Sequel: Blue on Black
Status: Comments = Frequent Updates

A Welcome Burden

Chapter 11: One Month Later

"Damnit."

"What is it Logan?" I asked as he made our way to the checkout.

"I forgot the cheese. Could you go get some?" I nodded and walked away towards the dairy section. I can't believe it's already been a month since Logan saved me at that bar. Time seems to be going by super fast but I don't mind.

Logan and I have gotten closer since the incident at the cliff. He's been a real big help in my practicing. I mostly practice on the different size pieces of wood he brings into our campsite. In this last month we have made it from Wyoming to the lower end of the state of Texas. I had never been here before or to the other states we passed through. We've been here in Texas about a week before we made it this far. I got to the dairy section and picked up a variety of cheeses before heading back to Logan.

"That was fast." He said as I put the packages into the rolling cart.

"I don't take forever."

"Yeah right. Say that again when you're showering." He said chuckling. I gave him a fake look of hurt before laughing and agreeing with his statement. After Logan paid and wheeled the cart to the truck, I got into the back of the camper and started loading up bags making sure to put the fridge stuff away first.

"These last 3 bags are yours." I looked at him confused before looking inside. I smiled when I saw the 2 big bags of cowtails and some Gatorade.

"That should hold you for a while."

"I'd say so." I said nodding while climbing out of the camper. Logan took the cart back as I lit up a cigarette and climbed into the cab of the truck. It was hot here in Texas. I'll definitely need to change into some cooler clothing.

As Logan drove down the road back towards the campsite we passed, I had my arm propped out the window just watching the small town go by. It was a little too quiet for my taste.

"You mind if I turn on the radio?" I asked looking over at Logan. He now had a cigar in between his fingers on the steering wheel.

"You know you don't have to ask. Just as long as it ain't any of that dubstep shit. That crap drives me up the wall." I laughed. I couldn't stand that kind of music either. That and rap and hip hop. I turned the dials until I found a station that plays new and and old rock and roll. I smiled when the familiar song came on. I hummed along letting my troubles fly away. By the time the second verse came up I couldn't stop my voice from coming.

"One day I’ll face the Hell inside me
Someday I’ll accept what I have done
Sometime I’ll leave the past behind me
For now I accept who I’ve become
And now I see clearly

All these times I simply stepped aside
I watched but never really listened
As the whole world passed me by
All this time I watched from the outside
Never understood what was wrong or what was right
I apologize
I apologize

One day the shadows will surround me

All these times I simply stepped aside
I watched but never really listened
As the whole world passed me by
All this time I watched from the outside
Never understood what was wrong or what was right
I apologize
I apologize

Whoah, I apologize
Whoah, I apologize
Whoah, I apologize
Whoah, I apologize
I apologize
." I sang while keeping my gaze out the window.

"Where did you learn that?"

"What?" I questioned.

"How to sing like that. Never knew you could."

"And you never asked." I said leaning down and grabbing a bag of my cowtails.

"Want one?" I offered as I  opened the bag.

"Sure why not. Gotta see why you love them so much." I handed Logan one of the long ropes of caramel goodness and he ripped it open with his teeth before chomping down on it.

"Hmm not bad. Not too sweet." I smiled at him before eating my own piece. Logan pulled into the camp ground and we went straight back to a secluded site. He made sure to get me as close to the woods as possible if I had to do my hunting. He's so considerate. The coolest thing about this place was the huge lake. I can't to explore this place or wonder as Logan calls it.

This past month I've had some really strange feelings. Not bad feelings but good ones. I'm not really sure how to describe it. I know it envolves Logan but I can't tell if it's because he's my friend or something entirely different. As I sat on the ground watching the water from the lake glisten in the sun a classic rock song came out of the camper. It made my heart race as it connected with my thoughts.

I wanna know what love is...
I want you to show me...
I wanna feel what love is...
I know you can show me...
Aaaah woah-oh-ooh


I laid back in the grass. Is that what I'm feeling with Logan? I don't know what love feels like other than the love my mother gave me but the song was just getting to me. Maybe this feeling could be love...

"So what would you like for dinner?" Logan asked as he stood over me looking down.

"Anything is good with me."

"That gives me a tons of options there Chey." He said sarcastically.

"You're welcome." The song on the radio started the chorus again as I looked up at Logan. I felt something for him...I'm sure of it now but I have feeling he sees me as nothing more but a friend. I sat up quickly before getting to my feet.

"I'm gonna...um take a walk." I said awkwardly before walking away. Why am I so awkward at times?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~Logan's POV~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I watched as Cheyenne walked away from me and down towards the water. I can't deny that the first time I saw her in that bar I thought she was beautiful. Probably the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. We've grown close since that time. I realized I didn't want to lose her after that wolf attack. I was so scared that she might be hurt or lost from me forever. I think I love her...but does she feel the same way?

I went back into the camper deciding on what to make for dinner. I looked on the fridge at the stuff I bought today. My eyes locked on the steaks. Sounds good. I've been craving a steak for a while now. I grabbed the pack of steaks and a few other things before getting started. I watched her out the window as she walked down the shoreline of the lake. A smile crept onto my face. She looked at peace and probably didn't want to leave this place but I don't like staying in one place for too long of a time. Maybe one day we'll find ourselves a place where we don't have to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~
~Cheyenne's POV~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I love it here. This side of the lake is secluded and almost tranquil. This place gives that right amount of serenity to make anyone happy. I looked at my surroundings. My eyes spotted a rock shelf and I started that way when I heard Logan's voice.

"Chey!" I looked at him as he waved his hand. I guess dinner is done. I'll have to explore those rocks some other time. As I got back to the camper, the smell of a rare steak made my mouth water. I sat down in a chair when Logan handed me a plate. His food looked really good. He made steak, a baked potato, and grilled corn on the cob. I cut a piece of the steak and popped it into my mouth.

"Mm this is really good Logan. You should let me cook sometime." I said cutting the steak some more.

"I didn't know you could cook."

"Again you didn't ask. I can cook practically anything." I said cutting open my potato.

"I'll have to make you prove it one day." Logan and I ate in silence. When I finished my plate I leaned back in the chair.

"Man I'm as full as a tick." I said rubbing my stomach. Logan took my thick paper plate and through it into the fire with his.

"Well I'm gonna take a shower." I said getting up.

"I've got a better idea." Logan smiled evilly at me.

"Logan you do it and I'll hurt you." I said pointing my finger at him.

"Okay okay." I turned around and didn't get out 2 steps before he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Logan! Put me down!" I yelled.

"Alright." He pulled me off of his shoulder and dropped me down into the water of the lake. I glared up at him as he grinned innocently.

"You said to put you down. You didn't say where."

"God you're such a smartass." I said before splashing water on him.

"Oh it's on now." Before I could move he jumped into the water sending a wave over me soaking my hair. We splashed it each other until we tired out. I was having the time of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Is there a little romantic feelings between the two? So what did you all think about this story? Let me know in the comments!**

Song Cheyenne sang:
[img]https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=i+apologize+five+finger+death+punch[/img]

Campsite Song:
[img]https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=i+wanna+know+what+love+is+foreigner[/img]