Status: Nano story.

The Night Shades.

Sase.

Everything was different, the whole environment was different. There didn't seem to be any struggle, everything seemed to be...relaxed and in order. They had homes like we did, they walked on two legs like we did, spoke like us though some struggled. Some were very welcoming of me, while others still wouldn't even glance my way as I walked through the small village. They were so much more advanced then us, or maybe we just chose to act like we didn't know to gain more.

Soft fur rubbed against my fingers causing me to look down, I was so entranced at the scene in front of me. Small houses, mothers, wives or what ever they were called. They were all family. The small wolf looked up at me with pleading eyes, I hadn't received any names as of yet. But I could tell that I was the first human to even be welcome in this village.

We started walking again down the stone path, I didn't know where I was being taken, I was still a bit nervous at this point but I did my best to keep as calm as possible.

Stopping front if a small home I looked down at the wolf, waiting for him to move but instead he plopped his ass right in the floor and nudged me towards the home. Narrowing my eyes I sent him a small glare which got me a huff in return, then another shove towards the home. Why couldn't he turn to human and tell me what I was walking into? My doom? A trap? Food? I felt my stomach grumble at the thought of food, when was the last time I had eaten?

I was given another nudge and shuffled away in a rush, maybe there was food in there. Maybe I was going to be the food! Pushing the door open, I was treated by a warm home. There were steps a few feet in front of me, to the right was a living room with a fire place and decorations, to the left was a kitchen which sent the smell of stew my way. My stomach growled again, so my feet followed the food.

"Welcome."

A woman stood next to the table, which held two bowls of stew. Not paying much attention to her and being slightly rude, I shuffled into my seat and started eating. As hot as it was, the food was delicious. Peering up I watched her sit down and start eating her self, as if she was following my movements in a more fluid movement.

"You are the new human here." Placing my spoon down I watched her, I took her in. Tan skin, blue eyes with a hint of gold. Her hair was short and black and she dressed in a loose shirt with pants.

"Yes, I'm still getting used to this. I was told-" my words were cut off with her hand coming up motioning for me to silence.

"You are not one of us," She leaned back in her chair and watched me, "but the Alpha wants you here with us." Her eyes narrowed and brows furrowed as if she was trying to see through me. To see why I was sitting at this table with her, to see why I hadn't tried to run back to where I had come from.

Nibbling my bottom lip I shifted, not hungry anymore and slightly uncomfortable at the same time. She stood swiftly and stared down at me, her eyes now only a shade of blue. Hands rested at her sides and her lips thinly pressed together, I waited for her to say something. Or even just do something instead of staring at me like I was a piece of meat.

"Iesi afara."My whole body stiffened at the tone of voice behind me, it was deep and threatening. My eyes went back to the woman and I could see her head was now lowered and her hands were now balled into fists, but she quietly apologized to me and quickly shuffled out of the house.

"I apologize for Rena, she's not used to this. None of us are." The man stood in front of me, he was shorter then Mr. Husky and his hair was blonde with tints of red in them. His face was well sculptured with a few scares, even a five o clock shadow. His eyes were brown. Why did they all ave different eye colors?

Then it hit me, he was the wolf who had escorted me to this house. "Why did you all take me in, I don't understand." My voice was low, cracked and shaky as I spoke. He quickly took a seat across from me and moved the bowl of stew away, his eyes set on me in a stern look.

"I've been asking my self that since you got here, our alpha is different. He's always had different views over the generations, kill humans, save humans, study humans, ignore humans. That man is confusing." He placed his hands on the table and smiled, it was a generous smile. "This is his home, I assume Rena didn't explain that?"

I shook my head and he sighed.

"Why am I staying in his home? What is his name? I enjoy calling him Mr.Husky and man from the market, but a name would be nice." My body had become relaxed as I watched the man in front of me. Generations, were they some if the first of Floras creations?

"My name is Ryder." He gave off a smile again before standing and looking around, "You are staying here, under his protection. As we Night shades which is what you call us, aren't used to a human being in our territory. Some may act worse then Rena, you're safe here. Rena won't enter again and if she does she will receive punishment."

He walked over to me and knelt down to my level, his brown eyes just searching my own, it was sort of creepy. "What is your name?"

"Jessa badro."

"Welcome Jessa, I do hope to get to know you better and learn from you. You are...special to us in ways that you wouldn't imagine." His lips touched my the top of hand and my eyes slightly widened before he stood again with his hands now stuffed into his pocket. "Clean up, he should be back before night fall." With a smirk and a nod, Ryder left me alone to my thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
iesi afara- Get out. (Romanian)

Thank you
riotgurl for your comment.

Thank you.
Roden.
Mr.Darcy
Riotgurl
Aubree James
Starfire

For the Recs. :)