Sequel: These Four Words
Status: Updates Every Wednesday (and sometimes Sundays)

Cigarette Daydreams

004

August 1st 2012
Los Angeles, California
1:30pm


Allie’s POV

“What time did you say they would get here again?” I leaned over and whispered at Allen trying to be careful not to let the doctor hear me. They had rejected the idea of anyone who wasn’t close family or friends in the room seeing as that the status Erin’s medical condition is being sought after by some different reporters.

“Um I told them around 2 seeing as that is when most of the doctors around here go on lunch break,” he smiled at his own coyness.

“We have to get Momma T and her dad to leave too,” I trailed off not knowing if our plan was ingenuous or destined to fail. Allen smirked and I knew that he had that part taken care of

As soon as the doctor finished explaining Erin’s “progress” which was obsolete, I looked over at the clock and it read 1:50. We were cutting it way to close. “Hey I’m starving, anyone else hungry?” I looked over at Allen who dramatically grabbed his stomach.

Momma T in her usual manor looked over at him with concern and then up to the clock realizing she and her husband hadn’t had anything since last night. “Me too sweetie,” she glanced over to her husband whose eyes were glued on his too pale of a daughter. “I think we could use the fresh air, what are you guys hungry for?”

“In & Out” I shouted knowing it was across town and it would give us plenty of time to sneak in this band.

Momma T smiled and looked over at her husband silently telling him to get up and go with her, he sighed looking over at his beautiful wife and stood up. “We will be right back,” he looked over at his wife who smiled a nodded. Allen help escort them out the room and I glanced at the clock again, 2:02.

As soon as Allen left the room he quickly returned with two lanky men. One with shaggy brown hair and the other with shaggy-er black hair, they looked so damn familiar. “Thank god, that was close.” I looked at Allen who nodded.

“This is Alex,” he pointed to the guy with brown hair who was caring an old guitar case. “And this is Jack,” he pointed towards the slightly lanker guy who held his old acoustic looking over at Erin with worry in his eyes.

“Thanks for coming you guys,” I motioned for them to take the two chairs on either side of Erin. “Allen and I are praying this works.”

Jack nodded his head, “we owed Allen a really big favor and we are just glad he didn’t use it to go on tour with us.” He mussed looking over at Allen who blushed a deep scarlet. The Alex guy was really quite though. He couldn’t take his eyes off of Erin and I knew it wasn’t because she looked super pretty because trust me, spending a month in the hospital does wonders your complexion.

“Um, what should we sing?” Jack asked me awkwardly and I had no idea. Were they both going to sing?

“Um, I don’t really know any of your songs so I guess whatever.” I murmured looking over at Allen who just shrugged. When I heard a soft melody beginning to play, I looked over my shoulder and saw Alex strumming an acoustic humming. I looked over a Jack who looked just as confused as I did but he didn’t hesitate to jump in and started blending his guitar with Alex’s.

“Therapy you were never a friend to me,” he strummed. “You can keep all your misery.”

I sat down, memorized by his voice. Why did they sound so familiar? I looked over at Erin who was unconsciously drumming her fingers and I wanted to scream. It was working.

What none of us expected was to see her big brown eyes pop open cutting off Alex in the middle of his song. She looked at him so very confused and I cried out her name.

“Alex?” it was faint but we all heard it. Allen went running out of the room to catch a nurse and I fell to my knees. Doctors and nurses came running in demanding we all leave and I could see Erin close her eyes again. I started screaming for someone to help her before we lost her again. But my screams went unnoticed and we were all kicked out of Erin’s room.

I looked around at the two guys who look just as astonished as I did while Allen had this huge shit-eating grin on his face. “I knew it would work.” His words didn’t really reach me until Allen started to shake me, “Allie! She’s back!”