Status: Nano story.

The Night Shades.

Nine.

You could say in a sense that I was overwhelmed, my whole life was turned upside down. The world as I knew it, really wasn't the world as I knew it. Things were different, very different. I now had to become accustomed to this new world, I had to learn their rules and ways of living so I didn't mess up.

So here I stood, in the middle of the bedroom staring at the wall mirror. My hair was a mess, I hadn't showered yet and I wore the night garments that were given to me. The sun was shining through the windows indicating that It was around noon and all I wanted to do was bounce around with joy.

But the joy I held didn't last long, the bedroom door had swung open and Ryder rushed into the room looking frantic. His brown eyes mixed with gold as he stood in the room sniffing the air, it was as if I wasn't even there, or he just chose to ignore me standing there staring at him.

I watched his eyes creese and his head tilt slightly before looking at me, the look on his face said it all.

"I apologize Jessa," Ryder slowly bowed his head in my direction and then looked at me. "I sensed fear from the hallway, so I reacted."

I couldn't help it, I couldn't stop the smile forming on my face. I was scared, I was terrified to say the least. This was new, this was an adventure I never had. Rubbing my hands together I shifted my weight to my right side, Ryder still stood looking slightly ashamed in himself.

"Thank you, I am afraid, scared and terrified." I took a deep breathe "This is basically a new world, everything I was taught to fear isn't that bad. Even though I've only been here for about two or three days. So yes I am terrified but very happy."

Ryder smiled and ran a hand through his dark hair, his body becoming relaxing and a chuckle left his throat. "I haven't been around humans much, as you can tell. Neither has Damien, I do ask that maybe you don't overwhelm us with emotions. Tell us, so we don't freak out."

"I'll try my best, now scoot so I can shower and dress...please."

The laughter boomed from Ryder's chest as his hand held his side, leaving me to stand there confused.

"Jessa, you don't have to be so civil. You live among wolves, or as you call us Foras night shades." Ryder stood straight, his hand gripped the door handle as he slowly walked out laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's some information.
Damien- Leader.
Ryder-Damiens right hand man/wolf.
Rena-(you'll see)
Jessa.

I had to get this chapter in, its short and just not really to the point but it gives her an Ryder a start at a friendshio and it shows just how she's feeling.