Lip Gloss and Black

III

Jayde wanted to cry. The venue where the guys were playing wasn't exactly big enough to set up the merch booth inside where it was warm. She had exchanged a few choice words and thoughts on the matter with the manager of the place only to lose miserably. With s huff, she stormed out of the building, kicking snow forcefully along the way.

"What's wrong with you?" Jimmy asked, catching her arm as she passed him.

"Fuckin' prick won't let me set up the booth inside the place. Says it's too damn small."

"That's bullshit."

"No shit," she muttered.

"Want me to have a talk with him?"

"Jimmy, as much as I love ya and as awesome as you are, you can't make him change his mind," Jayde sighed deeply. "Stupid old bastard needs to get laid."

Jimmy's face paled slightly while Jayde continued to complain, "Uh Jay?"

"What?"

"Shut up."

"Excuse me? Shut up?" she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Yes, it would be very wise of you to take his advice before you're thrown off of this property, Ms. James."

Jayde's eyes widened as she turned to face the manager she was bitching about.

"I was willing to work with you that is, until you started running your mouth."

"I'm sorry, honest. I'm just so stressed out. I've been in extreme heat conditions for the last week and now I'm doing really cold conditions. I can't afford to get sick and miss work," she sighed.

The older man processed everything she had said and simply nodded once, "Set your stuff up. Just try to stay out of the way as much as possible, please."

She nodded, "Thank you."

"At least he was understanding after you explained everything," Jimmy said grinning. "Maybe you should do that more often."

She raised a hand and flipped him off, "Or just not harass the merch girl from the get go."

"Possibly."

"Jimmy, the guys are getting ready for warm-ups," Jason said as he joined the pair, "Jayde I'm giving you a free night."

"Jason, I can't afford that! I-"

"Will be paid in full anyways. You've worked your ass off these past couple months babe. You deserve a break every now and thenike everybody else. Go watch the guys side stage," he handed her an extra back stage pass.

She took the pass with a sigh and slight nod of the head.

"It'll all be okay Jay, I promise," Jason added while shooing her away with Jimmy.

~*~

Jayde had to admit being able to actually see the guys up close and personal was amazing. She loved how they interacted with each other and the fans. Here and there Jimmy would grin and point at her with his drumsticks. Matt waved, Johnny smiled along with Brian, who bumped Zack's shoulder to alert him of her presence. Zack's face lit up seeing her watching them play.

As the show came to an end, the guys filed off stage one by one lead by Jimmy.

"Did you enjoy yourself?!" Jimmy shouted, flinging his sweat dripping body into hers.

She squealed trying to free herself from him, "You guys were amazing but holy shit and no offense but you smell really bad right now."

Jimmy laughed maniacally, "So do you now!"

Jayde squealed again as she and the guys fell to the ground. She swore in her mind this would be the first and last time she watched the guys back stage. Finally after what felt like forever, the guys got to their feet. Zack being the last, helped her up.

"Thanks Zee," she smiled, "Now that you assholes are done getting me super smelly, I'm going to go back to the hotel and get another shower."

"Cool, then dress up 'cause we're going out to party," Zack said grinning.

"Ok fine," she groaned playfully.

"We leave at eight p.m., don't forget!" Zack added as he walked away.

She mumble mocked him and headed towards the exit. She made sure her hood was up as she stepped out into the cold. One night of letting loose with the guys couldn't hurt, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the new recs and comments totally awesome:)
I know these first 3 chapters have been super short, but they do get a bit longer a few more into the story. Hope you're all enjoying this!