Lip Gloss and Black

The Love we Share Seems to go Nowhere.

Weeks passed by before Jayde heard anything from Zack. It angered and hurt Jayde completely. She knew better than to give into her feelings and sleep with him. Jayde was so angry she took on extra work just so she was home long enough to sleep, eat and shower only.

One week before the wedding, Jayde had ran into Val and Sabrina, Brian's girlfriend, and found out that Zack and Gena had been talking again since the day he left Jayde behind in Vegas. Deep inside Jayde knew that's what happened and luckily enough she put on a good enough show, Val and Sabrina never caught on to how hurt she was over the news. After that though, Jayde shut herself out of their lives. She always had an excuse for when one of the girls or Jimmy would invite her somewhere.

Nancy would ask where Zack was from time to time. Jayde would always say he and the guys were in the studio or having family time, why? She wasn't sure why she was still covering for him, but she was.

Jayde resumed life as if Vegas and Zack didn't happen. She would attend her cousin's wedding alone and face the wrath of Abigail head on. She and Nancy were driving into Colorado the week of the wedding, and Jayde's nerves were shot.

"Zack will be coming right?" Nancy asked, "Because I'm not staying in the cabin with you actually."

"What?"

"Jane and I are staying together. We got along so well at the casino, we decided to keep it going."

"That's good."

Nancy nodded, "I just don't want to see you alone in that cabin, so please tell me he'll be there."

"Yes, mom. Zack will be there with me," Jayde lied. She didn't even bother to let him know anything. As far as she was concerned, their deal was off.

"Ok."

~*~

Nancy helped Jayde get settled into her cabin before leaving. Jayde was beyond exhausted from working triple overtime between the music shop and serving drinks at the coffee/book store and she passed out on the sofa.

Some time later on, Jayde awoke to the smell of fresh coffee brewing and bacon being fried. Stretching until she popped, Jayde made her way to the bathroom to relieve herself and fix her smeared makeup. Once she was satisfied, she made her way to the kitchen, mouth watering at the smells that graced her nose.

"Damn ma, I figured you'd...."she trailed off realizing Nancy wasn't in her kitchen.

"Hey Jayde."

"What are you doing here?" Jayde asked, crossing her arms across her chest, glaring at Zack.

"I'm your date, remember?" Zack asked.

"Since when?"

"Um since you asked me to be?"

Jayde's eyes narrowed, "Go home."

Zack froze at the stove, "What?"

"You heard me. Go home to Gena."

Zack flinched at the mention of Gena. With a long sigh, Zack placed the tongs he was using to flip bacon down on the counter, "I know I have alot of explaining to do, but let me finish making you breakfast first. Please?"

She shook her head, "Go home."

"Jayde-"

"Don't you dare fucking do this to me again! Just fucking go dude!"

It was Zack's turn to glare now, "Me?! What about you! You're just as guilty here Jayde."

"How in the fuck do you figure?!"

"You..you flirt constantly with me on tour whether or not you notice it, practically tell me to either marry Gena or ditch her ass. You invite me to your cousin's wedding and Vegas for a week! You tease me the entire time, almost fuck some random guy, then turn around and fuck me instead! Then you're pissed at me for leaving and don't even tell me to be packed and ready for this week? I've gotta hear about it from your mom. Fuck you."

Jayde scoffed, "Fuck you! You took advantage of my weakness then pussed out in the middle of the night and ran back to your ex! Fuck me? Fuck you!"

Zack crossed his arms over his chest but stayed silent.

"I've never flirted with you on tour. I told you nevermind at the music shop that day. You was the one who volunteered yourself to be my date!" she shouted then glared, "and how do you know about the random guy?"

"I came back to tell you how I felt about you but you had already gotten on the elevator with him. By the time I caught up, you were pinned against the wall making out with him."

"You didn't even check to see that everything was alright? He could have raped me."

"You seemed to have everything under control," Zack shrugged.

"Fuck you," she mumbled.

"You first."

A tear rolled down her left cheek. She sniffed and turned to leave the kitchen. She stopped in the doorway and faced him, "You're relieved of being my date. I'm sorry I got you involved."

"What if I want to stay?"

Jayde shrugged, "Invite Gena while you're at it."

Zack growled under his breath and followed her into the bedroom of the cabin. Jayde felt her back collide into the wall as she turned to ask why he was following her. She went to protest but was silenced with his lips sealed over hers.

She let the kiss happen for a few seconds before pushing him away with a glare, "Don't."

"Why not?"

"Because...because I'm tired of crying myself to sleep at night!"

Zack raised an eyebrow, "Since when?"

"The night you bailed."

"Jayde..."

"No Zack. I'm a moron I get it. I got caught up in the moment and I never realized I was playing with fire. If I could take it all back, I would."

"I wouldn't."

Jayde looked at him, shocked.

"I really like you Jayde. I have for a long time. The night I bailed, I realized it and I ran. I don't know why I did, but I did."

"That's supposed to make it better?"

Zack shrugged.

"I fell in love with you Zee," she whispered.

~*~

Zack sat on the sofa with his head in his hands. Hearing Jayde confess she was in love with him was both wonderful and hard. He was torn between the woman he loved since school and the woman Jason hired on three years ago. Both girls were a good match for him but he couldn't have them both.

He spent many nights since his last night in Vegas racking his brain over which girl he could see himself with for the rest of his life. He had a very hard choice to make and Jayde wasn't making it any easier for him.

"Why are you still here?" Jayde grumbled while walking past him.

"Didn't feel like leaving yet," was his response.

"Well feel up to it already, I have a stupid lunch thing to go to."

"Yes its a fancy, dress like you're rich as fuck and order uncooked food for the hell of it lunch. Nancy informed me on it and will be mad as hell if I'm not by your side for this."

"She'll get over it Zee," Jayde rolled her eyes, "Besides you've got a girlfriend back home who probably doesn't know you're here with me."

"I know your mom better than you think and no she won't," Zack chuckled. "And Gena isn't my girlfriend."

"That's not what Valary and Sabrina are saying."

"Sabrina doesn't know shit and Val is just as bad."

"C'mon Zack she told both of them you guys was back together. Quit lying already."

"Dude we're not together! Shut the fuck up already and get your ass in the shower.  We don't have long before lunch starts."

"Go to hell Zack. I'm not bringing you to lunch with me!"

"Leave without me and I'll make sure you regret it for the next deal," he chuckled darkly.

"Whatever," Jayde grumbled.

Xxxxxx

Not only did her mom force her to go to lunch with Zack, she made her and Zack sit with the bride to be. Zack felt awkward being near the cousins. Jayde on the other hand was enjoying the stares she was getting from the people around them. Not only was her emerald green chunks touched up and more vibrate than ever, she ignored the hell out of the dress code as well.

"So Jayde this is the boyfriend huh?" Abigail asked eyeing the couple; silently judging the pair.

Zack nodded, "Yes I'm the one who stole her heart. Your cousin is amazing."

Abigial smiled, "Yes, she is."

Jayde raised an eyebrow, "Since when would you say anything nice about me?"

Zack tapped her leg with the toe of his shoe. Jayde, in return, pinched his side as hard as she could. She wasn't scared to call her cousin out.

"Since we grew up. Look Jayde I'm so happy you came! Like seriously, you coming makes this so much better!"

"Ok?" Jayde raised an eyebrow again.

"We've definitely got alot to catch up on. You'll have to stop by my house later on."

Zack noticed the mischievous glint in Jayde's eyes and quickly thought of an excuse to get her outside. He nudged her side, "Step out with me for a smoke break?"

Jayde nodded and jumped to her feet to follow him outside. Once out the door, Jayde ran straight into his back, "The fuck dude."

"Thought she was a stuck up bitch?"

"She's trying at least," Jayde muttered, unconvinced.

"Don't get too carried away though. It never ends well."

"No shit," she chuckled darkly, "You bailed on me after fucking me."

Zack groaned, "I said I was sorry!"

"Yeah well," she lifted a shoulder.

"Me being here with you should be enough to realize I wanna be around you."

She snorted but stayed silent.

"I can't believe you wore those holey ass jeans to this fuckin' place," Zack chuckled causing her to grin wide. He was done trying to argue.

"Probably why she's being so lovely to me," Jayde giggled. She watched Zack toss his cigarette butt to the parking lot and grabbed his arm to stop him from heading back inside, "Wanna smoke?"

"Not out of that damn pipe here dude."

She slipped out a joint from her bra with a grin.

"Spark it Smokey."

Jayde saluted him and did as instructed. They smoked about half and headed back inside, holding hands. Pissed or not, Jayde loved the feeling of him touching her.

Xxxxxx

Jayde and Zack lounged at the cabin the rest of the day without arguing or fighting about Vegas. Both knew the pot was a good part of why but also because they were just enjoying being around each other. They chose to have an old school movie marathon to end the night with, eventually falling asleep cuddled up together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welcome new readers! I hope you enjoy this, I know its kinda here and there lol.
Thank you to everyone who's commented so far!

Title credit Marilyn Manson-Tainted Love.

I'm reviving two of my older stories, one could be possibly posted today. I haven't decided just yet lol. Another update for this story is on its way, its almost edited and stuff:)