Lip Gloss and Black

IV

Jayde checked over her appearance once more, making sure the outfit she had chosen wasn't too revealing, but showed off just enough. She touched up her dark lipstick and made her way to the door, grabbing her key card and phone along the way. She slipped the key card into the back pocket of her ripped jeans also making sure she had some money for drinks or at least a pack of smokes.

Satisfied she had everything, Jayde pulled the door open and slipped out of her room. She was surprised she didn't see any of the guys yet and hoped they weren't playing a trick on her.

"Wow, ready on time for once," Brian chuckled as he stepped into view followed by Jimmy.

"Ha ha Haner," she mumbled.

"You look really good tonight Jay," Jimmy smiled, "I mean you look good every day but still."

"Thank you James."

"Ouch with the full name babe."

Jayde grinned.

Brian smacked him on the back of the head, "You know better than that shit dude."

"I didn't mean anything sexual holy fuck!" Jimmy groaned.

"I know, I just like fucking with you. But you guys are lucky I'm going out with you. Totally goes against my idea of being professional with you."

"When were doing shows and you're selling our shit, we're on a professional basis. Any other time, we're six best friends who couldn't handle life without each other," Jimmy stated with a nod. "I won't listen to any arguments or any other shit about it."

Jayde grinned, "Deal."

Jimmy grinned back, "That's what I thought."

~*~

The single band members were spread out amongst the dance floor having casual conversations while Jayde, Zack and Brian stayed behind at the booth drinking. Zack was nose deep in his phone texting Gena, who had finally gotten over him not telling her sooner that they had made it to the next city. Brian was also in his phone texting his woman, while Jayde screwed around on social media.

She had noticed that one of her friends had pictures posted from the previous day. As she scrolled through them, she stumbled across a few of her friend and Dean in a rather heated make out session.  She gripped the phone tighter reading the caption posted underneath it current pics of the boytoy and myself. Love this man to pieces!!.

"Mother fucker," Jayde said, slamming her phone down on the dark walnut stained table top and quickly downing her shot and Zack's also.

"Hey!," Zack said, "That was mine!"

"Get another," she shrugged.

"Get laid," Zack shot back.

"Go to hell Baker."

Zack watched as she stood up and stormed off through the crowd and out the front doors. He rolled his eyes but followed her anyways, even though he was annoyed with her behavior this evening. He found her sitting against the club's outer wall with her forehead resting against her knees.

"You ok Jay?" he asked, joining her on the ground.

"This entire time Dean and I have been together has been a joke to him," she began, clearing her throat, "He and my best friend have been fucking for god knows how long. My best fucking friend and ex! What the fuck dude! How could I have been such a moron?!"

Zack raised an eyebrow, "Why are you beating yourself up over this?"

"Because I loved the bastard and she was my childhood friend man. I should have known better than to assume they hated each other. God I'm stupid."

"Jay look at me," Zack sighed, placing his hand under her chin lightly, "Look at me."

"Why?"

"Dude, quit worrying about either of them. They don't mean shit to you anymore. She was a shitty friend and he was a shitty boyfriend."

"Yeah well," she mumbled.

She finally glanced up at his face. His warm smile did nothing for her no matter how hard she tried to listen to his words. With a deep sigh, she pushed his hand away from her face.

"Why'd you do that? I'm trying to help."

"Zack, this was a mistake. I'm sorry, I should have told you no in the first place. I'm trying to keep a professional only relationship with you guys and this isn't helping."

"Jayde, you're our merch seller, how the fuck is that supposed to fall under professional based anything?"

"I might just be a merchandise seller and no maybe it isn't something like being a lawyer or some shit, but I sure as fuck won't be called some band whore because I'm selling your shit by day and then partying at bars by night!"

She turned and started to walk away. Zack glared at her back and grabbed ahold of her wrist.

"What the fuck are you talking about?!"

"I'm not stupid Zack! I've seen what goes on between merch girls and bands. I won't subject myself to that, I'll quit before it happens!"

"Jay, babe, calm down. We invited you out because you deserved it and we wanna be your friend. None of us would jeopardize your job or self for a quick fuck."

"I just don't want any fans seeing me with you guys and assuming something stupid that gets one of you guys into trouble with the girls. That's why I've gotta keep everything the way it has been."

"The girls know better than to think anything like that."

"What about Gena?"

"Gena..." Zack sighed, "Gena is stupid if she believes anything is going on between us. We both know we're only friends and that's all that matters. If she wants to break up with me over nothing, then we weren't meant to be anyways."

"I just wanna go back to my hotel room Zee. I'm tired and being an idiot right now 'cause of the whole Dean and Becky deal."

"I'll take you back then."

"Zee," she groaned.

"Fuck off," he grinned, "if I don't the guys will tell me I'm an asshole for not doing it and making sure you get back safely."

"Fine."

~*~

Two days later Jayde and the guys found themselves on the road again. Jayde chose to ride with the Berrys this time, just because of the other night. She felt like an idiot for blowing up on Zack like she did.

"He's not mad ya know," Jason said turning in his seat to face Jayde.

"Yeah well," she sighed, "I don't ever wanna show my face again."

"He is right though, fuck what the fans think or say, you're an adult. You're allowed to go have a good time with friends."

"Yeah but-"

"You know you're doing nothing wrong with the guys," Matt cut in.

"I know but still," she groaned.

"Good hell girl get over it already! You're not fuckin' one of them. Hell you don't even have feelings for any of them. Why can't you just be friends with the guys and chill whenever?" Matt asked.

"I don't want it to affect my job! That's why!"

"Babe, that's far from affecting your job," Jason chuckled, "Being their friend, fucking or fighting won't affect it one bit. The only thing that will is if you decide to quit."

She nodded but said no more. She was very much happy that this tour was on the last leg. She needed to get home and figure things out from there.
♠ ♠ ♠
*sigh* another sucky chapter haha. The next chapter begins with everyone at home. It's finally going to start moving along some yay lol.