‹ Prequel: Her Monologue

Collide

T H R E E.

“I can’t believe you actually came.” I said as I wiped at my eyes I smiled at Mia sadly trying to look somewhat decent considering I wasn’t wearing makeup my nose was running and my eyes were puffy. “Of course I came, you’re my best friend Jesse.” Mia said walking into the motel room with me. I sat on one of the two beds in the room I looked at her and sighed. “Do you want to gloat?” I asked her looking at her face.

“As much as I’d love the chance to tell you I was right, I don’t think it’s the time for that.” She said sincerely to me I gave her a small smile. “Tell me what happened?” She said sitting to the left of me as we faced the window looking out at the parking lot of the motel. I inhaled deeply and shook my head looking down sighing out quietly. “While I stayed here in charming to get my car fix, I met a guy named Jackson.” I said looking over at her. “We got to know each other I, I fell in love with him because I felt this connection.” I took in another deep breath looking over at her.

She was still with me I looked at my lap rubbing my hands together. “I felt like I wanted to stay with him, but for some stupid reason I drove out of town and found myself at a diner in Medina County,” I said sniffling some to stop the tears. “This woman an old woman let me stay at her home over night, in the morning she told me a story and she turned out to be the mother of John” I looked at Mia she was listening so intently hanging on all my words. “John was Jackson’s father, I decided to come back instead of heading to Dixon.” I looked down.

“Hey…” Mia said and brought me into her arms. I hugged her tightly and sighed out. “Okay, I’m good. I came back to charming and it took me a few hours to talk myself into going back to see him.” I explained and rubbed my eyes. “His mother let me in to see him and when I walked in, that whore I told you about Ima,” I saw her nod, “was in his shirt he was laying in bed shirtless and my heart broke.” I said looking down again the tears fell down as I talked about it. I never let myself cry in front of people but Mia I felt fine crying with her.

“Oh baby,” She said cuddling me closer to her body I cried softly and shook my head as the tears fell down my cheeks I couldn’t even form words in that second. “It’s okay I’ve got you.” She said rubbing my back I felt her rocking us slightly. I sighed out as I rubbed my eyes shaking my head. “I’m an idiot aren’t I?” I said quietly and shook my head. “You’re not an Idiot, you just… finally for once in your life put yourself out there to be loved and it was the wrong guy.” She said and stroked my hair gently. I looked at her and nodded my head.

“You’ve never had a boyfriend, you never went to dances, you never dated, why this guy?” She asked me I stared at her quiet. Why this guy? I thought of that question over and over in my mind just staring at her. “I don’t, know…” I said honestly looking at her I didn’t know why I picked Jax. I didn’t know why out of my whole life I let my heart out of its cage to this guy, only to have him rip it apart and throw it down. “I wish I knew.” I said to her and shook my head.

“So are you coming home?” She asked me I looked at her and shook my head no. “I can’t go back to that small town, but… besides him being here Charming seems like a good fit for me, It’s still small but on the way in did you see the development they had planned? A whole mini community to add on with some stores and a few homes I think it will be nice.” I said to her. I could see the disappointment on her face when I said I wouldn’t be going back with her.

“Oh,” She said sadly and looked at me sad for a second then she perked up. “I’ll stay until you find yourself a Job and an apartment or something.” She said clapping her hands she was lucky enough to be employed by her father and had no need to worry about losing her job because she was staying with me. I smiled widely at her thankful she’d stay because I honestly didn’t know what I’d do. I had about $300 in my bank account to last me until I find a job just in food and gas in the car I wouldn’t have much to live on or buy this motel room for another few days.

“First we need to get you cleaned up get a local classifieds and drive around to places with the help wanted signs in the window so we can get you a job then we go from there!” I smiled as Mia said that to me I nodded my head and hugged her tightly. “Oh god I didn’t realize how much I miss you!” I said as I smiled at her I sighed out and shook my head. “I can’t get too attached you’ll be leaving.” I said to her sadly. She smiled at me and shook her head. “Charming is only two hours away from my front door It takes longer to go see my boyfriend in Dixon when he works and I go see him often so I’ll come see you often!” she said to me I smiled at her “So I need a two bedroom apartment so you have a place to stay?” I joked and smiled at her when she nodded, “I’ll be sure to look into that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments on the last chapter:

Jackson Teller;
and
Sugarplum.

Comments are welcome and wanted. Feedback is encouraged I can take harsh feedback don't be afraid!