Riptide.

But it's all love over here

Another month has come and gone and it’s so hard to believe that 2 months ago, I made the drastic move out here. But honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Moving out here was the best thing I’ve done. I’m surrounded by amazing people and there is no stress here; no pressure to be something I’m not.

And to make matters even better, Aria is moving out here for college and is coming to see me! Nothing could be better than that. I miss her. It’s nice that she’s only a few hours away instead of being cross country with our overbearing mother and father that lets our mother get away with murder.

“You’re in a good mood.” Patrick notices as I help him make a few pitchers of mimosas. Zara is out sick today so Patrick is covering for her in the morning and I’m covering her for the afternoon and evening rush. I don’t mind working all day. Zara has done so much for me, this is the least thing I could do.

“I am happy,” I smile. “Aria is coming up this weekend after unpacking her dorm room. She’s staying for a week.”

“She’s driving up?”

“I’m driving to L.A and bringing her here.” I reply. “Mom didn’t want her to have a car out here. Apparently she doesn’t want her daughter tempted up beaches and fun.”

“Your mom sounds like a b---” he stops what he says when he notices a mom and two young children walk in. “Your mom sounds like a witch.”

“I honestly think this is more a of punishment to me.” I sigh. “The she-devil knows how close Aria and I are. But whatever. I’ll just drive that almost two hours to see my baby sister. She’s worth the traffic.”

“You and Aria must be really close.” Patrick notes. “If she’s anything like you, she must be amazing.”

“She’s my little mini-me.” I laugh as I pick up a pitcher of mimosa. “I can’t wait to see her and introduce her to everyone. You guys will love her.”

“I’m sure we will.” He smiles before I disappear outside to fill some champagne glasses.

**

“So when are you free tonight?” Brody asks as he and Hendrix sit down outside. It’s after three and the mimosa rush has died down a lot.

“Patrick and I are closing up at five today.” I reply as I place their usual orders down in front of them. Brody gets a Pepsi with vanilla syrup and Hendrix gets a vanilla iced coffee. “Why? What’s going on tonight?”

“Cash is back in town and we’re having a party.” Brody replies. “You finally get to meet the legend.”

“And just when I thought he was just a myth.” I chuckle. “When’s the party?”

“Not until seven.” Brody says. “That way you have time to take a shower and get ready. I’ll pick up if you want?”

“Such a gentleman,” I joke. “Sure pick me up at 6:30?”

“See you then.” He smiles as I walk away to wait on another table. I can’t help but to smile too. He’s something special.

“What’s with you and Brody?” Patrick asks as I enter the kitchen. “You look like a giddy school girl whenever you’re around him.”

“We have history.” I vaguely say. “That’s it. Nothing special.”

“Just be careful okay?” He sigh. “I’d hate to see you get hurt by him. He’s a party boy; not relationship material.”

“Thanks for worry about me Patrick,” I smile as I put a hand on his right shoulder. “But I’m a big girl. I can take care of myself.” He forces a smile on his lips before he walks away. A frown appears on my lips as I watch Patrick walk away.

Note to self; ask him what’s wrong before I leave. He doesn’t seem like his usual happy self…

**

As soon as it died down, I escape to get changed. But as soon as I’m done, I walk back into the cafe just in time to see Patrick getting ready to leave for the night. This is the perfect chance to ask him what’s wrong.

“What are you still doing here?” He asks me. “I thought you have a party to get to.”

“You, my friend, are more important than a party with a bunch of beach bums.” I chuckle. “What’s wrong? You don’t seem yourself. You usually aren’t throwing low-key shade at Brody. So what’s up?”

“I just don’t want you to find yourself following in the footsteps of every other girl that moves here. Every single one of them fell for the charms of Brody and Cash. I would hate for you to be one of those girls.”

A smile appears on my lips as I pull him into a hug. “I fell for Brody once. It won’t happen again.” I whisper in his ear before pulling away. “What are you doing tonight? Because you should totally come to the party with me.”

“I would but I have a huge paper due tomorrow night and I still need to put the finishing touches on it.”

“Boo, you whore.” I laugh. “See you tomorrow then?”

He chuckles, “see you tomorrow Ali.” Both of us walk out the door and he locks up. And as he walks to his car, he stops midway and turns back and looks at me. “You look nice by the way.” Before I could reply he turns back around and walks away. A smile appears on my lips. Patrick is something special; I’m sure of it...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ali;work
Ali;party

comment&subscribe?

chapter title credit: Shoot 'em Down by MOD SUN ft MGK and Blackbear