was nearly midnight I followed the lady out of the diner, “My car is this way ma’am.” I said I didn’t know if I should be trusting this old lady or how she could trust me.

I pulled up to this cute little house that looked like it was lost in the 60’s. I followed her inside setting myself down on the couch. “Can I hear the story now?” I asked her looking around at the pictures that hung on the walls of her home. “No dear you need rest and so do I, when the sun is up I will tell you the story and help you get on your way.” I looked up at the lady and smiled a little. “Thank you ma’am I never caught your name.”

“Call me Emily.” She said as she grabbed a blanket and a pillow, “I’m afraid the couch is all I have but it will save you some money dear.” I took the blanket and smiled slightly, “I really do appreciate this Emily.” I watched as the little old lady locked up and went down the narrow hall to what I knew was her bedroom I settled down against the couch and looked around the pictures on the wall of this house could tell a story. My phone vibrated in my pocket I dug it out and saw a text from Mia, ‘where are you at?’ I unlocked the phone and typed a quick reply ‘Medina County, some old lady let me stay with her.’ It was only a few seconds before I received a reply back ‘you trust people to easily Jesse, be careful, call me in the morning, xx’
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one more chapter to go...