Sequel: These Four Words
Status: Updates Every Wednesday (and sometimes Sundays)

Cigarette Daydreams

009

August 24 2012
Los Angeles, California
2:35am


“This is your house?” I asked staring up onto the gorgeous castle-like townhouse. For it being in the business district, it had to be expensive. A months rent for a townhouse like this was probably more than my four-bedroom apartment cost me for a year. I let out a low whistle.

“Temporarily.” He unlocked the front door letting me in.

“So is this the part were you offer me a drink and then attempt to seduce me upstairs?” I asked with a smirk on my face. I knew how guys like him operated.

“Well seeing as that my girlfriend is sleeping upstairs, I don’t think that is such a good idea.” He handed me a bottle of water and my face fell.

“Girlfriend?” I asked completely stunned.

“Yeah, girlfriend.” He enunciated the word like I had no idea what it meant.

“Wow. Ok. Was not expecting that.” I looked everywhere but his face waiting until my face would stop heating up.

“Come on,” He laughed putting his lanky arm around my shoulder. “I’ll show you the guest room. Where you sleep.”

“Can I just borrow your phone and I’ll call Allie to come get me.” I didn’t want to be here. I wanted to be in my bed. Why the FUCK would he bring me here if he had a girlfriend sleeping upstairs.

“Nonsense,” he paused opening the door for me and I kid you not this room could fit my entire apartment in it. “She is probably asleep and you saw how bad that traffic was. Just stay the night and I’ll take you home tomorrow.”

“No Alex it is so awkward with your girlfriend upstairs.” I turned to him and he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly knowing I was right.

“We aren’t really that serious. Plus she leaves early in the morning so she won't even know you stayed the night.”

“Alex,” I wined.

“Erin! It is fine, honestly, Nicole and I are causal.” He told me like it was no big deal and I scoffed.

“She lives with you, how casual is that?”

“She is just here so I don’t get lonely,” he looked at me with such intensity that I didn’t want to question it anymore. I guess we were both fucked up.

“Ok, thank you.” I told him smiling, “see you're not a rockstar asshole.” He laughed and ruffled my hair.

“You still suck.” I went to shut my door and he stopped me, “Can I ask you a serious question?”

“It depends.”

“Why did you think I wouldn’t remember you?” I was confused and lost and then more confused. Remember me in the hospital? Remember me in the bar? Remember me in what sense? This boy needed to learn to articulate his words.

“Wha—“

“Never-mind. Stupid question.” He ran his hands through his shaggy hair in frustration before grabbing the door handle. “Goodnight and happy birthday Erin.” He quietly shut the door and the floodgates of my mind opened wide up. Well I wasn’t getting any sleep tonight. I sighed as I flopped on the bed.

August 24 2012
Los Angeles, California
12:16pm


“Is she dead?”

“Well she just snored like 2 minutes ago, so I’m going with a no.”

“Should we wake her up?”

“She looks pretty peaceful to me.”

“You mean she looks pretty to you?”

“Shut-up Jack.”

“You wanna fuck this chick, don’t you?” I heard a slap and I knew it was probably time fore me to 'wake up'.

“Shut the fuck up Jack!”

"Come on you know it's true! I haven't seen you look at girl like you look at her since Li-"

“Can yall keep it down please?” I moaned out rolling over and both of the guys raised their eyebrows at me. “What?” Alex’s eyes grew wide and Jack started laughing, I quickly looked down at myself and noticed that I was in nothing but my bra and underwear. My unconscious self seemed to strip out of clothes faster than anyone I’ve ever met and I started laughing. “Sorry ‘bout that.” I slid out of bed and shrugged on my leather pants not caring that the two guys were probably looking at my ass. I went to put on my green tank and realized it smelt like tequila and sweat.

“Can I borrow a shirt?” I asked Alex who was trying his hardest to look me in the eyes and not in the chest, unlike Jack who had no problem making it known that he was enjoying my bare chest. “If you keep staring at my boobs I’m going take the shirt off your back, Jack!”

He didn’t even blush. He just snapped out of his state and smirked at me. Alex ran upstairs and returned a few moments later with an old black V-neck and I slipped it on without hesitation. It was obviously way to big for me and the V-neck was dipping a bit too low for my taste but I shrugged it off.

“Sorry if it’s too big. I thought giving you one of Nicole’s shirts would be weird.” I nodded my thanks.

“It’s cool, thank you.”

“So can we eat now that sleeping beauty is up?” Jack asked rubbing his stomach complaining of starvation.

I punched him in the shoulder, “ass.”

“What?” He smirked, “It’s not my fault Alex wanted to watch you in your sleep, if it were me I would have thrown water on you.” This earned another punch from me and a slap on the head from Alex.

“Gosh can we eat before I am abused anymore?” Jack shouted laughing.

“Yeah, Erin where do you want to go? There's this great place downtown or this dinner that has the best strawberry milks-”

“Can you just drop me back off at my apartment, please?” The situations I ended up getting myself into were always so awkward. After all the drinking I did last night, I wasn’t going to be eating anytime soon.

“Uh yeah, are you sure?” Alex asked and Jack nodded.

“Yeah there is this great breakfast joint downtown that has amazing French toast,” Jack urged.

“Yeah I’m fine. I’m too hung-over to stomach food.” The boys laughed and nodded in agreement before we headed out to their cars. The ride was quick and painless thanks to Jack having control over the aux cord and I was back at my shitty apartment before I knew it. “Thanks for the ride.”

“No problem,” Alex smiled and Jack made an unnecessary comment about my boobs again.

“And thanks for letting me crash at your place last night,” I awkwardly turned away but not before I could hear jack yell “nice ass.”

I’m so over boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprise update because I'm officially on Summer Break.